SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:07 AM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,261 Posts
I will post up some just as soon as I get them reassembled since they are always morphing. Even the pics from two weeks ago don't resemble the versions today. Here are some of the Sk360 fbl equipped dual swash coaxs and its bigger brother. I have designed roughly 80 of them. I show the airwolf Dss version but there is also a 3D pod and boom version. It is in teardown as the head is headed over to a machine shop to have pins installed so it can run 6 360mm blades on 6 pro 450 grips. The airwolf will be identically setup except it will run 330mm blades. Both are 6s and running dual 4800ma brushless motors and are invert capible. Which is a first for Rc coaxial design and should revolutionize the coaxial movement. Very very few engineers are working in this field. One has a flymentor grafted into the SK360. Both sport one off OlliW boardless brushless memms Coaxial tail gyro systems and multiple one off cnc cut Skytec parts and custom frames. Sadly none of this has been cheap. I have more invested in these 3 coaxials than my current car.

Plus a few older ones mentioned of two of the many Sk720 fbl 450 test beds. Both will soon be testing new prototype 12s systems and running separate bec power systems. The boom supports are so long due to the stabilizing effect on the raised HH tail structures. At one time the trex had 4 of them in differing angles. Next month the 600 should be done and I will post it up. It will also be sporting a one off HHprototype raised tail, custom frame, Head, and skids along with HH prototype belt drive system. I am on the verge of going 24s with belt driven main gear systems on it. No way to post up all the in process mods for the well over 100 different models and versions. I just picked a few quick pics.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Last edited by Luvmyhelis; Mar 21, 2012 at 12:40 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2012, 05:18 PM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,997 Posts
Wow.

Rick
Rickn816 is offline Find More Posts by Rickn816
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:59 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickn816 View Post
Wow.

Rick
Yeah. And my sincere thanks to the brilliant and committed guys that have led, prodded me, and extensively helped on these. Especially lately Troy, who is in my opinion one of the premier rising stars in the innovative custom fabbed parts world in the Rc heli field. And a fellow Skookum enthusiast. If he pulls off his lineup, guys can simply buy prefabbed belt driven (main and tail) stretched raised tail systems in almost every size of heli frame in a comprehensive kit form. All aimed at use with the Sk720. His 35 minute flight times with one of his own versions of the above have already landed on the desk at Skookum and resulted in a software fix for the vibe and log viewers that will accomodate longer flights. His vib log in that flight was a .5 running 500mm blades with his 6s stretch, raised 4 blade tail 450. His similar 600 posted those same figures on a stretch thread over at HF.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:19 PM
Aviation Technician
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
Quote:
Please, I really want you to defend your actions
I'll pass, but do you feel better getting that off your chest with your troll throw away account ?

i wonder who that could be ???

Quote:
Would the heli fly under the conditions you described? In my experience, yes. The elevator servo came loose from the fuse, and the SK 720 kept the machine level.
well the conditions i described was heli with a tail shaft that was wobbling a full 1/4 inch which is not anything like a elevator servo coming loose from a fuse ?
GetToDaChopper is offline Find More Posts by GetToDaChopper
Last edited by GetToDaChopper; Mar 22, 2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:44 PM
United States, SC, Moncks Corner
Joined Mar 2012
1,434 Posts
No "throw-away" account to it...please feel free to have the mods check my IP...But i did make the account JUST to let you know i thought your actions were the most idiotic i have seen in quite sometime...And I don't blame ya on passing the opportunity to defend them...probably one of your more rational decisions.
heli_haven is online now Find More Posts by heli_haven
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:50 PM
Aviation Technician
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
i told rick i wouldn't, and we'll see how long you stick around Troy.....
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:58 PM
Aviation Technician
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
and why can't people around here compile an logical argument that is devoid of name calling ???
Old Mar 23, 2012, 03:32 AM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetToDaChopper View Post
and why can't people around here compile an logical argument that is devoid of name calling ???
Because there is a place for that. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1543430
Roto Rob is offline Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:04 AM
Aviation Technician
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
gee thanks for that, but i don't want to join a debate club, i just wish that people around here could voice their position without all the name calling, they just look like kids yelling "stinky pants, no your the stinky pants, i know you are but what am i !"
Old Mar 23, 2012, 05:13 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,261 Posts
Hmm, let me guess. GetToDaChopper. Aka Steve. CoolHandLuke. New name. Same old story. Out causing trouble and eventually getting banned.

