Old Jul 05, 2012, 05:15 AM
Jyvaskyla, Finland
Joined Aug 2003
2,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Wee View Post
MFR = manufacturer?

Tommy
Ok. Still I think that it is harsh to say that Heino as manufacturer is missing the boat. One has the accept that different manufacturers have different policies. NAN has huge volume and can produce many updated version each year. Jaro concentrates on innovation. Heino makes up to date (but not cutting edge) products with very good quality.

One does not need the latest hyper laminate to win a competition. New materials are also on low side of learning curve. So if you want a trouble free plane with zero risk of having fly a kind of a prototype, maybe choose the little older and thus better known alternative.
Tuomo is online now Find More Posts by Tuomo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2012, 06:57 AM
Finland, Klaukkala
Joined Sep 2011
49 Posts
Tuomo,go vank your self:-), you talk more than you do....go fly!
janne savolainen is offline Find More Posts by janne savolainen
Old Jul 05, 2012, 09:43 AM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
Joined Jul 2007
3,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by janne savolainen View Post
Tuomo is my Yang on RC groups - and I am the Ying - if I post something is perfect then he posts its too lite - if I post that span rocks he will post that shorter spans launch faster - -

Sorry to hijack the thread - The tragis rock - I see better potetnial that is not attained (yest) but what do I know...its 6:45 am and I am off to shoot landings -
webbsolution is offline Find More Posts by webbsolution
Old Jul 05, 2012, 09:58 AM
Jyvaskyla, Finland
Joined Aug 2003
2,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by janne savolainen View Post
Repairing Aspire fuselage. Now third lamination curing... it was bad but it will fly
Tuomo is online now Find More Posts by Tuomo
Old Jul 05, 2012, 10:43 AM
ROV Pilot
Norway
Joined May 2002
473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomo View Post
Heino makes up to date (but not cutting edge) products with very good quality.
I would say the one of best in quality out there, I have had my hands on many,many models the last 15 years, and in my opinion the only thing that is better is Jaro Müller's modells...

Have a electro fuse for the 801X on order, can't wait to get it...

Tuomo: Do you have a good setup for the 705X, have both a electro and sail fuselage in my hobby room.
jijohans is online now Find More Posts by jijohans
Old Jul 05, 2012, 06:56 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2003
2,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jijohans View Post
I would say the one of best in quality out there, I have had my hands on many,many models the last 15 years, and in my opinion the only thing that is better is Jaro Müller's modells...

Have a electro fuse for the 801X on order, can't wait to get it...

Tuomo: Do you have a good setup for the 705X, have both a electro and sail fuselage in my hobby room.
Hi Jijohans
optically (gelcoat surface) the JM models are on the top and with some nice sometime innovative design details and features, however there are MFR's out there who are not behind structuraly ( and that's whats really counts IMO) like Samba, Jesina and more.

m2c
Thomas
wakumann is offline Find More Posts by wakumann
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 05, 2012, 07:00 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2003
2,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webbsolution View Post
There are a LOT of pilots who will invest in a plane that at its concept is for contest use and not as pretty as the current runs. I sold mine because there is a diferent flying style required for this bird Vs my Xplorers and I did not want to be divided and was well invested in Xplorers which are working better for me as a contest oriented pilot. The tragi series is great I just think the MFR is missing the boat.
HI Dave

no notice of a different flying style ( at the flat field ) just reminded me on a story I heard a few years ago that JW won a TD competion with a GL against Moldies.
But of course the Model makes all the difference.

Cheers
Thomas
wakumann is offline Find More Posts by wakumann
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 05, 2012, 07:29 PM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
Joined Jul 2007
3,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakumann View Post
HI Dave

no notice of a different flying style ( at the flat field ) just reminded me on a story I heard a few years ago that JW won a TD competion with a GL against Moldies.
But of course the Model makes all the difference.

Cheers
Thomas
JW could win a contest with a plastic bag - a single servo and an RX...in rain. He has a crome plated, digital Tlar...so its easy for him.

