HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:57 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeoff2 View Post
Ok gentlemen, I followed your advice, I reread the manual and is a day without wind and I flew.
After mechanical adjustment for perfect horizontal flight, look what position reached the swash:
Pretty big deviation about 7/8 degrees.What do you think?
Did you change the Hiller decay to 200% , make the adjustments to get the heli to hover hands off and then set the Hiller decay back to the standard setting? If so, does the heli now hover without any drift after doing this?

If yes, then I would say that is just what your heli needs, but the question is why your heli needs such a swash tilt to operate properly. Mine isn't tilted that much at all, but I would also assume it has to do with how level your unit is mounted within the airframe.

Have you used the re level gyro function recently? If so, maybe the unit was re set and wasn't level????

Lets see what some of the experts have to say
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:42 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,242 Posts
If the swash needs to be tilted much, the helis COG is way off. It should hover level with a fairly level swash. Considering the normal RH skid dip problem, there by necessity has to be some offset swash tilt. I solved it by running a raised tail that set the tail rotor center at exact head rotational center. So mine hovers without any Rh skid dip and the swash is level.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:33 AM
Aviation Technician
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
what's your head speed ?
GetToDaChopper is offline Find More Posts by GetToDaChopper
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:19 AM
Romania
Joined Jan 2009
238 Posts
Xrayted- did all these except re level gyro I do not think is necessary.Everything happens for SL enabled.

GetToDataChopper-max head speed is somewhere around 2800,I'm thinking about it, but if I decrease the head speed, tail flap.

Luvmyhelis-I think you are closer to reality as a solution(which I would like) a raised tail,but I did not find.
takeoff2 is online now Find More Posts by takeoff2
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:01 PM
Aviation Technician
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
Is there anybody out there ? just nod if you can hear me, is there anybody home ?
Old Oct 17, 2012, 07:02 PM
Woodstock, VT
Joined Jan 2007
630 Posts
Anyone running a heli installation with a YGE 60 amp speed controller using the 720's governor? In my Protos 500 I haven't found the right settings yet. Asking the YGE controller to be dumb isn't easy. Gov off, freewheel on, startup speed airplane middle. If I use any of the heli startup settings the rotor rpm varies quite a bit in flight depending on the maneuver. I've read about this in YGE's forums, but don't seem to find a good solution.
Sctholson is offline Find More Posts by Sctholson
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:05 PM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetToDaChopper View Post
Is there anybody out there ? just nod if you can hear me, is there anybody home ?
Yep. Just bought an Align Trekker. Awesome. Plan to go FPV with it.

Rick
Rickn816 is offline Find More Posts by Rickn816
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:35 PM
Aviation Technician
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
isn't that an 800 ?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:22 AM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,996 Posts
Yep. I'm thinking it may be a stretched 700, but not sure about that. Many of the parts are 700 parts.

Rick
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:59 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickn816 View Post
Yep. I'm thinking it may be a stretched 700, but not sure about that. Many of the parts are 700 parts.

Rick
Pretty sure it's very close to it. The other weekend I saw someone who had a stretched 700 and a trekker and they were very similar.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:15 PM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,996 Posts
Regardless, I got an excellent price from Rons Heliproz South. Excellent price. My LHS can't get near the price.

Spent two hours on it last night, and the frame is done. Ready to mount servos and start the wiring nightmare .

Bought an AR7200BX to use until Art starts selling the new, black SK 720.

I plan to run this at low headspeed.

Rick
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:01 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickn816 View Post
Regardless, I got an excellent price from Rons Heliproz South. Excellent price. My LHS can't get near the price.

Spent two hours on it last night, and the frame is done. Ready to mount servos and start the wiring nightmare .

Bought an AR7200BX to use until Art starts selling the new, black SK 720.

I plan to run this at low headspeed.

Rick
As much as I want to support the LHS when it comes to the bigger purchases money is money and I gotta save what I can. They still get quite a bit of support from me buying parts there though because nothing is worse then paying shipping on a $5 part. But from what I've been told by a few people the money to be made is in the parts not the kits anyways.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:31 AM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,242 Posts
Nice move Rick! Love to see this when you get it going. I just spent a couple days working on my own 600 project. Like you I am waiting for the black to hit.

Mine started out as an old flybarred Esp. I gutted it, cut my own Cf and dual fiberglass panels withCF reinforcement sheets to support the 3 bearing main. And installed a horde of Bob's brilliant parts from RcTek. Mine is being stretched to run Edge 815s. Belt driven motor to main, Compass 6HV head, Custom wound scorp, And again, not a stock part left on the entire heli. Lol. Stock sucks! Hope to get this up soon. I sat up till 3am two nights ago finally getting started on the project.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Oct 20, 2012, 08:11 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,617 Posts
Gps?

Any news on the GPS. I thought it was going to be available late October. I have seen comments from beta testers and they think itís ready to go.

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Oct 20, 2012, 09:23 AM
Romania
Joined Jan 2009
238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
Any news on the GPS. I thought it was going to be available late October. I have seen comments from beta testers and they think itís ready to go.

Where,where,we want to see!
takeoff2 is online now Find More Posts by takeoff2