SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 04, 2010, 06:22 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAGI CRAZEE View Post
Guess what? they are going to make me pay to return the ESC Very POOR customer service!!!!! I have probably just bought my last plane from Nitroplanes
Well, I had to pay for the return of an item back to HobbyPartz which is really NitroPlanes so, there is nothing new here!

If you deal with Horizon Hobby then, that's a totally different story! Horizon has sent me via mail a shipping label.

Just different outfits.
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2010, 07:40 PM
United States, MN, Maplewood
Joined Jul 2003
225 Posts
yeah, i have dealt with Horizon before, never had any problems with them they have excellent customer service,
ZAGI CRAZEE is offline Find More Posts by ZAGI CRAZEE
Old Mar 04, 2010, 07:50 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,741 Posts
Sold Out Again

Today, Nitroplanes sold out of the Skybus/DC-3 again. No idea how long until they restock.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy8931-skybus-rtf.html

Tony
xplaneguy is offline Find More Posts by xplaneguy
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 04, 2010, 07:59 PM
Flick lives
beautiful, picturesque Southern New Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2008
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAGI CRAZEE View Post
Guess what? they are going to make me pay to return the ESC Very POOR customer service!!!!! I have probably just bought my last plane from Nitroplanes
Hey, Zagi Crazee... I've ordered from Nitroplanes/Xheli dozens of times over the past 2 years. I'm in communication with them about this group and your issue, so if you don't mind giving it one more day, let's see if they respond and make good on the shipping.
BH
BladeHead is offline Find More Posts by BladeHead
Old Mar 04, 2010, 08:17 PM
Joined Jul 2003
225 Posts
Hey BH i already sent out the esc, it was only 2.58 so it didn't break the bank, but it's the idea of it, all of the other places i deal with in this hobby, and there are a lot of them, have always paid for return shipping, besides it is going to take them another 5-10 days just to "process" this problem,once they receive it, that is just that much more time that the DC-3 sits on my bench and is not in the air, what they should do is send the new one immediately. instead of making me wait until they get the other one, now that they are out of stock again, who knows if i will even get the esc for awhile, i didn't even see a parts list for this plane............ Zagi
Old Mar 04, 2010, 08:19 PM
Joined Jul 2003
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy View Post
Today, Nitroplanes sold out of the Skybus/DC-3 again. No idea how long until they restock.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy8931-skybus-rtf.html

Tony
you will here this........We shall restock in 4-6 weeks........LOL
Old Mar 04, 2010, 08:49 PM
Joined Jul 2003
225 Posts
I was just on line with them, and guess what i got the magic answer.....4-6 weeks HAHA, also asked where on the site i could get parts for the skybus, he never gave me an answer!
Old Mar 05, 2010, 05:33 AM
Flick lives
beautiful, picturesque Southern New Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2008
474 Posts
DC-3, C-47 News from AOPA.org

AirVenture to feature 40 DC-3s, C-47s

By Alton K. Marsh

If you happen to be at EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh on July 26 youll get to see the loose formation arrival of an expected 40 Douglas DC3 and C47 aircraft, led by a modern U.S. Air Force C17 and three of the DC3s.

The celebration, organized by a group called The Last Time, will assemble during the weekend of July 24 and 25 at Rock Falls, Illinois. It is expected to be the largest formation of DC3s and their military counterparts since World War II. On D-Day the aircraft were part of an aerial armada totaling 11,000 aircraft.

The Last Time is an organization created for the sole purpose of reuniting flying examples of the Douglas DC3 and the people associated with them, for one last time. The goal of the organization is to celebrate this aircraft and its people.

AOPA link: http://www.aopa.org/aircraft/article...WT.mc_sect=gan
BladeHead is offline Find More Posts by BladeHead
Last edited by BladeHead; Mar 05, 2010 at 05:47 AM.
Old Mar 05, 2010, 01:38 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeHead View Post
AirVenture to feature 40 DC-3s, C-47s

By Alton K. Marsh

If you happen to be at EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh on July 26 youll get to see the loose formation arrival of an expected 40 Douglas DC3 and C47 aircraft, led by a modern U.S. Air Force C17 and three of the DC3s.

