SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 09, 2011, 09:11 AM
West Texas USA
Joined Mar 2008
662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron RC View Post
Pav, you got lucky. The ARF brushless upgrade does not come with an ESC. But that is typical BH.

Ron
My V2 airframe kit from BEVRC.com did not include a ESC. It did come with a brushless motor.
garymcc is offline Find More Posts by garymcc
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2011, 12:03 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
yes.. My bevrc v2 only includes the motor
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Feb 10, 2011, 03:33 AM
*GRAVITY* I hate it :(
USA, CA, Downey
Joined Jan 2010
433 Posts
dont know

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
well.. Wow-1 got an ESC :/
dunno why you didn't
I really don't know did you buy your SkyS from Banana H.They state on the web page that airframe kit only comes with motor brushed unless you pay for the upgrade 10 bucks for brushless motor.
Sparken57 is offline Find More Posts by Sparken57
Old Feb 11, 2011, 05:18 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,550 Posts
Snow Surfing

I have officially renamed my plane the Snow Surfer

Snow Surfer - Part 1 (3 min 16 sec)

Snow Surfer - Part 2 (3 min 49 sec)

KMan
kman24 is offline Find More Posts by kman24
Old Mar 19, 2011, 11:18 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
My trail of SkyS planes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron RC View Post
Pav, you got lucky. The ARF brushless upgrade does not come with an ESC. But that is typical BH.

Ron
I agree that is the SOP for BH. I was one of the lucky ones from about a year ago. I lucked out and got an RR SkyS. Evidently, they were so desperate to fill orders that they simply took out the xmitter, receiver, and charger. Then, they shipped me what was left - I got all of the ARF (with BL) - all 4 servos - ESC, AND a 1300mah 20C LiPo. It was even marked RTF on the box. So, like I said, I lucked out. I thought my luck would hold, so I ordered another one. It was just an ARF like you described earlier. I ordered the foam parts to build a third plane and to see what just the foam parts come with. Well, there are no push rods, no push rod guides, no control arms, no electronics whatsoever (of course, who would expect any?), and, the big surprise was NO decals on anything. Just imagine -> a naked rudder assembly, a naked elevator assembly, and a naked fuselage. Even at that, I got the canopy with the fuselage then. Now, you have to order the canopy separate. I found out that when the factory ships the fuselage and canopy as a single item. BH splits them out and sells each one separately. Needless to say, my opinion of BH is no so good. On a plus note, though, it seems that recently, the delivery time is pretty speedy. The support is still nearly non existant. BEVRC is where I bought my 4th SkyS and I cannot comment on their customer service because everything arrived quickly and in perfect condition. My guess it that are very good in that department. Oh, quite a bit of time went by before I bought the 4th SkyS and I did that because I wanted a VER.2 and I sold my ARF a few weeks before I bought the V2. I had no intention of owning more than 2 of the SkyS's. But, my addiction took hold of me and I HAD to order one. Ah well, life is good.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Mar 29, 2011, 08:43 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,550 Posts
Well, I went almost a full year without any major crashes with my Sky Surfer and then BAM!!! While out at my in-laws I managed to crash it into a wooden electrical pole. The entire front end of the plane split apart and the motor got knocked out of it's pod Luckily, with the help of modern adhesives and clear duct tape, I got it put back together and was up flying again within an hour. What a tough bird! The decals aren't looking as pretty, but when it is up in the air you don't even notice.

KMan
kman24 is offline Find More Posts by kman24
Old Mar 29, 2011, 09:02 PM
West Texas USA
Joined Mar 2008
662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24 View Post
Well, I went almost a full year without any major crashes with my Sky Surfer and then BAM!!! While out at my in-laws I managed to crash it into a wooden electrical pole. The entire front end of the plane split apart and the motor got knocked out of it's pod Luckily, with the help of modern adhesives and clear duct tape, I got it put back together and was up flying again within an hour. What a tough bird! The decals aren't looking as pretty, but when it is up in the air you don't even notice.

