HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 24, 2012, 07:26 AM
AMA# SIMAGES
Hudson Valley
Joined Dec 2006
2,325 Posts
Skookum 720

Really pisses me off to have to scroll through BS to find SK720 info....
simages is offline Find More Posts by simages
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2012, 07:40 AM
United States, SC, Moncks Corner
Joined Mar 2012
1,384 Posts
Nope...I am an amateur troll...came out from under my bridge just to address you.

Yes i have a few helis...and all are equipped with a skookum-720. tried the rest..settled for the best.

the little one is a trex 450se V2 stretched 200 mm swinging 500mm blades with a raised tail unit I machined myself...

the larger one is a 600 stretched to swing 720's , again with a raised tail I machined myself...(among with a few other misc. parts) I REALLY wish you would try your vibration tests on IT! LMFAO...but no need...ill include a screenshot of the log for ya to save ya the trouble...

450 stretch with 500mm blades (2 min 45 sec)

Lisa.2 (10 min 30 sec)

No need to further elaborate on your stupidity...you do that quite well on your own...
heli_haven is offline Find More Posts by heli_haven
Old Mar 24, 2012, 10:45 AM
Aviation Technician
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
OOOh bazinga ! burned me again !

Quote:
I REALLY wish you would try your vibration tests on IT!
you talk as if that's some big deal, does that really frighten you that much, i guess you just talk big but deep down your just a scared little girl. gees man get a hold of yourself it's really a piece of cake and i've done it 100's of times.

ya want to see me do it again ? maybe if ya watch me do it enough times you might grow a pair and quit your whining, please i beg of you, stop whining like a little girl, it's embarrassing and it's making my ears hurt.........

Quote:
settled for the best
the best at what ???
GetToDaChopper is offline Find More Posts by GetToDaChopper
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:15 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,384 Posts
Didnt really see me calling your actions as stupid as "whining"...just think its stupid, period. I posted a reply showing in fact i DID have helis...and all were FBL and fitted with skookum 720's.

Don't have to respond further than that...like since you started, you continue to prove your lack of intelligence everytime you post...please continue making my point for me...
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:39 PM
Aviation Technician
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
ooooh snap burned me again !

Quote:
Didnt really see me calling your actions as stupid as "whining"...
maybe so but it sure sound like whining.......

Quote:
you continue to prove your lack of intelligence everytime you post...please continue making my point for me...
you seem to think that because you said it, it must be true but it's only true in your head...

Quote:
please continue making my point for me
do you really think that somehow if you keep repeating that, that it will make it more credible and in that somehow make it more than what it is, delusional.....

Quote:
"...just think its stupid, period
i just don't, period

the sk720 is a good FBL controller but it's not the "best" at anything, in fact NO FBL controller is the best at everything and by trying to say one is the "best " shows your lack of intelligence and your lack of a grip on reality as well.......

haven you will never make me go away but keep trying if it blows your skirt up...... lolol
Last edited by GetToDaChopper; Mar 24, 2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:58 PM
Aviation Technician
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
you forget i own a 720 and it's far too sensitive to vibration to work reliably, if the vibration levels get too high the unit will kick the "self-leveling" off mid flight and you have no way of knowing this fact untill you hit the button only to find out it's unavailable to save your heli and by then you don't have a chance in heck to save it yourself, the only other way to know is if you haven't tried to use the "self-leveling" during the flight and landed and only then would you see the flashing red light indicating that the "self-leveling" had been disabled sometime during that flight ! Not Good !

oh and one more thing about the SK720 i did not like no matter how good you set it up is when you switch between modes (SL vs Non-SL) the baselines never match, by this i mean that you can have the heli setup with near hands off hovering with "self leveling" off and when you switch it on the heli with veer off in one direction or another or it could be the other way around, you could have it setup for near hands off hovering with "self-leveling" on and then switch it off and the same thing will happen the heli with veer off in one direction or another and the only way to stop this is to hold the stick in the opposite direction the hole time to counter this, i worked very hard for a long time to eliminate this and i could get it close but not eliminate it all together, the HC3-SX is seamless when switching between modes !

now if this is your idea of the "best" ? seek help haven.....
Old Mar 24, 2012, 04:59 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,384 Posts
wow...sorry you have so much trouble with the skookum...I always considered it "idiot-proof" guess it's not after all....
Old Mar 24, 2012, 05:34 PM
Aviation Technician
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
at least i only bought one, there are fools out there that bought one for evey heli they own ! i guess there's no "idiot-proofing" peoples wallets......
Old Mar 24, 2012, 05:43 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,218 Posts
If you setup your skookum as per instructions there is no diving off when switching between banks. It is all in the setup. Obviously your setup skills need some attention. Not the Skookum. On both bank 1 and 2 on mine, it hovers virtually hands free. One is without SL and the other is with SL at 90%. Perfect both ways.

