Old Apr 10, 2012, 04:27 PM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetToDaChopper View Post
i always like the "no crashs" part.....
Me, too. Turns out my Vibes were over 7.

Bent tail shaft,

Notchy grip bearings.

Everything really dirty.

Maybe I can try again later this week.

Rick
Rickn816 is offline Find More Posts by Rickn816
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2012, 09:40 PM
Aviation Technician
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
Quote:
Bent tail shaft
which heli of yours was that with a TT ? is that your test rig ?
GetToDaChopper is offline Find More Posts by GetToDaChopper
Old Apr 11, 2012, 06:35 AM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,997 Posts
Quote:
which heli of yours was that with a TT ? is that your test rig ?
My custom TRex 500. I built it to test the SK720. Been wrecked really bad three or four times.

This past weekend, my brain stopped working. I could not land the heli - probably a lack of focus as I was working on trimming for a good hover.

Rick
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:43 PM
Aviation Technician
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
Hey guys the new firmware is out v3.10 ! get it while it's hot !!!
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:51 PM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,997 Posts
Quote:
Hey guys the new firmware is out v3.10 ! get it while it's hot !!!
Cool. I'm there. Thanks again.

Rick
Old Apr 12, 2012, 04:17 AM
Aviation Technician
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
I got the new firmware for the 720 today and installed it, went to update field term LCD and the update Fails every time and not only that but now the LCD won't even turn on when it's plugged in now !!! not good......

i know what skookum says about false firmware fails with the LCD and to let it sit for two to three mins but i let it sit for 5 mins and the red light stopped fashing three mins prier, hummmm, oh well.........
Old Apr 12, 2012, 07:53 AM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,997 Posts
Quote:
I got the new firmware for the 720 today and installed it, went to update field term LCD and the update Fails every time and not only that but now the LCD won't even turn on when it's plugged in now !!! not good......

i know what skookum says about false firmware fails with the LCD and to let it sit for two to three mins but i let it sit for 5 mins and the red light stopped fashing three mins prier, hummmm, oh well.........
What did the setup software say? I had a false fail twice last night, but both units upgraded correctly. And my LCD.

Rick
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:03 AM
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,770 Posts
I was using the Field Terminal last night.
I saw the new update was available but it was getting late.
Glad I went to bed instead of installing anything
On HF, there is a note from Art describing the correct install sequence (or something like that)to prevent problems with the LCD .
jamesppp is offline Find More Posts by jamesppp
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:06 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,378 Posts
Well after replacing upgrading to TT and replacing the rest of the tail my vibration problems are gone. Since I just got everything working good think I'll wait a bit on the firmware upgrade.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:58 PM
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,770 Posts
I am going to install the new firmware today if I have time. It looks like there are several nice improvements.

I may not update my Field Terminal until I dig a little deeper into any potential problems that can occur with it. I will install the new ver on a notebook.

I haven't purchased the upgrade file reading setup yet. I read that the license is only good for 1 device. I want to use it on a desktop and notebook. A phone app would really be sweet but I don't think I can do it w/0 jail breaking my phone.:
Old Apr 12, 2012, 01:05 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesppp View Post
I haven't purchased the upgrade file reading setup yet. I read that the license is only good for 1 device. I want to use it on a desktop and notebook. A phone app would really be sweet but I don't think I can do it w/0 jail breaking my phone.:
I have not purchased it yet either and as of right now not sure I have a need. Yes they do state that it's only for one PC. Not sure if they actually have phone home activation that will prevent you from using it on both of your PCs. However would not surprise me if they did since I could definitely see a key getting passed around in a club if they didn't.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Apr 12, 2012, 02:03 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,310 Posts
Yep, best wait on the upgrade to 3.10. Guys are having problems reading their logs. A few glitches left. Odd. my beta version works perfect and has been for months.

And yeah, that is the reason the pro viewer is limited to one computer. Once one multi computer version gets out it would get everywhere for free. I use one laptop. So no biggie.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:13 PM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Yep, best wait on the upgrade to 3.10. Guys are having problems reading their logs. A few glitches left. Odd. my beta version works perfect and has been for months.

And yeah, that is the reason the pro viewer is limited to one computer. Once one multi computer version gets out it would get everywhere for free. I use one laptop. So no biggie.
I upgraded firmware on both units today. No problems reading either type of log.

Rick
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:04 PM
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,770 Posts
I didnt upgrade my stiuff yet. It is working great and with my luck.....

I pre-bought an SK-540 from HeliDirect today. I hope there will be enough to fill all of the prepaid orders made.

Im going to use it on my long neglected Beam E4. I ordered the Beam FBL head, a new canopy and a remote status light for my Sk 720
I think I will fly my Beam more if it flies as much better as my Logo does FBL...I can fly it in my yard too. About all I can make myself do with my big helis in the yard is hover around

Burned some packs in my Mcpx this afternoon. I almost forgot about that thing.It is fun
Old Apr 13, 2012, 01:38 PM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Malle
Joined Apr 2012
2 Posts
I just got the SK-LCD Field Terminal today from the store.

When I connect it to my SK720 the display was working.

Because my SK720 is with version 3.10 I was trying to update my SK-LCD as following:

I connect the SK720 to the computer and connect then the SK-LCD
I "Check for update" the version from the program software is 3.10
The version of the SK720 is 3.10
The version of the SK-LCD was 3.02 so I needed to update to version 3.10.
The program start with the update for the LCD, the SK-720 start to flicker red-green and the display going out, after a small time a window pumps up is telling the update is failed and the display is not working any longer? What to do? How I can reset the SK-LCD? to try to work with it?
Amugames is offline Find More Posts by Amugames