SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by wemattson, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 07, 2010, 12:08 PM
Massachusetts
Joined Dec 2006
100 Posts
Discussion
Fun with Helicopters

I figured it was time to start a new chapter in my RC story. After a lot of research into RC helicopters, I decided to start with the E-Flite MCX. This little chopper is extremely easy to fly around the house and tease my black lab by hovering over him while he is trying to sleep (please don't report me to the MSCPA). The added benefit to this helicopter is that it's very durable and does not damage furniture or walls, which inevitably happens.

This past fall I decided to step it up a notch and purchase the Blade 400. This was probably not the best choice for a second helicopter but I couldn't resist. The owner at my LHS said that if I was patient and disciplined in learning the basic skills, I could successfully fly this bird. He was right; to date I have only had two crashes, which weren't that bad (broken grips, bent main shaft, bent spindle, stripped servo gears). One of the thigs I like about this copter is the availability of parts and the ease of repair.

I'm looking forward to some nicer weather so that I can get out more often to improve my skills.
wemattson is offline Find More Posts by wemattson
to remove ads between posts