I will ignore all your other childish accusations and just reply to the ones aimed at the Sk720 you seem to be so adept at dropping in and doing.

It was bad enough that I actually posted something you disagreed with. So you went out of your way to post up how inept of a builder I am and also responded to another poster calling into question your post as a personal insult. I have looked and none was there. You accused him also. Rick asked you to go away and post up somewhere else with your insightful information on another system we have no interest in here.

I had to respond with a post showing I am not the inept builder you claim as to substanciate my building prowess. But you continue trying to turn it into a personal insult. And again saying my building is inept.

I responded by telling the guys here who you are. (at the prompting of one of the thread mods btw) So they would understand who you are and what you consistantly do on every thread you invade. Should I further pollute this fine thread with excerpts from those? The whole will keep getting uglier and deeper. Not my purpose here. It is to support Skookum, Ricks thread in trying to help guys setup and maintain their Skookum 720s. And not to post up pushing another product and bashing the Skookum. You seem to ignore Ricks silence as a go ahead here to further pullute and inflame this thread. If I were him and this continues I would just shut it down to be honest.

You have not in any way contributed to one thing here. But have made this an emotional stomping grounds that have offended quite a few guys. You should see my pms from guys here. Not one is positive towards you.

You have nothing to defend. Just please quietly go away. Let us continue our Skookum 720 thread please.

And yeah, I have talked to the guys at HF. You were a nightmare in thier own words. That comes from the top.
Luvmyhelis is online now Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Last edited by Luvmyhelis; Mar 24, 2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 09:28 PM
Aviation Technician
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
Quote:
So you went out of your way to post up how inept of a builder I am
i did no such thing

Quote:
I am not the inept builder you claim
that is exactly what you're doing here
Quote:
If you setup your skookum as per instructions there is no diving off when switching between banks. It is all in the setup. Obviously your setup skills need some attention. Not the Skookum. On both bank 1 and 2 on mine, it hovers virtually hands free. One is without SL and the other is with SL at 90%. Perfect both ways.
how is that not obvious to you ?

Quote:
I am not the inept builder you claimas to substanciate my building prowess
what in the world are you talking about ??? i claimed no such thing ??? the only thing i questioned was the assertion that "At a vibe reading of 8 my tail shaft was wobbling a full 1/4 inch", a tail shaft even wobbing a small fraction of that would make a huge amont of vibration, maybe not all the time but all it takes is just one time to kick the self-leveling off, if you can't ever admit there is room for improvement then the problems however small will never be addressed, oh and i certainly never called you a lier as you did to me !

Quote:
you need to realise that this does not work with all 720 and with mine in particular it's "internal reference" for lack of a better term wonders around all the time and i'm not the only 720 owner to experience this and when someone like myself trys to bring this up and talk about how to fix this it's people like you that go on the attack with slogans like "Obviously your setup skills need some attention" and if your not one of the people lucky enough to have a 720 that works right all the time that stuff gets old really quick.

look it's great that On both bank 1 and 2 on yours, it hovers virtually hands free. One is without SL and the other is with SL at 90%. Perfect both ways. but that's not the case with mine and it's not in the setup i'm sorry to say.

let me put it to you this way, if there was no problem why would skookum release the ability to let end users "zero the accels" which by the way they said was not possible not too long ago ?

Quote:
You were a nightmare in thier own words. That comes from the top
OMG of course that came from the top because the person at the top is who i had the problem with !!! and that very same person lies about people all the time, that's well documented across the internet ! man you really don't have a clue about what you are talking about here !
Quote:
I responded by telling the guys here who you are. (at the prompting of one of the thread mods btw) So they would understand who you are and what you consistantly do on every thread you invade
again you don't have a clue about what your claming here ! show me one other of your so called "invaded threads" here ! get real dude and drop the propaganda aimed at trying to discredit me, thats such a OLD trick, "if you can't discredit what the person is saying then try to discredit the person", i find it very funny that your trying to play yourself off as "someone in the know" or "on the inside" lol gees dude you only know me from the Very short time i was at "willy freak" other than hearsay supposedly from the top at "willy freak" you know absolutely nothing about me, so when did Wj tell you this, at your last board meeting with Wj ? you trying to say you know "all about me" is far from you being truthful when you know next to nothing about me !

Quote:
Just please quietly go away
no i will not as i have every right to post here as anyone, i haven't broken any rules although some of you have tried to goat me into doing so, the only thing around here that is "childish" is the childish name calling and personal attacks, just because "I have looked and none was there" don't make it so......

what i'm saying about the 720 may not be popular around here but i don't care about all that or your delicate feeling in regards to how well the 720 works for some people, i just wished someone would have said these things about the 720 when i was looking around and trying to learn something about how good these FBL unit REALLY work and if i help even one person from making a bad choice based on propaganda about how perfect all these FBL controllers work then it was worth all the BS that some people are slinging around here !!!