Tell me I am wrong. Oh yeah, megadeath Gta also. It is easy to change a name but difficult to hide behind a new one you just made up. Ever wonder why you get banned so often?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 08:57 PM
Aviation Technician
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
ya those were all me at heli freak so what, i didn't get banned there for anything i posted, so yes you are wrong, and "Out causing trouble and eventually getting banned" could not be further from the truth, plus "Ever wonder why you get banned so often" is also wrong as well heli freak is the ONLY place i have ever been banned from, and just so you'll have some scrap of truth right, the reason i have all those account names in the first place is because a friend who is now a mod at HF encourage me to make new accounts every time a name got banned "and get back in there" to use his words, so please try and get your so called facts straight before you go slandering people Luvmyhelis.......

oh and by the way i still have all of that mods e-mails he sent to me encouraging me to make all those accounts, i wonder how Will J would feel about that mod encouraging me to do that ? hummmm......

oh and i know all about you as well Luvmyhelis so who are you trying to impress ? or is this just one more personal attack to try and address your lack credibility by defecting focus away from you ?
Last edited by GetToDaChopper; Mar 23, 2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:33 PM
Aviation Technician
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
it now looks like your beloved SK720 will have more competition soon from the soon to be out MSH Brain Flybarless System, some places are taking pre orders so it might not be long now, it's going to be a self-leveler as well with it's "3 gyros, 3 accelerometers" and most importantly Autostabilization functions are Vibration insensitive so it can be done, i still own a 720 and i am still holding out hope that it's SLing vibration sensitivity can somehow be fixed, only time will tell.....
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:44 PM
Aviation Technician
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
Quote:
Hmm, let me guess. GetToDaChopper. Aka Steve. CoolHandLuke. New name. Same old story. Out causing trouble and eventually getting banned.

Tell me I am wrong. Oh yeah, megadeath Gta also. It is easy to change a name but difficult to hide behind a new one you just made up. Ever wonder why you get banned so often?
hey Luvmyhelis why did you just decide to call me out anyways ? was it the "tail shaft that was wobbling a full 1/4 inch" thing ? because none of your post had anything to do with the 720 and it was def a personal attack if i have ever seen one, so i'm just wondering is all.......
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:39 PM
United States, SC, Moncks Corner
Joined Mar 2012
1,434 Posts
I got a question for ya choppa....do you check the oven temp by sticking your head inside? LMAO

I was gonna post earlier today, but i figured (correctly by the way) that you would save me the trouble by posting more of your idiocy...i was correct....wow...wasnt expecting it to rise to this level though...
heli_haven is online now Find More Posts by heli_haven
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:26 AM
Aviation Technician
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
OOOh burn ! you sure put me in my place bro ! how do you do it ? lol, well don't leave me in suspense o enlighten one, how so ???

oh and by the way are you ever going to even mention the SK720 in any of your attack posts or are you just here to rant and rave ???

I got a question for ya haven....do you even own a heli or are you just a professional troll ???

because you never talk about anything to do with helis, you just point fingers and call names ?

it's strange that when trolls like you come in here and don't even talk about anything heli related and at the same time "Rick" says not a thing about it ??? very strange indeed........

well by all means haven keep it coming, it don't bother me one bit ! if Rick don't mind, i don't mind ! LOL

oh and i almost forgot sense you like my heli video so much

Quote:
I WILL talk about IDIOTS, and anyone who would INTENTIONALLY put their hand/fingers anywhere NEAR a heli, fully spooled up with the blades on, is CLEARLY the definition of the word IDIOT
i can make some more of them just for you if you like, you should see what i INTENTIONALLY do on the job with FULL size aircraft ! you would have a brain aneurysm trying to type all the insults you would want to through my way, Make sure you pace yourself to avoid exerting yourself. i look forward to your next classy yet insightful post, you are a true genius with an intellect far beyond mine !
Last edited by GetToDaChopper; Mar 24, 2012 at 03:30 AM.