HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 04, 2010, 02:14 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,298 Posts
Yeah, but when snow has been around for awhile and it gets that crusty layer on top, it makes for a good runway for takeoff and landing.

KMan
kman24 is offline Find More Posts by kman24
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2010, 01:24 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
lol 30degrees celsius here while in the rest of europe is snowing..
we are still in Summer...
send some of your snow though.. we need to melt it because our water supplies are draining out
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Dec 05, 2010, 06:41 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
It's 28f and flurries here. James and I still have to get our firewood so I'm hoping the snow holds off for a bit longer. Ordered up one of those 90mm f18s on the black Friday sale, been wanting one for awhile. Also the FPV stuff I ordered 3 months ago from HK is on its way finally. We'll be setting up one of the Sky Surfers for that should prove interesting!

I should mention I notice BH bashing on some of the threads. So if anyone is wondering my order shipped on time and is in transit. Several of my friends have ordered and received their Sky Surfers as well. Starting with my first order last Christmas "Raptor F22" which I still have and fly with all stock components my experience continues positive.

Karl
wow1 is offline Find More Posts by wow1
Last edited by wow1; Dec 05, 2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old Dec 05, 2010, 10:11 PM
i Like RC
Manitoba, Canada
Joined Oct 2010
169 Posts
I bought my P51 ShangriLa from BH in September 2010. First time I have ordered from BH although weary from the customer service reviews. It arrived in good shape and without major problems. The bonus training video was missing. I sent BH emails but no reply. I tried the online chat and got someone with attitude but he did ship me a CD which didn't have a training video but rather some very poor quality videos of planes flying around. I have had the opportunity to try the online chat asking about parts but they said they don't provide any technical info. All I wanted to know was whether the receiver in the Skysurfer was compatible with the transmitter from the P51. I tried emails but no useful replies were received.
As long as my orders are problem free I will likely be happy with the BH products since they do have good prices. But deep down I already know that their service is problematic just from my limited interactions. My Skysurfer should be at customs by now. Hopefully it arrives OK. I guess its like playing Russian Roulette.
Weekend Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Weekend Flyer
Old Dec 07, 2010, 07:49 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
I think you will receive a plane that exceeds your expectations. As for radio compatibility I have no clue. The fact that the customer service is less than stellar at times I believe is greatly due to the fact that you point out prices are great plane design and style are by far top notch bottom line IMO you get planes that are awesome at a price that makes the rc hobby attainable by regular guys. So when forming an opinion about BH I think you need to factor all of this in. In a perfect world I'd be rich with a full group of super models catering to all my needs, reality I'm not rich and no super models bottom line I do as much as I can for my son and I on a limited budget. BH has made fun affordable for us and they have my continued support! My recommendation to you is email the new csr Nancy directly with your concerns this has proved to be the most effective way to get results. Most importantly don't forget to have fun life is way way to damn short!!!!!!!!! My final thought and I have to remind myself constantly as well if my biggest problem is related to my foam toy my life is exceptional!!!!

PS my 90mm f18 is going to be here tomorrow can't wait to buzz the neighbors!!!

Lovin Life!!
Karl&James
wow1 is offline Find More Posts by wow1
Last edited by wow1; Dec 07, 2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 02:21 PM
Columbus, GA
Joined Oct 2010
65 Posts
I just ordered the rtf SkyS from banana hobby yesterday.

Do you guys know when I can expect it to ship? I live in GA, do you think it will get here in time for Christmas?
D0Z3R is offline Find More Posts by D0Z3R
Old Dec 14, 2010, 03:11 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
I just hope you ordered it with the Brushless upgrade option
Old Dec 14, 2010, 07:35 PM
Columbus, GA
Joined Oct 2010
65 Posts
no i didnt all stock...
Old Dec 14, 2010, 07:37 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
too bad. you will need that extra push. :/
Old Dec 14, 2010, 07:57 PM
Columbus, GA
Joined Oct 2010
65 Posts
so it doesnt fly right with the brushed motor? Or just doesnt have that extra push like the BL?

I'm fairly new to the RC world, only have a champ and a corsair and wanted something that has good flight characteristics plus ailerons.

Down the road i do plan to swap the ESC, receiver and upgrade to a BL but kinda wanted to spend as less as possible right now.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 08:09 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
personally I evn find that the brushless should be a little more powerfull.. more power = easiest getaway out of trouble

Brushless upgrade is a must for this plane even for a beginner.. that's my opinion.. if you still can change the order to BL
Old Dec 14, 2010, 08:17 PM
West Texas USA
Joined Mar 2008
662 Posts
Brushed SkyS

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0Z3R View Post
so it doesnt fly right with the brushed motor? Or just doesnt have that extra push like the BL?

I'm fairly new to the RC world, only have a champ and a corsair and wanted something that has good flight characteristics plus ailerons.

Down the road i do plan to swap the ESC, receiver and upgrade to a BL but kinda wanted to spend as less as possible right now.
Here is a link to a guy flying a brushed Sky Surfer from Banana H.
garymcc is offline Find More Posts by garymcc
Old Dec 14, 2010, 08:37 PM
Columbus, GA
Joined Oct 2010
65 Posts
do you know of someone i can contact to change the order? It just got updated that it will ship in 2 or 3 days...
Old Dec 14, 2010, 08:47 PM
West Texas USA
Joined Mar 2008
662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0Z3R View Post
do you know of someone i can contact to change the order? It just got updated that it will ship in 2 or 3 days...
You might try the customer service email or get a phone number and call.
I have never dealt with Banana. There are plenty of threads here that deal with their products.

The stock SkyS brushless motor shipped with my kit is very smooth and reasonably powerful. Climb out is roughly 45 degrees. I have nearly 20 flights on my SkyS and I like it.
garymcc is offline Find More Posts by garymcc
Old Dec 15, 2010, 07:10 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garymcc View Post
You might try the customer service email or get a phone number and call.
I have never dealt with Banana. There are plenty of threads here that deal with their products.

The stock SkyS brushless motor shipped with my kit is very smooth and reasonably powerful. Climb out is roughly 45 degrees. I have nearly 20 flights on my SkyS and I like it.
try online chat.. it's better.. be alittle patient though.. you might get delayed answers.. be sure to have 15-25 mins time