HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:56 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
I definitely donít want the old one with obsolete components. Sounds like it will be summer or later if they have to go through the engineering process all over again. Skookum is not noted for speedy development. But in the good side I have not had any hardware problems with the ones I have. The SK540 is my favorite 3D gyro.

For those that have no SK720 looks like it will be a fairly long time before they can purchase everything they need to make GPS work.

I wouldn't go that far. Everything I've heard they are not working on JUST the GPS right now but do have people working on the 720. I would assume they have been working on it since Oct at least. My hope is we'll see it in March.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:16 PM
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,761 Posts
Need some decvent flying weather... All I have flown recently is my little 130X ..The weather has been sucking. The temp was great till this week but the wind just keeps blowing
jamesppp is offline Find More Posts by jamesppp
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:17 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesppp View Post
Need some decvent flying weather... All I have flown recently is my little 130X ..The weather has been sucking. The temp was great till this week but the wind just keeps blowing
Come up here. We just crawled out of the negative numbers today
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:39 PM
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,761 Posts
I shouldnt be whining right? lol
jamesppp is offline Find More Posts by jamesppp
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:31 AM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,984 Posts
I downloaded the first version of the total PC package, including playback software this morning. Getting closer.

Tested last night. A few glitches, but it looks good.

Rick
Rickn816 is offline Find More Posts by Rickn816
Last edited by Rickn816; Jan 25, 2013 at 06:44 AM.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:04 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesppp View Post
I shouldnt be whining right? lol
No, I would kill for your weather right about now.

I was just out maidening a new Warp 360 I am debugging as we work through the first version release issues. I had engineered a few parts for it and had to see if they worked so the Compass engineers could see the results. And It was close to 0 outside. OMG, that was nasty. But the 720 worked like a swiss clock through half a dozen flights over two days. I even hard mounted the thing as the Warp crowd was ribbing me about the vibe layering. And flew perfectly through tail vibes of 15. (Just not with SL).

Man, I can't wait till the black hits! I have three new customs waiting in the wings.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:59 PM
Romania
Joined Jan 2009
234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post

I was just out maidening a new Warp 360 I am debugging as we work through the first version release issues. I had engineered a few parts for it and had to see if they worked so the Compass engineers could see the results. And It was close to 0 outside. OMG, that was nasty. But the 720 worked like a swiss clock through half a dozen flights over two days. I even hard mounted the thing as the Warp crowd was ribbing me about the vibe layering. And flew perfectly through tail vibes of 15. (Just not with SL).

Man, I can't wait till the black hits! I have three new customs waiting in the wings.
Wow,his chopper has no ball bearing,tail vibes of 15
takeoff2 is offline Find More Posts by takeoff2
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:30 PM
Aviation Technician
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
Quote:
(Just not with SL).
lol, mayne they will get the "SL" right with the new black one, who knows.......
GetToDaChopper is offline Find More Posts by GetToDaChopper
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:17 PM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetToDaChopper View Post
lol, mayne they will get the "SL" right with the new black one, who knows.......
Sorry, it works for me.

Rick
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:16 PM
Aviation Technician
Joined Feb 2012
315 Posts
with vibes of 15, i think not rick.......
GetToDaChopper is offline Find More Posts by GetToDaChopper
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:36 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post

Man you must have some really bad helicopter design. I have never had over 5 vibration on an electric and normally it’s 2 or below. With a vibration of 15 I would be vary concerned about mechanical failures. I don’t think you should risk flying until you get it down to 3 or 4.

SL has always worked perfect for me but you can’t put it on a vibrator.

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:31 AM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetToDaChopper View Post
with vibes of 15, i think not rick.......
Your power system can generate power, or it can waste power through vibrations. High vibrations are significant inefficiencies in the power system, and they result in faster wear and tear on the mechanical components.

For example, modern jet engines are much quieter than they were even 10 years ago - why? They are more efficient. Noise is wasted energy that could be providing thrust.

Rick
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:49 AM
Romania
Joined Jan 2009
234 Posts
Started delivering gps.Rick,now I think you can share some impressions.
takeoff2 is offline Find More Posts by takeoff2
Last edited by takeoff2; Feb 03, 2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:52 AM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeoff2 View Post
Started delivering gps.
Who? Where?
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:59 AM
Joined Dec 2007
6,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickn816 View Post
Who? Where?
Many of the guys that pre ordered have reported receiving tracking numbers for their units. It was being discussed over on HF yesterday.

Heli Direct has them listed on their site now too with an in stock ETA of Feb 8th.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted