HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 19, 2003, 09:56 PM
Colo. Spgs., CO
Joined Sep 2002
77 Posts
A-10 Sittin' Down On The Job?

Hello,

I'm just wondering if everyone else here who has an A-10 has my same problem. It seems the plane likes tilting back onto the tail assembly when sitting on a flat surface, this is of course only when the battery pack is not installed and if you have the landing gear attached. If this is normal then hopefully I shall be off to maiden it this coming weekend as I spent all this past weekend watch the wind blow the trees out of the ground. But no wind today, seems like it hardly ever blows on the work week just on the weekends. Coincedence?

Also, I was wondering if anyone has noticed any CG issies with this plane. In the post "A-10 Flies" there seems to be only high praise. Any other input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all for the help

Mike
Moviemaker is offline Find More Posts by Moviemaker
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2003, 09:57 PM
Colo. Spgs., CO
Joined Sep 2002
77 Posts
Just one more
Old May 19, 2003, 10:42 PM
Dieselized User
Chicagoland
Joined Feb 2000
7,337 Posts
Without the battery the CG is way off. Many models exhibit this without a battery installed.

You have'n't been in this hobby long....
Of course the nicest flying days are when you are at work.
It's guaranteed you will hit the only tree in sight.
The last flight is always the one that you break your plane on.

Greg
gkamysz is offline Find More Posts by gkamysz
Old May 19, 2003, 11:01 PM
Colo. Spgs., CO
Joined Sep 2002
77 Posts
I thought so.

Thanks for the reply Greg,

I thought that was probably the case with the trail dragging.

You are right, I have only been flying for a little over a year. I have a Tigermoth, Pico Stik, Zero, and now this A-10. The A-10 is my first trike as all of the others are taildraggers. You are the wise old sage when it comes to the frequecy with which the forces of nature work against all of us hobbyists. Lessons I am becoming all too familiar with. Thanks again, any input is always appreciated.

Mike