HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2010, 10:04 AM
United States, MI, Monroe
Joined Jun 2009
2,088 Posts
Discussion
Toledo Weak Signals Show

Just a quick question, I have been into RC Flight now for one full year and love it. My Son is just starting to get into the hobby as well. The Toledo show is pretty close to me and I plan to attend. I am curious though, do any of the vendors fly to exibit their products? Never been there and don't know what to expect.
Tony K is offline Find More Posts by Tony K
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2010, 09:09 AM
Hovering my 85" Katana
Austin, Texas
Joined Mar 2006
932 Posts
Yes, many vendors fly in and ship product in to display and sell. If you have not been to Weak Signal Show before, you will be impressed. Every major vendor in the industry is typically represented.

It is a great opportunity to see what is the newest and greatest as you get ready for your spring and summer flying. They also hold a large swap meet with event on the upper level. Great place to get deals in the swap area in addition to the vendor exhibits.

If you would like to see some great pilots in action, make sure to check out the ETOC (Electric Tournament of Champions). At the same facility as the ETOC, there will be indoor space for the public to fly also.

As you can tell, I highly recommend the event. I will be there.

Robert
Robert Youens is offline Find More Posts by Robert Youens
Old Feb 09, 2010, 04:10 AM
Joined Jun 2009
2,088 Posts
Thanks Robert, I am planning on attending.
Old Mar 05, 2010, 05:21 AM
Daily_Double
Ohio
Joined Nov 2009
2 Posts
Is it really true about the good deals ?? I have never been to the show either, but have been bitten by the Heli bug and am chomping at the bit to buy a Blade Sr & or a 400. If my patience allows, should I wait until the show you think ??
Daily_Double is offline Find More Posts by Daily_Double
Old Mar 12, 2010, 08:56 AM
Joined Jun 2009
2,088 Posts
Stumbled onto a small exhibit at one of the local mall's, was a local club in the center of the mall putting on a display to promote the hobby. Got to see a few larger planes and talk to a few decent people. Looking forward to the Toledo show, hoping to have some fun, see you's there!
Old Mar 12, 2010, 09:31 AM
Central Lake, Michigan
Joined Dec 2002
1,414 Posts
Stay away from the Seagate Hotel. It's a rundown roach home. The last Time my friends and I stayed there only one of the three elevators worked and there were complaints of no phones , hot water and just plain shoddy rooms. The owners were obviously milking it for whatever they could get out of it without maintenance. Never go back there again. On top of that we stayed on the 11th floor and some dude on a Harley was ridding around the block all night. From the noise coming from the bike it was obvious he had replaced the stock exhaust with drag pipes. The noise was very loud coming up from the street. I hope the cops eventually caught this lowlife.
jollyroger is offline Find More Posts by jollyroger
Old Mar 13, 2010, 12:06 AM
Joined Jun 2009
2,088 Posts
I run Vance & Hines open pipes on mine, but I swear it wasn't me! (LOL). Love the sound and figure the Dumb A cage drivers can say they didn't see me but the sure as sh*t heard me! Don't let a few fools leave a bad impression with you about the rest of us, I know plenty of bikers that are outstanding citizens and down right good folks.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 09:15 AM
Central Lake, Michigan
Joined Dec 2002
1,414 Posts
Tony, I didn't mean to lump all bike riders to the person I was describing. Hell, I'd like to own a Harley myself, just don't have the bucks. That "individual" seemed to be up most of the night riding around the block...or so it seemed . Obviously he had no idea there were people trying to get some shut-eye before the next day's carnival.
Oh well, I hope to get there yet this year. I've been to the show about 12-13 times. I like to get away from this town for a few days and have some fun after the winter weather.
cheers
Old Mar 13, 2010, 09:30 AM
Joined Jun 2009
2,088 Posts
No prob, there are some d heads in all walks of life. I am planning to be there as a first for me. Hope to even meet a few of the folks that are on this forum there! I only live about 20 minutes away so I'll not need a hotel. Thanks for the tip on the Seagate though. If any one is looking for a room and having a hard time, there are several hotels in Monroe MI, which is a smaller city and is only around 20 minutes away from the Seagate north on I-75.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 07:32 PM
Joined Jul 2007
56 Posts
When is it?

I'm in Lapeer Mi and definately want to check it out.

Hmmmmmmmm.... do they have a beer booth there???

Muskie
Muskellunge is offline Find More Posts by Muskellunge
Old Mar 15, 2010, 09:50 PM
Palm City, FL
Joined Dec 2000
628 Posts
Biggest. Hobby. Shop. You'll. See.

(Grew up in Columbus and still go back for it. Been going for 40 of their 50 years....)
TimOBrien is offline Find More Posts by TimOBrien
Old Mar 16, 2010, 03:38 AM
Joined Jun 2009
2,088 Posts
R/C Model Show
"The Toledo Show"
At the SeaGate Centre
401 Jefferson Avenue Toledo, Ohio 43604
April 9th, 10th, & 11th, 2010
Show hours: Fri/Sat 9am to 5pm - Sun 9am to 2pm
Handicap parking available - Tickets readily available at the door!
Admission is only $8.00 per person per day
Kids 12 and under are FREE!
Active duty U.S. Military are free, ID card required, no ticket necessary
Old Mar 16, 2010, 12:34 PM
Central Lake, Michigan
Joined Dec 2002
1,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskellunge View Post
I'm in Lapeer Mi and definately want to check it out.

Hmmmmmmmm.... do they have a beer booth there???

Muskie
Muskie, sorry, no beer booth but they have frozen ice cream nutty bars.... Gotta have one while strolling the aisles. If you want a beer, there is a decent restaurant down the hall. We always have lunch there and I usually have a nice cold one.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 10:00 PM
"Put it in the air"
United States, KY, Florence
Joined Feb 2010
202 Posts
I for sure will be going. I'm excited to see some of the planes first hand. Internet browsing is cool, but its not as good being able to see the real thing. And hopefully I can avoid too much impulse buying right after. LOL...And I'm coming from Monroe, MI. I bet I can get there in 15 - 20minutes....nah actually, I'll just take the jet.
Scarlett is offline Find More Posts by Scarlett
Old Mar 17, 2010, 11:17 PM
Central Lake, Michigan
Joined Dec 2002
1,414 Posts
I've got a brother who lives in Trenton but I think he and his wife are still in Texas. I stay at their house once in a while for the Toledo Show and he and I spend the day at the show.