HOLY COW SOME OF YOU PEOPLE CAN BE SO OVERLY FANATICAL ABOUT THE EQUIPMENT YOU USE IT'S CRASY !
Last edited by GetToDaChopper; Jun 16, 2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 10:32 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,384 Posts
wow...you been busy...think ill go back over to helifreak....join me there? oh no wait...YOU CAN'T! lmfao
Old Mar 24, 2012, 10:47 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,218 Posts
Again, you once again missed the entire point. If you set up your heli properly you will always have vibes less than a catastrophic failure level of 8 where the heli is dangerously close to failure. The SL will work.

Skookum has sold over 6000 units. Most guys buy them. They work as advertised and we never hear from them again. A few, very few, have problems they need to ask questions about or have an actual problem with the Skookum... Roughly 98% of all the posts are from guys posting up with a vib log wondering what part is vibrating and wanting to know what it is so they can address it.

After that we rarely ever see them again. Why? They are out happily flying.

And even fewer, make that one. Show up trying to innoculously bash the Skookum and post up what they are trying to pull of as a whoa unto me not so innocent post about a different unit since they cannot get the SL working due to how horribly their helis vibrate.

My advice. Sell your Sk720 to someone who wants it. They usually sell in a day. And pick up your fbl system you are pushing and go fly it.

Not one of us here believes because the heli cannot SL that it is Skookums fault when the heli is shaking itself apart.

Or you could humbly come in and ask for help to address your vibe issue and properly setup the Sk720. Which is what this thread is for.

And again to address your overemotional blown out of proportion post. My information about the guys at HF isn't just Will. Yes I am informed. You offended quite a few guys there. And scared a few more.
Luvmyhelis is online now Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Mar 24, 2012, 10:51 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,384 Posts
Only FBL controller i've seen that sells used for damn near the same price as new...*nuff said*
Old Mar 24, 2012, 11:44 PM
Aviation Technician
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
Again, you once again missed everything i just said about it not being a setup nor a build fault......

Quote:
And again to address your overemotional blown out of proportion post. My information about the guys at HF isn't just Will. Yes I am informed. You offended quite a few guys there. And scared a few more.
Quote:
overemotional
hardly i think that you claiming to know me is just sad and your biggest Falsehood to date.

lol gergei knew only slightly more about me than you do which ones again is next to nothing, your "informed" lol that's just a joke ! i'll tell you what, please feel free to share everything you "know" about me right here, right now.

i it would be very easy to make up so called information about you from posts i've read or people i've talk to about you, but i'd never claim to "know about you" from that so called information, come on be honest with the people your trying to sway here, you don't know squat about me any more than i know about you !

Quote:
You offended quite a few guys there. And scared a few more.
i could care less if people are offended by the truth and i have no idea what that last part is trying to say ? but i'll tell you what, anyone reading this please feel free to go to willy freak and read all of my posts there as Luvmyhelis has provided you with my former user names, i stand by everything i ever posted there in my very short time frame as a willy freak member and you will see for yourself that i said nothing that was offensive in any way and there for Luvmyhelis has no idea what he is talking about and is just attempting to play himself off someone more important than the reality is, you'll also see that i use to be fanatical about the 720 as well so i know what i'm talking about when it comes to this point for sure and i will never fall into that trap again, here i'll show you, does the HeliCommand have it shair of problems ? of couse it does !!! gees you drones, snap out of it !

you know i'm only reacting to the BS some of you are posting and if you truly want me to shut up all you really have to do is drop all the BS your posting and shut the heck up yourself and you'll hardly ever see me post again but your too OVERLY FANATICAL ABOUT this thing that you just can't do that can you ????

don't you even see what your posting ? your talking about this "thing" in the third person !

Quote:
Show up trying to innoculously bash the Skookum
My PRECIOUS!!!! (0 min 9 sec)

and ones again you don't even know what your talking about with this bashing the skookum propaganda, all you have to do is go back to my posts and really read them this time and you will see i said a lot of great things about "the skookum" but you constantly ignore this fact, why is that ???
Last edited by GetToDaChopper; Mar 25, 2012 at 04:18 AM.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:49 AM
Aviation Technician
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
In fact i dare you "mr informed" to find anything and i do mean ANYTHING that i posted anywhere that was as offensive as you claim, good luck with that as it does not exist anywhere !!! so what does that fact make you ???

and remember that extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof or you don't know what your talking about, Period !
Last edited by GetToDaChopper; Mar 25, 2012 at 08:01 AM.