HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 19, 2010, 06:28 PM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,984 Posts
They gave us firmware 1.10 today. The firmware update works like Castle Creations - very convenient. The general release should be real soon now.

Father's Day tomorrow. Unlikely that I will get to fly until Monday or Tuesday.

Rick
Rickn816 is offline Find More Posts by Rickn816
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2010, 10:53 PM
Trying to fly on the cheap!
Norway, Rogaland, Stavanger
Joined Aug 2008
615 Posts
That's some good news!
My second sk720 should arrive in a few days.
mosca.br is offline Find More Posts by mosca.br
Old Jun 22, 2010, 07:44 AM
Trying to fly on the cheap!
Norway, Rogaland, Stavanger
Joined Aug 2008
615 Posts
My second sk720 is in customs, just in time for the firmware release!

http://www.skookumrobotics.com/produ...20_update.html

Yes, it is out!
mosca.br is offline Find More Posts by mosca.br
Old Jun 22, 2010, 08:36 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,356 Posts
I tried to update but it got hung up. It recommended formatting the SD card. When I did that the Busy indicator came on and would not clear. I waited 30 minutes but it stayed on.

I rebooted my computer and ran the firmware and this time I cot a Connect indication. What did I due wrong. Not sure what to due next.

Rick, due you have a good step by step upgrade process that works?

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:01 AM
Joined Oct 2000
197 Posts
I updated today without a format. But that was a factory fresh, never setup, unit.

The step by step upgrade process for me was very simple. I just opened up the software and hit update. It was done in about 30 seconds.

This might be an idea for you to try....

"It sounds like the micro-sd card has a problem, not the unit itself. It's possible to (carefully) remove the micro-sd card using a very small tip flat screwdriver or a dull #11 exacto blade tip. You could then either format it with an adapter on your PC, or replace it with another 2gb card. You'd have to rename the card SK720 by (right-click it in windows explorer) before it will be recognized though.

NOTE: If the micro-sd card is in the unit, format it using the SK720's software, not using windows!"
Kenneth is offline Find More Posts by Kenneth
Old Jun 22, 2010, 12:33 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,356 Posts
Another thing is that they have rearranged the servo port assignments for my E620 with 90 degree eCCPM. So anyone with an E550 or E620 make sure you change the servo wiring before you try to fly. Not sure is the servo calibrations will be saved or not. When I get it working I will let you know.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 02:04 PM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
I tried to update but it got hung up. It recommended formatting the SD card. When I did that the Busy indicator came on and would not clear. I waited 30 minutes but it stayed on.

I rebooted my computer and ran the firmware and this time I cot a Connect indication. What did I due wrong. Not sure what to due next.

Rick, due you have a good step by step upgrade process that works?

Mine worked (both units) as instructed. I reformatted the SD Card from the Utility Menu and off it went. Twice. If you are having problems, Art asked that we send him an e-mail.

Rick
Old Jun 22, 2010, 04:45 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,356 Posts
I finally got it working.

After tinkering with it for more than an hour I finally got it to update successfully. I tried so many things that I am not sure exactly what I did wrong to start with.

When it finally worked I first powered up the helicopter with the transmitter on and let it initialize just like I was going to fly. Then I plugged in the USB cable and got it to upgrade. I thought it would update with only the USB link but apparently not.

Since I have an E620 with 90 degree eCCPM I had to change the servo connections. This turned out to take another hour. This was definitely a very painful upgrade.

The problem is that the setup program has the servos labeled incorrectly for the 90-degree eCCPM option. Skookum definitely needs a beta tester hat flies a 90 degree E550 or E620.
Current label:
(1) Fwd
(2) Aft
(3) Right
(4) Left

The correct label should be:
(1) Fwd
(2) Right
(3) Left
(4) Aft

Old Jun 23, 2010, 06:24 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,356 Posts
Does anyone have a clue about the “Blur Prios” option? I could not tell any difference. When should I use this option?
Old Jun 23, 2010, 08:33 AM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,984 Posts
Firmware update

http://www.skookumrobotics.com/produ...20_update.html

In case you have not seen it.

Rick
Old Jun 23, 2010, 02:32 PM
Joined Dec 2007
6,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
Does anyone have a clue about the “Blur Prios” option? I could not tell any difference. When should I use this option?
This is copied from the website:

"Blur Piros" option, so at 100% rudder the heli will piro at almost 3 revs/second."
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Jun 23, 2010, 03:25 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
This is copied from the website:

"Blur Piros" option, so at 100% rudder the heli will piro at almost 3 revs/second."
So it’s suppose to bypass the control rate setting. I must have something setup wrong. Maybe my transmitter endpoints are set too low. Has anyone made it work?

Old Jun 25, 2010, 08:39 AM
United States, OR, Bend
Joined Sep 2004
108 Posts
I have updated to v1.10 and now I get a "RX LINK ERROR". I am using a Futaba 8FG TX and 6008HS RX. I have done a search and a lot of people are having the same issue with this update. I had no issues with v1.00 so I am regretting updating to v1.10 cause now I cant fly until Skookum fixes this bug in their firmware, unless someone knows if you can down grade to v1.00 firmware.
jdanks is offline Find More Posts by jdanks
Old Jun 25, 2010, 09:34 AM
Joined Dec 2007
6,528 Posts
I just recieved my 720 along with the optional field monitor. The instructions in the field monitor show the ability to connect to my PC using a dongle between it and and the USB cable with the gyro unit. They speak about this dongle as if its part of the gyro package ("connect the field monitor to your PC using the dongle and USB cable that came with your SK360"), but my 720 came only with the USB cable, so I'm assuming I will need to order this piece as an option in order to update my field monitor to work with the 720, and to move data between it and my PC? Its no big deal, but just thought I would already have everything for the $510.00 I have invested in the two items. I dont see anything else that might be needed, but you experienced guys let me know if I will need to order anything else besides the dongle to be ready to go.

Thanks
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Last edited by Xrayted; Jun 25, 2010 at 09:40 AM.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 09:45 AM
North Central Positronics
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,314 Posts
X, You don't need anything else. The field programmer plugs into the 720, and the 720 plugs into the computer. If you read the firmware upgrade instructions for the field programmer it spells it out pretty good, I had no trouble updating mine.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is offline Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member