Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
You won't be sorry.
wow1 is offline Find More Posts by wow1
Old Feb 28, 2010, 06:52 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
Finally stopped snowing, flew the sky surfer for a good 20 minutes on one charge it continues to impress.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 08:19 PM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wow1 View Post
Finally stopped snowing, flew the sky surfer for a good 20 minutes on one charge it continues to impress.
Excelent
KCV6 is online now Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Mar 01, 2010, 04:10 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
20 minutes on 1 charge??? stock battery ?
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Mar 01, 2010, 06:10 PM
Micro Man!
Joined Dec 2009
490 Posts
If we are talking beginner planes, no question in my mind that the PZ Vapor is the best. Flies its self.

My vapor isn't in the air these days, but once i get a new prop for it it will be flying around my house every day. Its a plane that you never really grow out of. You can fly it all around the house. Rainy day, fly the vapor inside!

Good luck to your son, hope he can pick it up and enjoy the hobby.
Microflyyer is offline Find More Posts by Microflyyer
Old Mar 01, 2010, 07:27 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
My son has already flown it no problem I like the plane so much I just ordered another for myself. Yes I flew it for twenty minutes on one charge with stock battery I was shocked as well. Nothing got hot everything seems happy including the guy who bought it!! Maidened my f22 today it now needs a new nose cone!!!! But flew fantastic as well. For those wondering they fly quite well without the nose cone!!! Pilot ejected safely but seems really POed!!!!
Old Mar 01, 2010, 08:02 PM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,878 Posts
I bet the lad is having a ball with it. Great to see your son getting so involved wow, as a dad you must be pretty stoked

Mark
Old Mar 01, 2010, 08:54 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
We built this thing together, flew it together,fixed it together,and when I get mine we will have two in the air at the same time. Awesome fun for not so much money this plane is a huge value for the bucks. Karl & James very satisfied customers indeed!! Stoked you bet!!!!
Old Mar 02, 2010, 06:36 AM
Atlanta, GA
Joined Jan 2010
8 Posts
Gentlemen, if you do purchase the plane, make sure that you check to make sure everything is working correctly before flying it. Mine came with a bad ESC and BH will not replace. I love the plane, but I was on with customer-no-service last night for almost 2 hrs and they told me it was operator error. This is unfortunate as I was one of the first planes they received and they won't back up their product.

My problem I found was that when the throttle was turned up, as in to launch, the minute you touched the aileron, elevator or rudder, the throttle would cut off. Just make sure you don't have that problem. I don't want anyone to crash and BH to tell you the problem is operator error.

Happy Flying.
cavy92 is offline Find More Posts by cavy92
Old Mar 02, 2010, 06:45 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
sounds like a Bec problem check your connections again..

This is too weird
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Mar 02, 2010, 12:47 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
Sorry to here about your trouble. The one we received is the brushless model which has performed without issue. As far as getting through on the phone I used the local number and got someone very quickly. I would give it one more shot perhaps you got a new bee on the phone. Worst case you buy a speed controller. If it's just about the flying I'd just buy one and get back in the sky I think they are really pretty inexpensive. Also I got a quick response sending a pm via this chat group.
Old Mar 07, 2010, 03:35 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
Well what a fantastic weekend for rc planes my Raptor and my sons sky surfer both flew great. No electronic troubles nothing negative to report, just two great planes and lots of fun. Hope this type of post is allowed, is anyone out enjoying this hobby besides us I hope so. One more thing the sky surfer attracted five rather large turkey buzzards James had a blast they flew with the sky surfer for quite awhile pretty cool!!!
Last edited by wow1; Mar 07, 2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old Mar 08, 2010, 12:37 AM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wow1 View Post
Well what a fantastic weekend for rc planes my Raptor and my sons sky surfer both flew great. No electronic troubles nothing negative to report, just two great planes and lots of fun. Hope this type of post is allowed, is anyone out enjoying this hobby besides us I hope so. One more thing the sky surfer attracted five rather large turkey buzzards James had a blast they flew with the sky surfer for quite awhile pretty cool!!!
LOL, I was demonstrating my Lama 400 to my Nephew on Saturday when I clipped a tree and the inner shaft (has about 15 hours on it) snapped and the top rotor set parted ways with the rest of the Helicopter. LOL controlled crash followed.

Good to hear James is having fun. Whats going to be his next venture?

Mark
Old Mar 08, 2010, 09:04 PM
Joined Jan 2008
86 Posts
did the rtf box come with glue ? If not what kind of glue do you need is it something i can get at a hardware store should get mine in a few days it shipped today i got it for me and my 12 year old son to learn on
kaosk is offline Find More Posts by kaosk