The celebration, organized by a group called The Last Time, will assemble during the weekend of July 24 and 25 at Rock Falls, Illinois. It is expected to be the largest formation of DC3s and their military counterparts since World War II. On D-Day the aircraft were part of an aerial armada totaling 11,000 aircraft.

The Last Time is an organization created for the sole purpose of reuniting flying examples of the Douglas DC3 and the people associated with them, for one last time. The goal of the organization is to celebrate this aircraft and its people.

AOPA link: http://www.aopa.org/aircraft/article...WT.mc_sect=gan
BladeHead-Thanks for the heads up about this event. It looks like I'm headed to Rock Falls, Il. this July. I wouldn't want to miss this gathering of DC-3s.

Best,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2010, 02:03 PM
It's Not Too Windy...Man Up
USA, CT, Wallingford
Joined Oct 2009
1,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000 View Post
Well, I had to pay for the return of an item back to HobbyPartz which is really NitroPlanes so, there is nothing new here!

If you deal with Horizon Hobby then, that's a totally different story! Horizon has sent me via mail a shipping label.

Just different outfits.

I have to pay to return the defective 2.4 GHZ transmitter that came with my Airfield Giant P51D. I'm swapping it out for Futaba FASST so I don't plan on using this TX anyway, but I am giving it to my kid for one his RC projects. It's annoying receiving defective junk and then being inconvenienced due to poor quality control.

I was going to buy this Skybus but am having second thoughts, based on some of the initial reports. I think I'll wait for the ariframe only version because I am getting tired of paying for junk motors, esc's and useless electronics.
ALL American is offline Find More Posts by ALL American
Old Mar 05, 2010, 03:10 PM
Joined Jul 2003
225 Posts
Skybus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALL American View Post
I have to pay to return the defective 2.4 GHZ transmitter that came with my Airfield Giant P51D. I'm swapping it out for Futaba FASST so I don't plan on using this TX anyway, but I am giving it to my kid for one his RC projects. It's annoying receiving defective junk and then being inconvenienced due to poor quality control.

I was going to buy this Skybus but am having second thoughts, based on some of the initial reports. I think I'll wait for the ariframe only version because I am getting tired of paying for junk motors, esc's and useless electronics.
That probably won't happen seeing that they do not even carry parts for this plane, i just got done talking with a rep..............no parts.......nice!! Zagi
Old Mar 08, 2010, 07:09 PM
United States, CT, Guilford
Joined Nov 2008
1,420 Posts
mine arrives tomorow. thinking i'll hook up everything to make sure it all works, then break out the paint cans.

tony....did you ever finish painting your gun ship?
rob737 is offline Find More Posts by rob737
Old Mar 08, 2010, 07:37 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,741 Posts
rob-Still on hold due to the high winds and rain. Needless to say, it's been frustrating. I've been assembling other aircraft till the weather improves. You may have yours finished before I do.

Best,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 08, 2010, 11:01 PM
Joined Mar 2010
5 Posts
Received my dc-3 today and got it a assembled ready to fly tomorrow :}
djman is offline Find More Posts by djman
Old Mar 08, 2010, 11:49 PM
Australia, WA, Midland
Joined Jul 2007
223 Posts
yeah looking forward to seeing these painted birds, i have been on to a local seller here in NZ and he says that he will have them in a few months, so that gives me time to save up and see what mods you guys do
but in the mean time i have been playing with my christmas present from the mrs FSX and got these shots while flying
happy flying

Pommie
pommie is offline Find More Posts by pommie
Last edited by pommie; Mar 08, 2010 at 11:50 PM. Reason: missed words