SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 15, 2010, 07:12 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garymcc View Post
Here is a link to a guy flying a brushed Sky Surfer from Banana H.
and exactly at 7.19 not enough power to pull up.. :/
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2010, 12:19 PM
Columbus, GA
Joined Oct 2010
65 Posts
I was able to cancel the order and I turned around and ordered the RTF with the brushless motor.
D0Z3R is offline Find More Posts by D0Z3R
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:01 AM
i Like RC
Manitoba, Canada
Joined Oct 2010
172 Posts
I ordered my Sky Surfer brushless from BH on Dec 2 and it just arrived at my post office in Canada Dec 15. Will need to pick it up tomorrow !
Weekend Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Weekend Flyer
Old Dec 17, 2010, 09:12 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
happy flying . weekend is already round the corner :P
Old Dec 17, 2010, 02:06 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
The change won't happen with BH

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0Z3R View Post
do you know of someone i can contact to change the order? It just got updated that it will ship in 2 or 3 days...
That is the big problem with BH - Customer Service. It is nearly non-existent. You have absolutely NO CHANCE whatsoever of changing your order. That would require them to work slightly outside the box. But, the good news is that the SkyS flies fairly well with the brushed motor and the 7.4v LiPo. I have one SkyS with over a hundred flights on it with a brushed motor. It is stock except for the safety changes that are necessary for the health of the plane. You might take a few minutes and review the following page for recommended mods to keep you out of trouble. Also, you might want to join that thread too because it has all the necessary information to REALLY have fun with the SkyS safely. We don't do stock over there except for the maiden flight. I am sure you will find it interesting. At any rate, read all of Page #1. The information there is very useful. If you have any questions, please post them over in that thread. We are there to help you..
Here it is:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1231310
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Dec 18, 2010, 10:18 AM
Columbus, GA
Joined Oct 2010
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
That is the big problem with BH - Customer Service. It is nearly non-existent. You have absolutely NO CHANCE whatsoever of changing your order. That would require them to work slightly outside the box. But, the good news is that the SkyS flies fairly well with the brushed motor and the 7.4v LiPo. I have one SkyS with over a hundred flights on it with a brushed motor. It is stock except for the safety changes that are necessary for the health of the plane. You might take a few minutes and review the following page for recommended mods to keep you out of trouble. Also, you might want to join that thread too because it has all the necessary information to REALLY have fun with the SkyS safely. We don't do stock over there except for the maiden flight. I am sure you will find it interesting. At any rate, read all of Page #1. The information there is very useful. If you have any questions, please post them over in that thread. We are there to help you..
Here it is:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1231310
AJ

Well i contacted their live chat and they quickly canceled my order and i was able to order the RTF with the BL option.

It has shipped already and should be here by Thursday just in time with Christmas. I just hope nothing is damaged.

On i am reading through the the entire mod thread which is great. Im currently on page 102 lol but i already have everything ready to use the 3m mini hooks mod for the wings. I already bought the suggested control horns and also bought a roll of the 3M extreme tape which was crazy expensive.

I cant wait to put it together
D0Z3R is offline Find More Posts by D0Z3R
Old Dec 18, 2010, 10:33 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0Z3R View Post
Well i contacted their live chat and they quickly canceled my order and i was able to order the RTF with the BL option.

It has shipped already and should be here by Thursday just in time with Christmas. I just hope nothing is damaged.

On i am reading through the the entire mod thread which is great. Im currently on page 102 lol but i already have everything ready to use the 3m mini hooks mod for the wings. I already bought the suggested control horns and also bought a roll of the 3M extreme tape which was crazy expensive.

I cant wait to put it together
good choice
Old Dec 26, 2010, 09:24 AM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
Merry belated Christmas to everyone, still enjoying and flying my Sky Surfers FPV stuff arrived no time to play with it yet. My 90mm f22 arrived on time and made a welcomed addition to my fleet of planes.
wow1 is offline Find More Posts by wow1
Old Dec 26, 2010, 09:31 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
90mm from Flyfly???
btw the surfer is now a must at the airfield... when is relaxing time I fly the surfer...
Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:00 AM
West Texas USA
Joined Mar 2008
662 Posts
BEVRC v2 SkySurfer in stock.

BEVRC.com has announced the SkySurfer v2 is back in stock.
garymcc is offline Find More Posts by garymcc
Last edited by garymcc; Dec 28, 2010 at 11:28 AM.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 12:58 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
question.. does BH upgraded brushless arf come with esc?
Old Dec 28, 2010, 06:36 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
question.. does BH upgraded brushless arf come with esc?
No, just the motor and the propietary motor mount. This is the ESC I am using in mine and it has held up extremely well. I like the fact that it has two heat sinks. It stays cool inside the Sky Surfer electronics compartment.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/30a-electr...o-series-.html

KMan
kman24 is online now Find More Posts by kman24
Old Dec 28, 2010, 08:17 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,469 Posts
Quote:
Whenever I go to their website and click on "Airplanes" my web browser times out. Is their website jacked up or is it my computer?
kman24 is online now Find More Posts by kman24
Old Dec 28, 2010, 09:24 PM
West Texas USA
Joined Mar 2008
662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24 View Post
Whenever I go to their website and click on "Airplanes" my web browser times out. Is their website jacked up or is it my computer?
I had problems with their site earlier in the day. I just tried the site and it worked for me.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 11:15 AM
West Texas USA
Joined Mar 2008
662 Posts
Quote:
Looks like the price has gone up by $US4.00.