In terms of different flying styles what I meant was I found myself pulling tight circles in small bubbles which I could do with my X's but seemed to be somewhat defeated by with the 801 - I see Mark Vance and Brian fly those same chunks of lift and manage to gain where I could not. So I experimented a bit and found my successful approach in those scenarios was different than wiht the XPlorers.

I did not want to be divided in scenarios where I find a bubble at 10 feet and have to core that for the round 1000. Its a very fine line I am talking about here and im sure Brian - Vance or anyone here could turn it 180 and say they dumped thier X in favor of the tragi because that plane rocked for them.
webbsolution is offline Find More Posts by webbsolution
Old Jul 06, 2012, 08:12 AM
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Sep 2002
1,129 Posts
Guys,

If anyone is interested, my brother has a RTF Tragi 801 with all high-end digital servos he is wanting to sell. The plane is 9.5 out of 10. He is out of town through the weekend but I can get pictures of the plane when he returns. The plane is Red/White and natural carbon. He is asking $1700.00 shipped in the CONUSA. PM or email me directly at pmccleave@cox.net me if you have any interest.

See Ya,

Pat McCleave
Wichita, KS
pmccleave is offline Find More Posts by pmccleave
Old Jul 06, 2012, 01:53 PM
Joined Mar 2005
184 Posts
New style e-fuse for 801,

Thanks Heino and Tom @ F3X for the cool toys.
Ronald Mong is offline Find More Posts by Ronald Mong
Old Jul 06, 2012, 04:09 PM
Seattle
Joined Aug 2005
372 Posts
I bought my 801 first because of the name, "Cluster" (everything out there-Perfect, Supra, Espada, Explorer, Aspire, etc were incredibly lame names and assumed greatness when the reality is these are just toy airplanes, not the next Penicilin or Lunar Rover-somehow Cluster just sort of sums up all that we are). And second because Mark Vance has one and he's really cool.

What came later was the realization that this is one really strong airframe that my boys can drop a hammer on (which they have done) with no damage and that I can do 100+ landings in a day without fazing it, and that when you turn it, it goes up.

Simple to me.

BK
belouder is offline Find More Posts by belouder
Old Jul 06, 2012, 05:45 PM
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Sep 2002
1,129 Posts
Guys,

My Brother's Tragi has been sold. Thanks, Jeff.

See Ya,

Pat
pmccleave is offline Find More Posts by pmccleave
Old Jul 06, 2012, 10:01 PM
Joined Nov 2005
3,589 Posts
Kind of wondered if it was still available, some guy was asking questions, LOL!

Marc
R.M. Gellart is offline Find More Posts by R.M. Gellart
Old Jul 07, 2012, 07:47 AM
Joined Mar 2006
45 Posts
A couple off seasons ago (uk f3j league) I noticed one guy who had improved his flying
Going from an also ran to a competent pilot .He had been flying a cluster along with a few off his team mates.
I thought I,d purchase one just to give it a try ,if I didn,t like it move it on ASAP.

I collected the model at last years Euro,s in Bovec.
On inspection the finish quality cannot be faulted ,definately comparable with muller and better than any other I own or have owned .

So far I have been really impressed by how well the model performs ,particularly in UK
Conditions often overcast and windy .It really is a very easy model to set up and fly .It reminds me off a Mako I owned years back(but with improved performance)

So far I have also improved my competition placings ,which I hope will improve further with more comp stick time .

Forget looks ,yes it might look a little dated ,think performance and will this model suit your
Flying style.
Ps I have 2 now
wixy3 is offline Find More Posts by wixy3
Old Jul 08, 2012, 08:31 PM
Joined Nov 2005
3,589 Posts
Well, flew it for shakedown today in Toledo, OH (kind of MI, but who says they ever go there). Seemed really nice, very similar to my sailplane version and made 200M in about 20s on the A20/4.4 GB motor and 1800mah 65C pack. weight is about 72oz.

Marc
R.M. Gellart is offline Find More Posts by R.M. Gellart