to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:47 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimbeaver View Post
Thatís much lower than the original estimate of $700 to $1000.

RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:13 PM
Romania
Joined Jan 2009
244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
Thatís much lower than the original estimate of $700 to $1000.

Well,how it works, it circulated a high price and then comes a smaller, but still big.
Align Gx...700 + USD
Naza H....<500 USD
SK.............900 USD
takeoff2 is offline Find More Posts by takeoff2
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:38 PM
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,770 Posts
Takeoff2

Is the SK price you show for a 720 + GPS unit?

I haven't been keeping up but tonight I looked and saw preorders at 495.00 I think it'sa good price. How has your OR 550 doing?
jamesppp is offline Find More Posts by jamesppp
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:06 AM
United States, NY, Huntington Station
Joined May 2012
1,672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetToDaChopper View Post
it looks like the "naza" plus gps system for helis takes up quite a bit of room on a heli......
It isn't too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesppp View Post
Takeoff2

I haven't been keeping up but tonight I looked and saw preorders at 495.00 I think it'sa good price. How has your OR 550 doing?
The SK price $495 is just for the GPS unit. It "feels" not too expensive since I already have the SK720 on most of my helis.
chuenwe is offline Find More Posts by chuenwe
Old Dec 15, 2012, 04:46 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,802 Posts
720?

Any news on the new 720?
Is it going to be out before Christmas?

Old Dec 15, 2012, 09:53 AM
Joined May 2012
1,672 Posts
Quote:
Any news on the new 720?

I doubt it. Last I heard, they had some manufacturing issue.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:22 AM
Romania
Joined Jan 2009
244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesppp View Post
Takeoff2

Price is for gps plus sk.Concerning the OR550,after the last crash I changed the main gear and other parts damaged, but I did not like how it run,
so I spread out and found damaged middle bearing,I changed and all is well.Now wait while GPS and good weather flight.
Best regards.
takeoff2 is offline Find More Posts by takeoff2
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:03 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,374 Posts
Quote:
Any news on the new 720?

Doubt it. I gave up the wait and bought an Ikon when HeliDirect had it onsale recently. May watch for a used 720 at a decent price, but at this point if the Ikon works well SK will have lost my business for the moment. Kind of sad as I wanted to stick with them, but with no way to buy their product gotta go elsewhere.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:09 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,802 Posts
Quote:
Doubt it. I gave up the wait and bought an Ikon when HeliDirect had it onsale recently. May watch for a used 720 at a decent price, but at this point if the Ikon works well SK will have lost my business for the moment. Kind of sad as I wanted to stick with them, but with no way to buy their product gotta go elsewhere.
The problem is that I have two 720ís and two 540ís and the 540ís fly 3D much batter than the 720ís. If I were to get a GPS (I will wait until the price goes down) I want to use it with a new 720BE. I sure hope that the BE is better for 3D than the old 720. If you want the best 3D gyro with an excellent governor get the 540.

Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:02 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,261 Posts
Quote:
Sad isn't it. I have been seeing a fairly large exit of previously committed Skookum followers doing just this. The Ikon really is just the Brain rebadged. But at least a guy can buy one. I had a close friend email me today wanting me to build him another heli equipped with the Sk720. I had to turn him down.

I am choosing to wait myself for the Black. I just cannot live without Skookum's other features such as the vibe logging.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:12 PM
Joined May 2012
1,672 Posts
Why would you turn your close friend down. I would just get him a normal SK720 for now. Or even an used one. As soon as the SK GPS comes out, even the used Sk720 is going to sell way over $300.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:11 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuenwe View Post
Why would you turn your close friend down. I would just get him a normal SK720 for now. Or even an used one. As soon as the SK GPS comes out, even the used Sk720 is going to sell way over $300.
Get him one where? They have been out of production for months and not a single retailer has stock. The only hope is to catch a used one which is just a waiting game that may never come true.

Honestly I kind of worry about Skookum. Not sure how well the 540 is selling but I worry that they won't be able to price their products to compete due to how much they must be spending on R&D. If enough of the loyal jump ship waiting for product and they have to price their product at too much of a premium they may find it hard to find new customers.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:42 AM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,997 Posts
Quote:
Get him one where? They have been out of production for months and not a single retailer has stock. The only hope is to catch a used one which is just a waiting game that may never come true.

Honestly I kind of worry about Skookum. Not sure how well the 540 is selling but I worry that they won't be able to price their products to compete due to how much they must be spending on R&D. If enough of the loyal jump ship waiting for product and they have to price their product at too much of a premium they may find it hard to find new customers.
There will be customers. Price is always an issue but our hobby doesn't work very well on the cheap. Good friend burned up his cheap motor on his trex 600. He was lucky to save the Heli. The 540 seems to be working very well for hard 3d. But not all of us can do those moves and a gyro with GPS is a big money saver when it helps prevent repairs. It is also very good for Heli mounted cameras. The unit in development will do more than the NAZA unit.
Rickn816 is offline Find More Posts by Rickn816
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:42 AM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,997 Posts
Align announced their system. $900, and it only works with their 3GX.

ALIGN APS GYRO VIDEO (3 min 12 sec)
Rickn816 is offline Find More Posts by Rickn816