KMan
Those immovable objects show no respect.
garymcc is offline Find More Posts by garymcc
Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:13 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
lol...

this thread didn' tmove for a while

the skysurfer is my so regular plane at the field. I'm going with one or two EDFs and the Skysurfer.

btw.. everybody loves to fly it.. today Ive given it 3 flights and some other guys drained another 4 packs for me

everybody wants one now.. it's becoming so popular.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 07:07 PM
USA, NY, Endicott
Joined Oct 2010
227 Posts
Hi, I am a newbee & very interested in purchasing the Sky Surfer V2 plane for my grandson & me to fly together. I would like to buy it from BEVRC and get the V2 model. A few questions though:
  • 1. Is this a brushless motor version for $43.99 or is that an upgrade
    2. Does the plane come with all the servos connected for all (speed, elevator, rudder & ailerons) controls
    3. Is a battery included
    4. Any guess when they will you have planes to ship
    5. How long will it take to ship to New York, USA and
    6. What size 4 channel receiver can I put into the plane?? I have a DX7 radio & would put a 4 channel Spektrum receiver in it.
    7. With the brushelss option from BEVRC, does it include an esc. If not, what ESC should I put in it??

Has anyone created a list of what you need to purchase (& from where) and modifications needed to make this plane fly with a Spektrum DX7 radio??

Thank you for any help you can give me. As I indicated, I have watched some videos of this plane & believe it would be a good starter plane for me and my grandson.
Ron
Papo_60 is offline Find More Posts by Papo_60
Old Apr 27, 2011, 07:53 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papo_60 View Post
Hi, I am a newbee & very interested in purchasing the Sky Surfer V2 plane for my grandson & me to fly together. I would like to buy it from BEVRC and get the V2 model. A few questions though:

Has anyone created a list of what you need to purchase (& from where) and modifications needed to make this plane fly with a Spektrum DX7 radio??

Thank you for any help you can give me. As I indicated, I have watched some videos of this plane & believe it would be a good starter plane for me and my grandson.
Ron
I think we just made that list....
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Apr 28, 2011, 09:49 AM
USA, NY, Endicott
Joined Oct 2010
227 Posts
Sky Surfer Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
I think we just made that list....
Gene, thanks for all the great info. However, I must say (for a newbee) that getting the kit & building the plane basically from scratch is a little over whelming. At the same time, if I buy a RTF plane & want to use my DX7 radio, I believe all I will need to replace is the receiver...., right? Maybe I could sell the receiver & radio that comes with the plane, seems like a real waste.

A few concerns/questions with the kit version I still have would be; 1) the servos look rather big, will the plane need to be altered to use them, 2) Would I need to purchase the rods & connecting hardware for the elev.,Rud, etc., 3) How about the connectors between receiver & servos, esc and from esc to motor; do they need to be changed? 4) How to mount AR6110, will mods to the plane be needed??

Wish there was a BNF version of this guy... Again, thanks for all your help....
Ron
Papo_60 is offline Find More Posts by Papo_60
Old Apr 28, 2011, 05:01 PM
*GRAVITY* I hate it :(
USA, CA, Downey
Joined Jan 2010
433 Posts
R R Easy *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papo_60 View Post
Gene, thanks for all the great info. However, I must say (for a newbee) that getting the kit & building the plane basically from scratch is a little over whelming. At the same time, if I buy a RTF plane & want to use my DX7 radio, I believe all I will need to replace is the receiver...., right? Maybe I could sell the receiver & radio that comes with the plane, seems like a real waste.

A few concerns/questions with the kit version I still have would be; 1) the servos look rather big, will the plane need to be altered to use them, 2) Would I need to purchase the rods & connecting hardware for the elev.,Rud, etc., 3) How about the connectors between receiver & servos, esc and from esc to motor; do they need to be changed? 4) How to mount AR6110, will mods to the plane be needed??

Wish there was a BNF version of this guy... Again, thanks for all your help....
Ron
Here you go a easy* receiver ready out of stock now but they refill stock fairly fast.best price anywhere use coupon code [bestservice]for 10% off.great shipping prices too.almost forgot the link
http://www.dealomite.com/craft-hobby...RR-Version-ARF

Ken OOps! wrong plane What was I thinking but the Easy* is a nice beginner plane.
Sparken57 is offline Find More Posts by Sparken57
Last edited by Sparken57; Apr 28, 2011 at 10:00 PM. Reason: correcting
Old Apr 28, 2011, 05:49 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
on another update Ive recently enlarged my SSs rudder and also increased the movement to 125% for some knife edge action if possible.. will report tomorrow of the results
Old May 17, 2011, 01:51 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
Hey Everybody, good to see the threads still going
wow1 is offline Find More Posts by wow1
Old May 17, 2011, 04:23 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
yeah havent post much after i got this plane but its my everyday flyer backyad flyer ccall it whatever you want. You can do all kinds of mods on it. I cant wait to build my next one because summer is comming to cyprus and this next one is gonna have... Floats