HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 14, 2010, 08:37 AM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
Crash!!!!!

Makes me laugh every time I watch it.

Banana Hobby Sky Surfer CRASH!!!!!! (2 min 44 sec)
wow1 is offline Find More Posts by wow1
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2010, 10:27 AM
Joined Jan 2010
163 Posts
looks better..........

then what mine looked like after i crashed
lars36 is offline Find More Posts by lars36
Old Mar 14, 2010, 02:28 PM
Joined Jan 2008
86 Posts
hey when the battery is in charge mode do you have both red led's solid ? or the one on left blinking then when charged it turns green. mine is blinking, hope its ok its not getting warm or swelling so far any ideas on after market batterys that are plug and play no adding connectors
kaosk is offline Find More Posts by kaosk
Old Mar 14, 2010, 04:34 PM
Joined Jan 2008
86 Posts
yup the battery is toast wont take a charge some snow got on the deans and a slight impact on one of the cells from the washers in the front just ordered a 1600 mah 20c my son flew the blade sr for the first time in hover he was stoked
Old Mar 14, 2010, 06:35 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
hahahahahah.. last seconds... shut off the camera.. ok byyyeeee -->tail
hahaha amazing kid
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Mar 14, 2010, 06:38 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
after my F-22 crashed. I desided to order itas an ARF plane and install the 4S setup of the F22 . It should be very fast on that setup.
Last edited by pavcon; Mar 14, 2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 10:29 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
Are you going to fly it with the stock set up first I think you will be surprised at how well it performs. Am I understanding you correctly? You're going to make an edf out of your sky surfer?? James likes it allot when I crash!!!! Good thing we didn't video the raptor crash the audio would not have been acceptable!!!!
Last edited by wow1; Mar 14, 2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 10:33 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
Do you think the snow was the issue?? When I flew my raptor into the ground at high speed it was packed with snow and luckily no issue. Maybe I'm just lucky, not usually the case though!!! It kind of explains only ten minutes of flight maybe the battery was damaged on the first mishap.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 02:27 AM
Joined Jan 2008
86 Posts
it was either the snow or the small dent in the cell,after the first flight i did notice the battery pretty warm.My new lipo should be here Wednesday im also going to add a piece of foam in front of those washers in the nose.Today i reinforced the nose with strapping tape and epoxy the canopy is alot more snug now so it should not pop off in a small nose in landing
Old Mar 15, 2010, 06:45 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
no.. I'm goanna take the electronics out of the Crashed F22 and install them on the Skysurfer.. a 4s skysurfer .. can you imagine that/?

The F22 took a terrible nose dive. and it was all my fault. you can read the story on the F-22 upgrades thread.. A few minutes ago I started an attempt to repair the NON-repairable F-22 using polyurethan foam. I loved that F-22.

Myittention is to get a new TV F-35. a new F-22 raptor and install the parts that Ive ordered. 3000Mah 30C battery 80 amp ESC 3300KV motor and an ARF sky surfer to install the 4s setup of the F-22(maybe with a different motor) I already have a brand new 3S 2200Mah battery here if the 4s setup won't do the extra electronics will help me to minimize cost on nextorders. I wa advised to get the F4 which looks great and has the same setup but I reall y really want an F 22.. I did 7minutes flights on non-windy days with that. Just get it in the air throttle full back and fly it like a trainer. I just moved the CG and made it too nose heavy and overestimated its ability to lift at low speed... that's why I took that nose dive...

I'm making too many thoughts right now so... We'll see what happens out of my already damaged brain
Old Mar 15, 2010, 04:47 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
UPS just dropped off our second sky surfer took a couple of weeks perfectly acceptable to me. Can't wait to put it together three orders three planes ZERO complaints thanks again BH for yet another great plane at a really great price. Keep up the great work.

Actual customers, Karl & James

James flying and smiling!!
Last edited by wow1; Mar 15, 2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 05:10 PM
BH CSR
Joined Mar 2010
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wow1 View Post
UPS just dropped off our second sky surfer took a couple of weeks perfectly acceptable to me. Can't wait to put it together three orders three planes ZERO complaints thanks again BH for yet another great plane at a really great price. Keep up the great work.

Actual customers, Karl & James
Hi Karl and James!

Glad to hear you have received your sky surfers and are enjoying them! Should you have any questions, concerns, comments, etc feel free to contact me at BHSara09@BananaHobby.com. I'll be more than happy to assist you!

Thank you,

Saralyn C.
Banana Hobby Customer Service
Saralyn C. is offline Find More Posts by Saralyn C.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:47 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
Thanks Saralyn, I've been following your posts, very professional, keep up the great work.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 12:53 PM
Harrisburg PA
Joined Oct 2008
4 Posts
Hi guys, I am new to this forum and the funny things is that I started reading all the postings "after" my Sky Surfer was delayed. Well, I did receive it last week and straight away made some slight mods (I have been flying foamies for a while including the Floater Jet from RC King and a Radian). First of all there's a channel under the fuse running from the vent hole all the way to the tail skid - a 1.8mm carbon rod was epoxied in and a length of fiberglass strapping tape stuck to underbelly.

Flight Report: Finally we had a beautiful morning in the Harrisburg area, 5 mph winds.
The Sky Surfer performed far better than the Floater Jet. Balance was perfect using the stock battery, exceptional climb, great glide. Most of the time I was just floating around with no power. Then it was time to really test it out - loops, inverted, no problem. Rolls are very difficult due the dihedral. And then something I have never been able to do with a foamy on a grass field - touch and go!

Be sure to paint the underside of the wings, under full power this thing can turn into a speck before you know it.
Parinda is offline Find More Posts by Parinda
Old Mar 17, 2010, 03:15 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
What type of paint are you using the apply sand apply sand method is not for me !!!! I was thinking decals.