SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 26, 2010, 01:55 AM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc092 View Post
I am thinking about buying one a sky surfer from bananahobby. i have all the electronics already and was thinking about buying 1 of each of the replacement parts minus the decals, electronics. The parts needed to assemble the plane comes out to around $38. Im wondering if anyone has done this before or thinks this is a good idea considering Bananahobbys reputation for not having parts when they say they do or not accepting returns for defective parts.
For $7 more, you may as well get the whole airframe. HERE it is.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2010, 10:34 AM
Joined Jan 2008
86 Posts
No AJ Westwood next to lake almanor
kaosk is offline Find More Posts by kaosk
Old Mar 28, 2010, 09:02 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosk View Post
No AJ Westwood next to lake almanor
Is Old Mill Cafe' still open? I got a couple of real great meals there many years ago.
AJ
Old Mar 29, 2010, 07:31 AM
Joined Jan 2008
86 Posts
hahahah yea they sure are !I have been here for 7 years came from LA,gotta say that nothing beats small town living and the fishing here is insane
Old Mar 29, 2010, 03:58 PM
" Float On "
Lago Vista TEXAS
Joined Dec 2009
104 Posts
Just ordered a Sky Surfer with brushless motor upgrade and extra battery.
Wish me luck!
JP n Texas is offline Find More Posts by JP n Texas
Old Mar 29, 2010, 04:33 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
you won;t need an extra battery.. trust me
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Mar 30, 2010, 01:48 AM
Joined Jan 2008
86 Posts
i really like my 1600 mah battery i picked up for it,easy 25-30 min flight times solid 20 min on full throttle.I like this one so much i have been looking at the larger powered glider for summer.hahaha i might just sell the blade SR i am not even using it anymore since i got the SF
Old Mar 30, 2010, 03:24 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP n Texas View Post
Just ordered a Sky Surfer with brushless motor upgrade and extra battery.
Wish me luck!
RTF or ARF?
AJ
Old Mar 30, 2010, 03:29 AM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
I think you will really enjoy this plane. James and I were out flying last night he flew his for a solid twenty five minutes my raptor flew for 4 minutes sure was fun while it lasted!!!! He's getting pretty bold now some aileron roles, loops and inverted as well last night, the crash is near!!!!!!! One thing I did notice after he really stressed the plane one wing loosened up. We put a little more epoxy on it last night. Can't really see the wings staying on without glue unless you fly very gently.
wow1 is offline Find More Posts by wow1
Old Mar 30, 2010, 03:57 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
I just discovered an old brushed wing dragon in a friends warehouse. I didn' tlose time. I just got it and I need a brushless motor mount. I already charged the 11.1 2200mah battery I had and I need the mount to get it in the air. it sure looks a lot like the skysurfer and I'm gonna do some mods on it. Iittend to extend the Ruder, elevator and ailerons. I'm goin to a local hobby shop right now to get some wood to create a motor mount and a good propeller to get it up i the air. Already have the ESC and all the stuff I need to convert it.

Of course I expect the surfer to perform better but after trying this I'm gonna try the 4S setup STAY TUNED
Old Mar 30, 2010, 08:03 AM
" Float On "
Lago Vista TEXAS
Joined Dec 2009
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
RTF or ARF?
AJ
RTF
Sky Surfer RTF with brushless upgrade and extra battery.
JP n Texas is offline Find More Posts by JP n Texas
Old Mar 30, 2010, 01:35 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Ive just prepared the wing dragon .,. I don't expect it to be a vertical "god" but I believe it will fly just fine.
Haven't done any of the aileron/rudder/ elevator mods but the brushless mod is already installed and tested so as the trims on the ground. it's night time here so I will have to wait till tomorrrow I will just see if it can take a 4 cell with the 18amp ESC. If not I will also prepare the 4s setup with the 50amp esc.

EDIT: Just took some measurements with a 4S 2200MAH 20C pack. With stock ESC that is not supposed to be able to do 4s I just measures 13.60amps PEAK at full throttle... Does anybody know if it's safe to use a 4S pack on a 3S ESC if the amps draw is lower than the ESCs
13.6amps @ 221.9watts
Last edited by pavcon; Mar 30, 2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 02:59 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
Ive just prepared the wing dragon .,. I don't expect it to be a vertical "god" but I believe it will fly just fine.
Haven't done any of the aileron/rudder/ elevator mods but the brushless mod is already installed and tested so as the trims on the ground. it's night time here so I will have to wait till tomorrrow I will just see if it can take a 4 cell with the 18amp ESC. If not I will also prepare the 4s setup with the 50amp esc.

EDIT: Just took some measurements with a 4S 2200MAH 20C pack. With stock ESC that is not supposed to be able to do 4s I just measures 13.60amps PEAK at full throttle... Does anybody know if it's safe to use a 4S pack on a 3S ESC if the amps draw is lower than the ESCs
13.6amps @ 221.9watts
That should not be a problem.
AJ
Old Mar 30, 2010, 03:00 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
I just discovered an old brushed wing dragon in a friends warehouse. I didn' tlose time. I just got it and I need a brushless motor mount. I already charged the 11.1 2200mah battery I had and I need the mount to get it in the air. it sure looks a lot like the skysurfer and I'm gonna do some mods on it. Iittend to extend the Ruder, elevator and ailerons. I'm goin to a local hobby shop right now to get some wood to create a motor mount and a good propeller to get it up i the air. Already have the ESC and all the stuff I need to convert it.

Of course I expect the surfer to perform better but after trying this I'm gonna try the 4S setup STAY TUNED
Other than that they are both pushers, I see zero resemblance between the two planes.
AJ
Old Mar 30, 2010, 04:28 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
Other than that they are both pushers, I see zero resemblance between the two planes.
AJ
what does that have to do with my question? Anw, if anybody knows please answer. I'm in the amp limits but I m trying a higher voltage battery. 18 amp esc .. 13.6amp draw at full throttle with my 4S 20C battery. Need to know if it's safe to play with this.