HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:21 PM
Your customer
Silverexpress's Avatar
Berkley, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickn816 View Post
Maybe, but remember, we're not interested in an exact location (even a "panic floor" can be less precise), but motion relative to the satellites.

Rick
If my $1K heli is headed towards the ground, I want exact. I definitely don't want "close enough" if I've got it programmed to stop 15 ft above before it hits.
Silverexpress is offline Find More Posts by Silverexpress
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:27 PM
Aviation Technician
GetToDaChopper's Avatar
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
Quote:
They must've included another sensor along side the GPS rx module
Why yes in fact they have ! and more than just one, in fact there is at least two more sensors included besides the GPS rx.......

"close enough" is fine by me as long as that means close enough to the ground without crashing !!!
GetToDaChopper is offline Find More Posts by GetToDaChopper
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:29 PM
Your customer
Silverexpress's Avatar
Berkley, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverexpress View Post
They must've included another sensor along side the GPS rx module. I don't think that GPS has the resolution or reliability for altitude hold - especially for use in a panic recovery situation.

The software fusion between these sensors and the existing ones (gyro, accel) is probably what's driving the cost up.

Checkout at the potential features we can look forward too:

http://www.dji-innovations.com/produ...eone/features/
Here's their hobby grade unit for $399:

http://www.dji-innovations.com/produ...otor/overview/

Interesting thing is they recently added the "m" in the name... Naza-m. If they come out with a Naza-H it will give Skookum a run for the money.
Silverexpress is offline Find More Posts by Silverexpress
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:33 PM
Aviation Technician
GetToDaChopper's Avatar
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
Quote:
Checkout at the potential features we can look forward too:
whos potential features ? skookums or djis ???
GetToDaChopper is offline Find More Posts by GetToDaChopper
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:35 PM
Your customer
Silverexpress's Avatar
Berkley, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetToDaChopper View Post
Why yes in fact they have ! and more than just one, in fact there is at least two more sensors included besides the GPS rx.......

"close enough" is fine by me as long as that means close enough to the ground without crashing !!!
You know it dude
Silverexpress is offline Find More Posts by Silverexpress
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:35 PM
Aviation Technician
GetToDaChopper's Avatar
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverexpress View Post
Here's their hobby grade unit for $399:

http://www.dji-innovations.com/produ...otor/overview/

Interesting thing is they recently added the "m" in the name... Naza-m. If they come out with a Naza-H it will give Skookum a run for the money.
unfortunately dji do not have anything for heli's like the Naza, who knows what the future might bring though......
GetToDaChopper is offline Find More Posts by GetToDaChopper
Last edited by GetToDaChopper; Jul 18, 2012 at 11:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:36 PM
Your customer
Silverexpress's Avatar
Berkley, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetToDaChopper View Post
whos potential features ? skookums or djis ???
Skookum's. DJI has them already.
Silverexpress is offline Find More Posts by Silverexpress
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:40 PM
Aviation Technician
GetToDaChopper's Avatar
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
the "m" stands for "Multi-rotor" which is not for helis and for $399.00 that doesn't include the GPS package of sensors so it's really more like the skookum SK540 which sells for around $250.00 and is for helis, the GPS package of sensors for the NAZA was to be out by june 2012 but i don't know if they made that date.......

i can tell you this much, if they (dji) come out with a "Naza-H" it definitely won't be selling for $399.00 nor will it include the GPS package of sensors........

Quote:
Skookum's. DJI has them already
DJI has them already for "Multi-rotor" or there much more costly heli system, there "hobby system" for helis is the Wookong-H and with the GPS package of sensors sells for $1250.00 (that's if you get a good deal ) and is a much larger system to fit into a heli, align's GPS system which is the "align APS" includes a 3GX and there GPS package (the APS) together would sell for just slightly less than dji's Wookong-H (the Wooknog-H lite comes without there GPS package) and from the sounds of it skookum's GPS system (a skookum SK720 and there GPS package) will cost less than both of the systems align and dji have to offer, for heli's anyways......
GetToDaChopper is offline Find More Posts by GetToDaChopper
Last edited by GetToDaChopper; Jul 18, 2012 at 11:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 01:13 AM
Your customer
Silverexpress's Avatar
Berkley, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetToDaChopper View Post
the "m" stands for "Multi-rotor" which is not for helis and for $399.00 that doesn't include the GPS package of sensors so it's really more like the skookum SK540 which sells for around $250.00 and is for helis, the GPS package of sensors for the NAZA was to be out by june 2012 but i don't know if they made that date.......

i can tell you this much, if they (dji) come out with a "Naza-H" it definitely won't be selling for $399.00 nor will it include the GPS package of sensors........



