HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 17, 2011, 09:25 AM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
Death Grip makes me laugh!!! James is doing great but has formed new interests girls and his ktm keep him busy!!! Cheap cameras back in stock at HK curious to see how the SS handles the load.

Karl
wow1 is online now Find More Posts by wow1
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2011, 01:31 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
For those interested just received my new camera from HK this one works! I'm working on install of fpv equipment on my SS. I bought the 1500mw system should prove interesting!

Karl
Old Aug 31, 2011, 02:05 PM
United States, WI, Eau Claire
Joined May 2011
1,041 Posts
Was super excited the other day - they were showing in stock! I was leary about ordering from Banana because of their bad reputation, but decided to give them the ol' college try.

Wish I'd never bothered. Just canceled my order after no contact, no emails after order. Asked live chat why my order had not shipped and they told me it was not in stock when I ordered and they had no idea when it would be. Canceled on the spot. Let's see if they can do that right at least.

I'll wait for the BEV FPV ship to come into stock over the winter I guess Was so looking forward to my Sky Surfer
banzi28 is offline Find More Posts by banzi28
Old Aug 31, 2011, 02:05 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
can' t wait for the first test Karl... keep us(me) posted
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Aug 31, 2011, 03:05 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banzi28 View Post
Was super excited the other day - they were showing in stock! I was leary about ordering from Banana because of their bad reputation, but decided to give them the ol' college try.

Wish I'd never bothered. Just canceled my order after no contact, no emails after order. Asked live chat why my order had not shipped and they told me it was not in stock when I ordered and they had no idea when it would be. Canceled on the spot. Let's see if they can do that right at least.

I'll wait for the BEV FPV ship to come into stock over the winter I guess Was so looking forward to my Sky Surfer
Get the Bixler. Same thing and they have it in the USA warehouse

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18083

KMan
kman24 is online now Find More Posts by kman24
Old Aug 31, 2011, 03:41 PM
United States, WI, Eau Claire
Joined May 2011
1,041 Posts
I would, but it's never in stock. I had an order for one for a month and eventually got fed up of waiting.
banzi28 is offline Find More Posts by banzi28
Old Aug 31, 2011, 04:17 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,253 Posts
Quote:
I would, but it's never in stock. I had an order for one for a month and eventually got fed up of waiting.
I see... Well, I don't know how open you are to other planes but if I could recommend an alternative, you could try this one. It isn't as big as the Sky Surfer, but it is nearly as fun. Plus, it is a lot easier to store and transport. I got one of these earlier this year and it is a great little powered glider. The servos can get stripped fairly easily, but replacements are cheap and easy to change. Plus, they are in stock

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17789

KMan
kman24 is online now Find More Posts by kman24
Old Sep 01, 2011, 05:55 AM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,971 Posts
Quote:

Scroll down this page.

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...=index&cPath=1
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Sep 05, 2011, 05:00 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
Hooked up the HK 1500 MW 900MHZ wicked RFI with my stock 2.4 GHZ radio. I'm looking into different types of filters/Chokes I haven't given up yet!!
Old Sep 14, 2011, 05:45 AM
Canada, BC, Burnaby
Joined Oct 2010
247 Posts
Fly by the river with my bixler / sky surfer

Go pro 1080 hd

Hobbyking bixler EPO ARF & Gopro After Work (3 min 19 sec)
Westwood is offline Find More Posts by Westwood
Old Sep 14, 2011, 06:25 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
this go pro camera is really amazig.. nice Flying WW

how did you mount the go pro on the surfer??
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Sep 19, 2011, 06:07 AM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
I would be interested in a go pro but other than their promo video nothing seemed that great. Heres a video I recently took with a 8 dollar key fob cam! Oh yea and as always I didnt bother to change the date Pavcon!!

Bach Bridge 9:6:11 (8 min 59 sec)
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:23 AM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
4,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wow1 View Post
I would be interested in a go pro but other than their promo video nothing seemed that great. Heres a video I recently took with a 8 dollar key fob cam! Oh yea and as always I didnt bother to change the date Pavcon!!

http://youtu.be/m7maZNZXy-k
Lots to see there! Very cool!! Flying over water is always a nice thing to see...Good vid!
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Sep 19, 2011, 02:29 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
Ok so heres one with a flip HD video recorder dont know why its only 480 but quality is slightly better than key fob I guess?!!! Ok just checked now its @720 must be a youtube thing. Rivers not usually so brown but recent flooding took its toll!!

Hudson River S. Troy NY (5 min 16 sec)
Last edited by wow1; Sep 19, 2011 at 02:40 PM.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 09:06 AM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
4,932 Posts
I flew the sky surfer more than anything this weekend! Got a 34 min flight with it and then all the other flights were in the 20 min range. This thing is awesome!! I love it!! Here are some pix from this weekend. I was able to fly with a Pelican too!! Take a look...

gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33