John R.:

Century/FunKey 600 size.

Don
Keyrigger is offline Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:15 AM
Aviation Technician
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
Ver 3.15 is on there website now of anyone who want to get rid of the logging, reboot probs.........
GetToDaChopper is offline Find More Posts by GetToDaChopper
Old Aug 28, 2012, 02:50 PM
Joined Oct 2000
197 Posts
Is there a chart to interpret the data viewer vibes in Hz to what part of the Heli that would be? In other words, How to look up the Hertz in Data viewer and figure out what part of the heli the vibes come from? The Tail, motor, head ETC.

I read this but it was beyond my PhD (post hole digger) level of intelligence
http://www.skookumrobotics.com/wiki/...ta_Viewer_Help
Kenneth is offline Find More Posts by Kenneth
Old Aug 28, 2012, 04:53 PM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Is there a chart to interpret the data viewer vibes in Hz to what part of the Heli that would be? In other words, How to look up the Hertz in Data viewer and figure out what part of the heli the vibes come from? The Tail, motor, head ETC.

I read this but it was beyond my PhD (post hole digger) level of intelligence
http://www.skookumrobotics.com/wiki/...ta_Viewer_Help
It depends on your heli. You will generally see two vibration spikes - the main gear/rotors, and the tail. The tail is usually about 4X the frequency of the mainshaft. So, if you are running 2,500 rpm headspeed, expect about 10,000 rpm on the tail. Post a plot so we can look at it.

Rick
Rickn816 is offline Find More Posts by Rickn816
Old Aug 28, 2012, 04:54 PM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetToDaChopper View Post
Ver 3.15 is on there website now of anyone who want to get rid of the logging, reboot probs.........
Got it Monday night. We have a hurricane to the west, so flying doesn't look good for a while.

Rick
Old Aug 28, 2012, 05:51 PM
Woodstock, VT
Joined Jan 2007
520 Posts
Tracking in a loop

I have a 720 in a Protos 500 and I can't seem to get the heli to track well in a loop. I've been working at this for about 20 flights and I'm assuming it's my fingers that are commanding the heli to do what it's doing. One of the tests I've tried is to forward flight directly away from me. This helps me know or as best I can to know that the heli is level and that the tail is straight. Then I pull back on the right stick to loop, adjust the collective accordingly and upon coming down to straight and level, the heli is roughly 5 feet to the right of where it started.
I'm posting this question just in case this is a setting and not my fingers, but I still suspect my fingers.
This is a great flying machine and I have roughly 100 flights on it. Vibes are below 2, tracking is right on and all else seems to be pretty good.
Can anyone share any insights?
Sctholson is offline Find More Posts by Sctholson
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:23 PM
Joined Oct 2000
197 Posts
Re: Data vibe viewer. I was asking for folks who want to fiddle out in the field make adjustments there and not have to come home then post up on a forum everytime to get each answer. Thanks.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:22 PM
Joined Dec 2007
6,525 Posts
Quote:
Re: Data vibe viewer. I was asking for folks who want to fiddle out in the field make adjustments there and not have to come home then post up on a forum everytime to get each answer. Thanks.
Rick answered your question already. There is no hard and fast "this peak is always this part vibrating" if that is what you are wanting without seeing it. It's a learned process based on experience of what your individual helis vibration signature looks like.

I included a snapshot from another user with some basics on it, but once again there are variances with each heli. For example, I have a peak up around 400 or so which I know is caused by my motor.

If you would post the vibe file like Rick asked so people could help you, you might learn something and then be able to do it on your own like you want
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Last edited by Xrayted; Aug 28, 2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 09:11 AM
Joined Oct 2000
197 Posts
Already posted a number of times for georgi like everyone else. Wondered if there was a useful guide out there that I was not aware of thanks.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:13 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,240 Posts
Quote:
Already posted a number of times for georgi like everyone else. Wondered if there was a useful guide out there that I was not aware of thanks.
Nope just useful people.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:34 AM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,151 Posts
Quote:
About a year ago now I had several people including some experienced programmers who volunteered to begin building a data base and program for just such a thing. But it kinda petered out and went nowhere when they began to realize what a vast undertaking this represented. A whole new section needed to be created just for the database. We were going to list every stock and stock based modded heli that had ever been posted up with each verified vibe and the correct diagnosis. Including body and motor related harmonics. So for each catagory a comprehensive data base had to be assembled. Sadly our lead programmer decided to suddenly get quiet. And we had to have a new program written for the user to navigate through the database to find a picture off his vibe log and what it meant. I am actually quite sorry this didn't take off. As it would have really helped. Now, those guys involved most certainly appreciate the effort it takes for guys to actually read the logs and help out. I know for certain each log sent to georgi takes him half an hour to break down correctly. And there are what? Dozens a week that needed help at times. One guy pmd him over 40 times alone. Just over one vibe. So, my thanks to guys like him and Rick that take their own personal time to do things like this and try and help out. Going back just on this thread at RcGroups there are roughly 30 logs. But as Rick explained, each vibe is symptomatic of only one brand of heli and size. I gave up my own count when it went up over 50 varieties, and that didn't include any mods.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Last edited by Luvmyhelis; Aug 29, 2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 07:37 AM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,984 Posts
Maybe we can write a "Primer", with some generic examples and some hints as to how to resolve the problems. Think "Fat FAQ." Helicopters are complex machines, and I've learned that many times the problem solving is trial and error. Maybe this document could reduce the numbers of trials and errors. After you have solved some vibration problems, it becomes more apparent that it really is not that difficult. If the vibrations are 4 - 5 x the head speed, you have a tail problem. What do you think?

Rick
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:15 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickn816 View Post
Maybe we can write a "Primer", with some generic examples and some hints as to how to resolve the problems. Think "Fat FAQ." Helicopters are complex machines, and I've learned that many times the problem solving is trial and error. Maybe this document could reduce the numbers of trials and errors. After you have solved some vibration problems, it becomes more apparent that it really is not that difficult. If the vibrations are 4 - 5 x the head speed, you have a tail problem. What do you think?

Rick
I think that's a great idea. Everything is some factor of something else. A guide which basically outlines, if you know your rough head speed (or some other speed) this is how you figure out what the rpm of other items is. Find the one that's closest, and then maybe some general tips of common problems in that area.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:04 AM
Joined Dec 2007
6,525 Posts
I thinks its a good idea as well. I map out my own helis vibe signature during setup by running up the heli with pinion disengaged from the main gear, then engaged with no blades, then tail blades and then mains.

This allows me to see exactly what object is related to each peak on the scale. It takes a little time, but works really well for me and I know exactly what each vibe peak is connected to.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted