HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2010, 05:21 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Morgan View Post
I am doing that on mine as well. I bought the reverse rotation props to go with the standard rotation props. Probebly will not make much of a difference, its just the cool factor. All you have to do is reverse two of the motor wires on the motor you want to reverse. BTW, I got my kit today and I must say that the quality is alot better than I was expecting.
Scott- Glad to see you received your bird. Will you be posting the results from your wattage tests with the 3 Balde props?

Regards,
Tony
xplaneguy is offline Find More Posts by xplaneguy
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2010, 06:46 PM
North Carolina
Joined Sep 2003
2,252 Posts
Yes, will take several days, but I will post for sure. I have 2 other airframes Im finishing up on then I'm going to assemble the DC-3 and shoot a little paint on her. Should'nt take but a few hrs.
sj3cub is offline Find More Posts by sj3cub
Old Mar 02, 2010, 07:27 PM
United States, CT, Guilford
Joined Nov 2008
1,422 Posts
ok, friends.....i'm in! just placed my order. i am really excited for this one, as the dc3 has always been a favorite of mine. i am thinking i'll do the traditional olive drab over gull grey paint scheme. i am going to email callie graphics right now to see what they can do as far as some scale decals. i am looking forward to seeing all of the different ways that this plane is being dressed up. hoping for lots of pictures!

rob
rob737 is offline Find More Posts by rob737
Old Mar 02, 2010, 08:59 PM
Flick lives
beautiful, picturesque Southern New Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2008
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob737 View Post
ok, friends.....i'm in! just placed my order. i am really excited for this one, as the dc3 has always been a favorite of mine. i am thinking i'll do the traditional olive drab over gull grey paint scheme. i am going to email callie graphics right now to see what they can do as far as some scale decals. i am looking forward to seeing all of the different ways that this plane is being dressed up. hoping for lots of pictures!

rob
Great Rob! Maybe one of these days, we Right Coast guys can get our "Goonie Birds" together for a grand fly-in. I can't say this enough...Wait until u see how she flies.
BladeHead is offline Find More Posts by BladeHead
Old Mar 02, 2010, 09:21 PM
Joined Nov 2008
1,422 Posts
thanks! i am really excited for it's arrival. i watched your vid and the one from nitro last night, it really looks like it flys great (and leaps and bounds better than the first dc3 i tried). thinking it will arive next week sometime....

edit: check this out, fellows...i was hunting around for paint/decal schemes and i found this. my dad didn't fly the dc3, but he got hired into the old convairs when he started there in the mid 60's. isn't this a beauty!
Last edited by rob737; Mar 03, 2010 at 12:25 PM.
Old Mar 03, 2010, 02:20 PM
United States, MN, Maplewood
Joined Jul 2003
228 Posts
dynam dc-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Morgan View Post
Yes, will take several days, but I will post for sure. I have 2 other airframes Im finishing up on then I'm going to assemble the DC-3 and shoot a little paint on her. Should'nt take but a few hrs.
21 amps with stock props ran it up today
ZAGI CRAZEE is offline Find More Posts by ZAGI CRAZEE
Old Mar 03, 2010, 03:54 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,894 Posts
rob- Nice Braniff scheme!

Zagi-Thanks for the info.

I'm currently on hold with painting my AC-47 due to high winds. I paint outside to keep the overspray off everything in the garage. I really need a paint booth!

Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 03, 2010, 05:50 PM
Joined Jul 2003
228 Posts
Dynan dc-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy View Post
rob- Nice Braniff scheme!

Zagi-Thanks for the info.

I'm currently on hold with painting my AC-47 due to high winds. I paint outside to keep the overspray off everything in the garage. I really need a paint booth!

Tony
I am having a problem with the motors, one is tighter than the other when you hook up the battery, so it has un even torque which results in plane spinning around on ground, when you pull the battery off, it seems to be normal again, any ideas on what is causing this?
Old Mar 03, 2010, 06:47 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAGI CRAZEE View Post
I am having a problem with the motors, one is tighter than the other when you hook up the battery, so it has un even torque which results in plane spinning around on ground, when you pull the battery off, it seems to be normal again, any ideas on what is causing this?
Is the battery fully charged? Are the motors spinning the same direction? Are the ESCs connected right to the motors? Just trying to eliminate potential issues.

Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 03, 2010, 07:31 PM
Joined Jul 2003
228 Posts
when i put the esc on to the other motor the same thing happened to that motor,battery was at full and wires are correct, when i put the "good" esc on each motor it worked fine on both it seems that something is going on with the esc, thanks for the reply....
Old Mar 03, 2010, 08:53 PM
Central Ohio
Joined Apr 2009
215 Posts
I had to order one of these myself today after reading this thread. Looks like a great plane for the money! Can't wait! How fast does Nitro usually ship these out?
fotowiz is offline Find More Posts by fotowiz
Old Mar 03, 2010, 09:04 PM
Joined Jul 2003
228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotowiz View Post
i had to order one of these myself today after reading this thread. Looks like a great plane for the money! Can't wait! How fast does nitro usually ship these out?
about a week
Old Mar 03, 2010, 09:06 PM
Joined Nov 2008
1,422 Posts
i ordered mine last night, it will be here tuesday, a week exactly.
Old Mar 03, 2010, 09:15 PM
Flick lives
beautiful, picturesque Southern New Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2008
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAGI CRAZEE View Post
when i put the esc on to the other motor the same thing happened to that motor,battery was at full and wires are correct, when i put the "good" esc on each motor it worked fine on both it seems that something is going on with the esc, thanks for the reply....
Zagi Crazee,
Contact Nitroplanes. I've had good experience with Nitroplanes/Xheli customer service in the past. It wouldn't hurt to point out this discussion group to them...I'm sure we're all interested in hearing how it goes.
BladeHead is offline Find More Posts by BladeHead
Old Mar 03, 2010, 10:26 PM
North Carolina
Joined Sep 2003
2,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeHead View Post
Zagi Crazee,
Contact Nitroplanes. I've had good experience with Nitroplanes/Xheli customer service in the past. It wouldn't hurt to point out this discussion group to them...I'm sure we're all interested in hearing how it goes.
Very interested in the outcome as well. I had a feeling this DC-3 would catch on. It looks and flies too good not to. We owe it all to Bladehead for the first post and review. Thanks!
sj3cub is offline Find More Posts by sj3cub