HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 20, 2010, 07:01 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
You got me I am being compensated by BH. The compensation works like this for every time I send BH 129.00 they mail me an awesome plane that flies without modification LOL!!! To answer one of the other questions I posted this again so potential rc people can see that this plane can will and does fly without any mods or upgrades. To me that's the real beauty of this package. This plane is targeted at beginners mods, upgraded radio equipment, seeking out experienced or expert help assembling can sometimes be a turn off to people thinking about a getting into a new hobby. So while ajs initial review was informative I thought it really was easily misunderstood by anyone without rc experience. Hope this clears things up for everyone again sorry you took this personally aj. One thing I think we all agree on is this plane is just fun to fly. I also think guys like aj who really spend a great deal of time effort and money on these planes have some wisdom to offer all of us.However they need to remember were not all in the same boat when it comes to time and money. BH making fun Affordable for families like mine!!

Thanks, Karl
wow1 is offline Find More Posts by wow1
Last edited by wow1; Apr 21, 2010 at 04:50 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2010, 09:11 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
Hey Bajora, just watched your video nice flying and even better job with the video.

Karl
Old Apr 20, 2010, 09:45 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,287 Posts
Woohooo! Just got my plane this evening and it looks amazing. I got the ARF kit version with the brushless upgrade. Plane came free of damage and it looks like it is complete. This is my first ever kit plane that I have ever got. My other 3 planes were either RTF or PNP (plug and pray). I like that they included the control rods for both the rudder and elevator, but there are none for ailerons as mentioned by others. They did supply and install the aileron servo wire extensions in the wings (yeah!). The small box contains the motor (brushless) with mount, one prop, and 2 control horns. Apparently, the control roads and horns for the ailerons are not included. Oh, and yes I got a bag of washers too I may need the washers in fixing my mower this weekend. Haha!!!

Looks like I need to make my grocery list for my local hobby shop and pick up a few things. I don't plan on straying from the original setup, other than the fact that I plan on buying a new radio system to try on this plane. I have 2 radio tx/rx's that I have on my other planes that are much like the ones that you get with the SkyS RTF package. But, I think I am ready to jump into the realm of an intermediate programmable radio system. I have looked at and researched them all pretty much and will have to decide here soon. I'll keep you posted.

KMan

PS - GOT MY FREE BLITZ RC WORKS NECKSTRAP TOO!!! HOPE IT WORKS WITH MY NEW RADIO.
kman24 is online now Find More Posts by kman24
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:50 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
Hey Kman, Glad to hear all went well with your order. I've ordered a arf as well to possibly build a super sky surfer!!! Or maybe just use it for parts. Keep us posted on the components you decide on using and what you end up with for a total cost, unfortunately that plays a big role in my hay field flying!! Really would like one of those JR6xi radios I think that's what it's called anyway. Looks like about 200.00 to buy that radio with a receiver. Thanks for the washer comment LOL!!!!

Karl
Old Apr 21, 2010, 06:47 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24 View Post
Woohooo! Just got my plane this evening and it looks amazing. I got the ARF kit version with the brushless upgrade. Plane came free of damage and it looks like it is complete. This is my first ever kit plane that I have ever got. My other 3 planes were either RTF or PNP (plug and pray). I like that they included the control rods for both the rudder and elevator, but there are none for ailerons as mentioned by others. They did supply and install the aileron servo wire extensions in the wings (yeah!). The small box contains the motor (brushless) with mount, one prop, and 2 control horns. Apparently, the control roads and horns for the ailerons are not included. Oh, and yes I got a bag of washers too I may need the washers in fixing my mower this weekend. Haha!!!

Looks like I need to make my grocery list for my local hobby shop and pick up a few things. I don't plan on straying from the original setup, other than the fact that I plan on buying a new radio system to try on this plane. I have 2 radio tx/rx's that I have on my other planes that are much like the ones that you get with the SkyS RTF package. But, I think I am ready to jump into the realm of an intermediate programmable radio system. I have looked at and researched them all pretty much and will have to decide here soon. I'll keep you posted.

