HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2013, 02:56 PM
Joined Sep 2008
85 Posts
Don,
It said your video is not available.
John R. is offline Find More Posts by John R.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2013, 06:37 PM
Romania
Joined Jan 2009
238 Posts
Keyrigger - Nice chopper,you use Scale heli option or normal settings?
takeoff2 is offline Find More Posts by takeoff2
Old Mar 02, 2013, 06:42 PM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,424 Posts
I use normal options for the 720 and checked off the scale heli option in the GPS. If the weather Monday to Wednesday is good (not below freezing), I will get this out to the field and really give it a workout. I am now resetting all my pitch curves to match going from one mode to the next. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is offline Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Mar 15, 2013, 06:52 PM
Aviation Technician
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
Sooooo how is everyones GPS working out, does everybody have their GPS systems working great ?
GetToDaChopper is offline Find More Posts by GetToDaChopper
Old Mar 16, 2013, 03:22 AM
Romania
Joined Jan 2009
238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetToDaChopper View Post
Sooooo how is everyones GPS working out, does everybody have their GPS systems working great ?
Spin the knife in the wound.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 06:56 AM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetToDaChopper View Post
It works, but I am still working out the gains, etc.

Rick
Rickn816 is offline Find More Posts by Rickn816
Old Mar 16, 2013, 02:02 PM
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeoff2 View Post
Thanks,
My Outrage received a new canopy,a Bando tail belt and some new bearings,now waiting for gps and.... good weather.
Speaking of GPS, you ordered one? Until now goes wery well.
takeoff 2, I thought the skids on the GPS equipped heli looked familiar.
Good video testing the GPS.

I have not ordered GPS Are the working out well for most owners? I have been out of touch lately.

The only thing I have flown in a couple of months or more is my little brushless Mcpx, and the little 130X that I fly in my yard and a little Gee Bee R2 i bought at SEFF last April.
I havent been to the field in a long time as my Compass 7HV only has 20 minutes of airtime on it. Ive got to do better and need some help from the weather. Just a bunch of dusty helis at my house
jamesppp is offline Find More Posts by jamesppp
Old Mar 18, 2013, 12:02 AM
Aviation Technician
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
hey can someone ask helihaven if he got banned over on willy freak ?
Old Mar 18, 2013, 06:16 AM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesppp View Post
takeoff 2, I thought the skids on the GPS equipped heli looked familiar.
Good video testing the GPS.

I have not ordered GPS Are the working out well for most owners? I have been out of touch lately.

The only thing I have flown in a couple of months or more is my little brushless Mcpx, and the little 130X that I fly in my yard and a little Gee Bee R2 i bought at SEFF last April.
I havent been to the field in a long time as my Compass 7HV only has 20 minutes of airtime on it. Ive got to do better and need some help from the weather. Just a bunch of dusty helis at my house
Yesterday, I ran both position hold and altitude hold. They worked perfectly, With alt hold, you can move the heli around and not worry about a dirt bath. With position hold, the heli was rock solid on all three axes.

Still working on Go Home.

Rick
Old Mar 18, 2013, 09:12 AM
Aviation Technician
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
What is "Go Home" doing ?
Old Mar 20, 2013, 04:06 PM
Romania
Joined Jan 2009
238 Posts
Question,At RtH activation the LED light is blue or blue green?
Old Mar 21, 2013, 06:59 AM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeoff2 View Post
Question,At RtH activation the LED light is blue or blue green?
Don't know. I was testing Alt Hold last night, and the LED was flashing green.

Rick
Old Mar 21, 2013, 02:03 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,220 Posts
Hey Rick, have you tried to push it below the deck yet with any authority? Just curious to see how far down it penetrated before it caught itself and moved back up? Plus have you flown it hard enough yet to where we usually see the Sk720 get scrambled slightly and begin SL drift? How does that effect things with the Gps system in place? If at all?
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Mar 21, 2013, 05:15 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Hey Rick, have you tried to push it below the deck yet with any authority? Just curious to see how far down it penetrated before it caught itself and moved back up? Plus have you flown it hard enough yet to where we usually see the Sk720 get scrambled slightly and begin SL drift? How does that effect things with the Gps system in place? If at all?
Hi Randy. I posted a recent vid over on HF, but I hear you are having some issues over there at the moment. Although all my flight was upright, I purposely tried slamming the hei down though the deck and couldn't do it. It would bounce off just like a force feild. I did many attempts other than what was filmed, and was able to get within 10-15 feet of the ground using hard deck(without pre deck calculation)and the lowest setting of 24 feet once ot twice, but I was never afraid of it and pulled up for any reason. It caught it every single time.

Skookum GPS first flights (4 min 23 sec)
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Mar 22, 2013, 09:30 AM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Not yet. I've been focused on Go Home. But, I've seen videos of those who have. It works.

The drift in my case was not a function of the GPS, but of the accelerometers in the Gyro. I reset the accels with the heli tilted slighty toward the tail rotor. Trial and error. I also carefully checked my C/G. After those two fixes, the heli no longer drifts.

The drift is less pronounced when you use a position hold where the GPS is active. In alt hold, there is some drift, but the heli is "supposed" to be moving in this mode, so drift should be irrelevant.

Rick
Last edited by Rickn816; Mar 22, 2013 at 09:36 AM.