HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 05, 2010, 06:42 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
could keep the plane flying straight(correct upcourse or down course whenever you let the sticks) or could autocorrect the roll...

Not exactly autopilot cause a complete autopilot for R/Cs is already out there
Consider it as an assistance that will make a good plane fly better.. but what the heck. with some planes it's not that necesarry .. especially this one which is not that fast.
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2010, 08:50 AM
Joined Dec 2007
1,062 Posts
Never mind. Figured it out.
Brian_ is offline Find More Posts by Brian_
Last edited by Brian_; Apr 12, 2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old Apr 05, 2010, 09:27 AM
" Float On "
Lago Vista TEXAS
Joined Dec 2009
104 Posts
Is the 2.4 radio already bound to the reciever on the Sky Surfer RTF?
JP n Texas is offline Find More Posts by JP n Texas
Old Apr 05, 2010, 09:46 AM
Crashasaurus Dumbthumus
USA, MN, Apple Valley
Joined Dec 2008
1,506 Posts
I ordered the $44.90 airframe and paid $10 for the brushless upgrade.

Wow1- I want to put a gyro in to see how much it helps in really windy conditions, and also for stability for on board videos. Just something else to try out.
road_rascal is offline Find More Posts by road_rascal
Last edited by road_rascal; Apr 15, 2010 at 12:17 AM.
Old Apr 05, 2010, 04:48 PM
BH CSR
Joined Mar 2010
413 Posts
Hello All!

I hope everyone had a great Easter holiday! Just to clear up some confusion regarding the 50mm EDF Jets, the ARF kits should include:

The Airframe
The EDF

All servo's and batteries will not be included unless added under the parts page. If you ordered an ARF kit and received a battery and servo's installed... lucky you!

Thank you,

Saralyn C
Banana Hobby
Saralyn C. is offline Find More Posts by Saralyn C.
Last edited by Saralyn C.; May 06, 2010 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Updated Information
Old Apr 05, 2010, 05:32 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
I want to be lucky to!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey JP the one that came in my sons' was. Can't be sure if mine will be or not the receiver turned up missing!!! Hate it when that happens. Maybe I threw it out with the box no brain no pain. Why does it hurt so much??!!!!!
wow1 is offline Find More Posts by wow1
Last edited by wow1; Apr 05, 2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old Apr 05, 2010, 11:42 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wow1 View Post
Keeps the plane level right?? Auto pilot??
You really have to put in a pitch gyro to experience all that it does. I have used over 20 of them on various planes. The first thing it is NOT is an auto pilot. Its primary purpose to to smooth out the various ups and downs ("literally") of flying. It has many other uses though.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Apr 05, 2010, 11:43 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
There's only the $44.90 airframe only version and the RTF, with no versions in between, correct? So you're saying the "airframe only" version came with a brushless motor and ESC?

And with the $100 RTF, you have to pay $30 extra to upgrade to brushess motor and ESC.
Thanks. I couldn't figure out exactly how to ask that very question. I think he got lucky. Oops, just read it. He did. It reads like he was sent an RTF without the radio and receiver (and probably the charger).
AJ
Last edited by ajbaker; Apr 05, 2010 at 11:55 PM.
Old Apr 05, 2010, 11:57 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saralyn C. View Post
Just to clear up some confusion regarding the 50mm EDF Jets, the ARF kits should include:

The Airframe
The motor
The ESC
The EDF
Thanks for clearing that up. But, what specifically is included with the ARF "Sky Surfer" with brushless upgrade? Brushless ESC?
AJ
Old Apr 06, 2010, 02:34 PM
Pile it in!
Kalamazoo Mi
Joined Sep 2009
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsu tigers View Post
the hobbyzone super cub is in my opinion the easiest plane to learn to fly with....super stable, slow flying, and very durable.....and parts for it are everywhere... and after getting use to it, can do some mild arobatics....
Bs buy a Easystar. The supercub is not without it flaws. The fact that it leaves little room to upgrade is sad. I will agree the Supercub is easy to fly but why not just get something that is just as good if not better and can be turned into a hotliner if one so desires. I dislike parkzones way of not trully making a ""hobby quality" product but more of a throwaway plane. That is of course my 2 cents.
Dannyrevs is offline Find More Posts by Dannyrevs
Old Apr 06, 2010, 02:40 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
EZ* is the same as SkySurfer right?
Old Apr 06, 2010, 02:54 PM
" Float On "
Lago Vista TEXAS
Joined Dec 2009
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
Very similar but different manufactures / different planes. Do a search. I think there is a thread Sky Surfer is it a EZ Copy?
JP n Texas is offline Find More Posts by JP n Texas
Old Apr 06, 2010, 03:34 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
whatever it is.. it's the same thing I think.. even wingspan and length are exactly the same correct?
Old Apr 06, 2010, 03:45 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
Yes. It is a clone (length is a bit different). I hope it flies exactly the same so I can recommend them to the newbees on the EZ* thread as a cheaper option.
AJ
Old Apr 06, 2010, 04:23 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
AJ, This plane just about flies itself very little input required once trimmed. As far as what you get with the arf I'm thinking plane and motor only the other guy hit the lucky lottery. The autopilot thing was a joke by the way. Do any of you guys or girls have one of the small video cameras and if so what kind and how much.

Also contacted BH about the receiver I may or may not have lost and a replacement on its way. I offered my credit card but they told me it was under warranty not bad. This will be my fourth business transaction with them and nothing but positive for me.
wow1 is offline Find More Posts by wow1
Last edited by wow1; Apr 06, 2010 at 04:28 PM.