KMan

PS - GOT MY FREE BLITZ RC WORKS NECKSTRAP TOO!!! HOPE IT WORKS WITH MY NEW RADIO.

if your neckstrap is not compatible go post a complaint just kidding.. happy flying mate
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Apr 21, 2010, 04:04 PM
" Float On "
Lago Vista TEXAS
Joined Dec 2009
104 Posts
Mainly for parts and a back up I have ordered a Sky Surfer ARF w/ brushless upgrade and a couple of servos. Not without a hassle and some complications I am getting a SS wing spar and control rods. Let's see, ordered today should get it about next Tuesday. I will post when I get it and the condition it arrives in.
If my free neckstrap is not compatible I am going to post a complaint just kidding..
JP n Texas is offline Find More Posts by JP n Texas
Old Apr 21, 2010, 04:16 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
Hey JP, Looks like your still having fun!!!
Old Apr 21, 2010, 06:51 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2008
118 Posts
[QUOTE=JP n Texas;14910471 Let's see, ordered today should get it about next Tuesday. I will post when I get it and the condition it arrives in.
I

Veeery Interesting JP,

I ordered the same ARF w/ brushless upgrade on Monday the 19th and next
day received a notice of order cancellation due to no stock until late May.
And now you order one today, one day later, with no problems. Most
curious. After 40 min of fruitless phone hold for a sales person to clarify, I gave up.
The good news is that they canceled the charge on my Paypal account
when they canceled the order, but I still don't know and can't find out
if the plane is still avail. in one of its other versions. Way to go, BH

GeneH
Alpha35 is offline Find More Posts by Alpha35
Old Apr 21, 2010, 07:19 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
Hey Alpha, try sending Saralyn C. an email she's a first class CS rep for BH and will get answers to your questions in short order. BHSara09@BananaHobby.com.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 07:47 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wow1 View Post
Hey Kman, Glad to hear all went well with your order. I've ordered a arf as well to possibly build a super sky surfer!!! Or maybe just use it for parts. Keep us posted on the components you decide on using and what you end up with for a total cost, unfortunately that plays a big role in my hay field flying!! Really would like one of those JR6xi radios I think that's what it's called anyway. Looks like about 200.00 to buy that radio with a receiver. Thanks for the washer comment LOL!!!!

Karl
Don't worry, I am on a budget too (family guy). I am trying to get as much bang for the buck that I can. Fortunately, there are a lot of radio systems out for people like us and I just want to do a little more research on which one fits my needs. There is a lot of information on other RCGroup threads that is available. Plus, I want to visit my local hobby shop to see what they have available/recommend.

More to come...
kman24 is online now Find More Posts by kman24
Old Apr 22, 2010, 02:52 AM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP n Texas View Post
I guess I didn't know tip stalling was the wing tips. Duh!
I am meaning more of porpoising. The nose rises and then the plane stalls and it noses down.
I can cut power on the T-Hawk and it just stays stable with all but zero air speed. A lot of lift but no nosing down diving unless I reallly try and force it up with no power.
The SS rises it's noise and the falls. I have tried trimming it down a bit but it doesn't seem to help much.
So I need to keep my air speed up and or adjust my CG?
Post your question in the SkyS-Mods thread. You will likely get an answer there.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Apr 22, 2010, 03:10 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
[QUOTE=Alpha35;14911661][QUOTE=JP n Texas;14910471 Let's see, ordered today should get it about next Tuesday. I will post when I get it and the condition it arrives in.
I

Veeery Interesting JP,

I ordered the same ARF w/ brushless upgrade on Monday the 19th and next
day received a notice of order cancellation due to no stock until late May.
And now you order one today, one day later, with no problems. Most
curious. After 40 min of fruitless phone hold for a sales person to clarify, I gave up.

GeneH[/QUOTE]

Akpha .. if you read other ppls posts sometimes when they ordered the ARF they were receiving the RTF version minus the Rx/Tx

So BH MOST propably was trying to keep customers happy by converting ARF to RTF andvice versa...

That leads ME to the conclusion that no other version is available.. actually those are just thoughts and nothing more...
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Apr 22, 2010, 03:17 AM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha35 View Post

GeneH
See post #39 HERE.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Apr 22, 2010, 03:42 AM
Joined Apr 2010
9 Posts
Pavcon i ordered my skysurfer arf with the bl upgrade on monday the 19th and i got an email yesterday that said it was shipped and then i checked my tracking number for ups and it says it should arrive on tuesday the 27th so that is very weird that they told you it was out of stock
sniklac is offline Find More Posts by sniklac
Old Apr 22, 2010, 03:54 AM
Joined Apr 2010
9 Posts
mistake on last comment it was the rtf not the arf
sniklac is offline Find More Posts by sniklac