HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 28, 2010, 12:39 AM
Joined Oct 2003
1,704 Posts
Marc,
I have been flying the HV since November they are sweet and have given me No cause for concern...I am a little worried about Bills choice of photo material.. Flew all day at Riva with the usual suspects and guest Rheinhard Valant.
Ended the day at our favorite fish restaurant on the Bosphorus..pretty much spent the whole evening discussing auxillary receivers. It was so much fun I think I will do it again today...LJ
Larry Jolly is online now Find More Posts by Larry Jolly
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2010, 12:55 AM
Sink Stinks
Orange County, CA
Joined Aug 2004
3,704 Posts
I ate at Claim Jumper!!! Yum. American Franchise Food at its best!!!

Tomorrow I plan to go to Downey and then stop at In-N-Out on the way home.

Fish restaurant in Bosphorus? Hah!!!!

Oh, and guess what I am cooking for dinner tomorrow night??

That's right.......TURKEY!!

I'll be here all week, tell your friends.......

Almost done with the AVA Pro. Boy, there is a lot of empty space in there seeing as I only need the one receiver and all........

BTW - what time is it in Turkey right now?? Is it yesterday or tomorrow???
Silent-AV8R is online now Find More Posts by Silent-AV8R
Old Mar 28, 2010, 03:35 AM
Joined Oct 2003
1,704 Posts
Billy,
You just can't stop.....It is your time +9 in Istanbul. I hope the AVA is not to much for you what with your bad eyes and all...... I actually thought of you when I saw you posting on the Cluster Thread..Thommy had a real nice Orange one for sale at Karlsruhe.. would have brought it home for you if you were nice...As for food you can't beat the cuisine in Turkey. I think I will bring Raki for the Fall Fest and let you have a taste of Turkey.
These photos are from our boring Team meeting after practice last week in Saray. Now really do you want to go back and check the girls out at Lowes????
Old Mar 28, 2010, 07:36 AM
Joined Nov 2005
3,503 Posts
OK, the hotties that are requesting DP/Pheasants contact info were not in red boots!!!

LOL
R.M. Gellart is online now Find More Posts by R.M. Gellart
Old Mar 28, 2010, 10:40 AM
LSF V aspirant
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Oct 2006
2,338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Jolly View Post
These photos are from our boring Team meeting after practice last week in Saray.
Holy shiznit... I need to fly more J.

Tom
tewatson is offline Find More Posts by tewatson
Old Mar 28, 2010, 10:43 AM
Sink Stinks
Orange County, CA
Joined Aug 2004
3,704 Posts
Especially if the lady in the boots is on the team!!
Silent-AV8R is online now Find More Posts by Silent-AV8R
Old Mar 28, 2010, 12:21 PM
in the air
in the air
Joined Aug 2006
117 Posts
They have a CASA Gamino In turkey???? you favorite place to eat? hmmm
yes I have a problem with KK and KarBon, My name is Mark.
Krispy Kreme donuts have crack in them.
stay away Phillip don't go there.
THE EYE is offline Find More Posts by THE EYE
Old Mar 28, 2010, 07:05 PM
Seattle
Joined Aug 2005
357 Posts
Tragi Flight Report: First SASS contest of the season yesterday-Dual Format.

Day started well at Pete's Grill in Carnation with biscusts and gravy (no Turkish karaoke band-but that night The Shotgun Sheriffs Country Rock Band were going to make an appearance). After a quick stop to the 7-11 for Mallox, it was out to the field to setup. Driving in to the place always makes me feel like I should be in a horse drawn carraige with Scarlet O'Hare sitting next to me in her hoop skirt. Stood around for a bit trying to figure out what the two formats were going to be. Eventually clarity came-The Rust Buster would be a casual TD event-one winch, one window from 10 am 'till 3 pm. Get in as many rounds as you can, take the 6 highest. The other format was "Sudden Death" (which should be renamed The Crying Game). SASS has these three kidos that are "training" for the F3J Worlds and Dad thought this would be a good woodsheddin' event for them. Three zip starts (not exactly matched!!)-F3J style audible clock (with Bonnie Rait in the background), 5 mintue then 3 minute tasks and landing tapes. First down gets a 1, second gets a 2, last down gets a 3-within ten seconds of window closing it a landing contest. Sounded fun-sounded like good carnage. I signed up. Ended up having 8 pilots in the Sudden Death contest. We got off 15 rounds in 3+ hours. Some pretty cool low-level air reading by folks and seriouly screwed up landings more often than not.

First went to Brenden flying a Supra Duper, 2nd to Mr, Smoothie Vance with both of his Tragis (right before each round he would close his eyes and do the "enee menee minee moe" and pick up one of the two planes and then scramble to bind the right program during the 30 second count down-it was cool to watch) and a two-way tie for 3rd between myself and Mikey "Chainsaw" Knight using the same aircraft-my "heavy" Tragi (67.5 oz). Mikey had never flow the plane before and I kept hearing him calling Dad between rounds saying "Dad-I need one of these!!".