DJI has them already for "Multi-rotor" or there much more costly heli system, there "hobby system" for helis is the Wookong-H and with the GPS package of sensors sells for $1250.00 (that's if you get a good deal ) and is a much larger system to fit into a heli, align's GPS system which is the "align APS" includes a 3GX and there GPS package (the APS) together would sell for just slightly less than dji's Wookong-H (the Wooknog-H lite comes without there GPS package) and from the sounds of it skookum's GPS system (a skookum SK720 and there GPS package) will cost less than both of the systems align and dji have to offer, for heli's anyways......
It's $399 = Naza-m is $230 + GPS module $169 USD. Where've you been, huh. Lol.

A stupid thing you shouldn't do with any GPS equipped stabilizing unit:

Is Naza Worth the Money (7 min 33 sec)
Silverexpress is offline Find More Posts by Silverexpress
Last edited by Silverexpress; Jul 19, 2012 at 01:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 02:49 AM
Aviation Technician
GetToDaChopper's Avatar
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
i've been where the helis are, not were the "Multi-rotors" are which the naza-m is as well because it's not for heli's but that's great it's so cheap i just wish it was for heli's........

EDIT

oh now i see why it's so cheap ! it's a VERY limited system, definitely not for 3D helis or for any helis for that matter.....

Max Yaw Angular Velocity 190 / s

Max Tilt Angle 45 / degrees

Ascent / Descent ±6m/s
GetToDaChopper is offline Find More Posts by GetToDaChopper
Last edited by GetToDaChopper; Jul 19, 2012 at 03:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 06:28 AM
RCHN #150
Rickn816's Avatar
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetToDaChopper View Post
Why yes in fact they have ! and more than just one, in fact there is at least two more sensors included besides the GPS rx.......

"close enough" is fine by me as long as that means close enough to the ground without crashing !!!
Yep. Exactly.
Rickn816 is offline Find More Posts by Rickn816
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 06:32 AM
RCHN #150
Rickn816's Avatar
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetToDaChopper View Post
i've been where the helis are, not were the "Multi-rotors" are which the naza-m is as well because it's not for heli's but that's great it's so cheap i just wish it was for heli's........

EDIT

oh now i see why it's so cheap ! it's a VERY limited system, definitely not for 3D helis or for any helis for that matter.....

Max Yaw Angular Velocity 190 / s

Max Tilt Angle 45 / degrees

Ascent / Descent ±6m/s
And, it cannot withstand the vibrations in helis. I have the NAZA on a quad - it works fine, but I definately would not put it on a hel.

Rick
Rickn816 is offline Find More Posts by Rickn816
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 06:39 AM
RCHN #150
Rickn816's Avatar
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverexpress View Post
It's $399 = Naza-m is $230 + GPS module $169 USD. Where've you been, huh. Lol.

A stupid thing you shouldn't do with any GPS equipped stabilizing unit:
Wow, it works! Actually, that is a feature of the NAZA unit. It will return home if you lose radio contact. I'm excited to try it myself when my GPS unit arrives.

Rick
Rickn816 is offline Find More Posts by Rickn816
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 06:57 AM
Registered User
jamesppp's Avatar
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlee1017 View Post
not yet, but almost. I still have heli jive (swapped out and removed power jive from list) and kontronix pyro motor to order. Outrage HV servos replacement on the way. need more cash rush to my bank account.
For some reason putting 700 size heli's together lightens the bank account severely .
They are expensive but I sure get a big smile on my face when I fly it.

What servos are you using?
jamesppp is offline Find More Posts by jamesppp
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 09:59 AM
Registered User
wlee1017's Avatar
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesppp View Post
For some reason putting 700 size heli's together lightens the bank account severely .
They are expensive but I sure get a big smile on my face when I fly it.

What servos are you using?
I was planning to use MKS BLS990 and BLS950 before but decided to use Outrage BS9180 and 9188. I still can use HV from SK-720 and got deal from friend, brand new 30% off and cost me about $100.00 each.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale CSM SL 720 gyro $150 Shipped Giovanni Day Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Jul 02, 2011 07:18 PM
Discussion Skookum 720 Rickn816 Electric Plane Talk 2 Feb 07, 2010 09:01 AM
Sold NIB Extremeflight Torque 2812/720 RichR Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 2 Jan 15, 2010 09:36 AM
Sold NIB Torque 2812/720 RichR Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 0 Jan 13, 2010 12:00 PM
Sold Torque 2812/720 Brushless motor RichR Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 2 Aug 27, 2009 09:19 PM