My impression-the thing is a landing and low-level dream!!! Close to the ground (where much of the day was spent, especially after the cross and downwind zip start launches!!), it is VERY responsive and nimble. With each round I would get bolder-getting one more turn in before lining up for landing approach. And then the landing just kept getting easier and easier as I got the feel on how much this puppy slows down and still has lots of control. Ended up able to continue to do turns to eat up time 100 feet from landing tape and then just open up the last turn, point down at the pin, drop flaps 30% and let her slowly drive right to the ground. Really really impressed with that-lots of yaw control and very flat glide even with gusty cross winds.

Folks were impressed-they'd pick it up and be surprised how light it is. It's a keeper for sure. Still need to do some trimming for reflex settings-I found I would spend too much time trying to milk some lame air and not getting away to better stuff as swiching to reflex did some crazy things. Other than that settings seem to be spot on as per factory instructions. Turns are very nice-I'm still somewhat new to these modern moldies and have a hard time slowing them down for wide circles-I'm from the Old School of Yank and Bank. This one does it the best of what I've had to this point. Mark V has one of the first ones with the "older" joiners and I'd like to try those to see what the difference is. Mine has more diehedral. Just curious.

Tom-I think I'll be getting a second one.

BK
belouder is offline Find More Posts by belouder
Last edited by belouder; Mar 28, 2010 at 07:08 PM. Reason: typos
Old Mar 28, 2010, 07:43 PM
You looking at me?
USA, KY, Burlington
Joined Sep 2001
1,448 Posts
Quote:
Billy,
You just can't stop.....It is your time +9 in Istanbul. I hope the AVA is not to much for you what with your bad eyes and all...... I actually thought of you when I saw you posting on the Cluster Thread..Thommy had a real nice Orange one for sale at Karlsruhe.. would have brought it home for you if you were nice...As for food you can't beat the cuisine in Turkey. I think I will bring Raki for the Fall Fest and let you have a taste of Turkey.
These photos are from our boring Team meeting after practice last week in Saray. Now really do you want to go back and check the girls out at Lowes????
My question is, what does that tattoo on her arm say?

Ed
Ed Franz is online now Find More Posts by Ed Franz
Old Mar 29, 2010, 05:35 AM
Joined Oct 2003
1,704 Posts
ED, I hadn't looked that close so I went back and studied all the photos to discover that it appears to be a Floral pattern. But check it out for yourself.
Always aiming to help out There are plenty of stunning Turkish women in Istanbul. But I have one at home waiting for me so
Turkish women so beautiful to the eye, and exciting to Hold
But when CJ finds out all of your cool stuff gets Sold!!!!!
Old Mar 29, 2010, 06:59 AM
You looking at me?
USA, KY, Burlington
Joined Sep 2001
1,448 Posts
Quote:
ED, I hadn't looked that close so I went back and studied all the photos to discover that it appears to be a Floral pattern. But check it out for yourself.
Always aiming to help out There are plenty of stunning Turkish women in Istanbul. But I have one at home waiting for me so
Turkish women so beautiful to the eye, and exciting to Hold
But when CJ finds out all of your cool stuff gets Sold!!!!!
Studying all the photos of her... tough job but someone had to do it. You globe hopping F3J pilots sure have it good.

Ed
Ed Franz is online now Find More Posts by Ed Franz
Old Mar 31, 2010, 04:11 PM
Joined Nov 2005
3,503 Posts
I have got to admit that Friday or Saturday is looking pretty nice and I am kind of got the ansies to fly this thing, may have to give it a go...

Marc
Old Apr 03, 2010, 04:16 PM
Joined Nov 2005
3,503 Posts
Well, both Friday and today were pretty crappy, so kept working on other things like a stand for it for next weekend etc. It will get a nice coat of wax this evening and the ship will be ready, a coupleother things to do and all I have to do is haul it up there and set it up.

Marc
Old Apr 10, 2010, 03:23 PM
Joined Nov 2005
3,503 Posts
Toledo show going on, lots of sailplanes for the show, maybe 10 which is up. Lots of questions from guys about the ship, had a great time Friday there. Will be back Sunday and then hopefully weather is good next weekend and the maiden will occur.

Marc
Old Apr 11, 2010, 06:50 PM
Joined Nov 2005
3,503 Posts
Well, the Toledo display is over and we got third place in the show among the Sport Sailplane class. The cool part is that I think it is the first time that a moldie ever got a prize in the show, I am sure that some balsa tree growers will not be pleased, but oh well.

Here are a couple pics and a copy of the information sheet that I had with the ship.

First flight next weekend if all goes right on weather.

Marc