HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2012, 08:59 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2010
735 Posts
DC-3 Pictures....

These are some pictures that were taken a week ago at the Apollo RC park in Encino, CA.

My friend, Ken Simmons was able to capture some fantastic shots of the Dynam DC-3 in flight.

Check out those moon shots!
pilot40874 is offline Find More Posts by pilot40874
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:33 PM
United States, WV, St Albans
Joined Jun 2011
1,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot40874 View Post
These are some pictures that were taken a week ago at the Apollo RC park in Encino, CA.

My friend, Ken Simmons was able to capture some fantastic shots of the Dynam DC-3 in flight.

Very nice. The moon shots are cooler than the other side of the pillow!

Jim
WVrailfan is offline Find More Posts by WVrailfan
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:49 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot40874 View Post

Jim,

Thanks for posting these stunning photos of my Dynam C-47. I look forward to thanking Ken personally next time I see him.

All the best,
Tony
xplaneguy is offline Find More Posts by xplaneguy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 80mm F-86
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:41 AM
Joined Feb 2010
1,672 Posts
fantastic photos
Doushiyou12 is online now Find More Posts by Doushiyou12
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:24 AM
ARMY Flyer
Joined Sep 2012
63 Posts
Im thinking about Getting this plane i was wondering about flight times with the 2200 battery
also if any oe has had any problems
Kafie is offline Find More Posts by Kafie
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:31 AM
Joined Jun 2011
1,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafie View Post
Im thinking about Getting this plane i was wondering about flight times with the 2200 battery
also if any oe has had any problems
I have two. They are great flying planes. You do have to get accustomed to their ground handling, but it's not a big deal IMHO.

I set my timer for six minutes with a 2200 and have plenty of battery left in the event I need to go around a time or two on landing. I generally put back about 1300 after a 6 minute + flight. I have also flown it for 10 minutes on a 2650 a couple of times. I fly scale like, around 1/2 throttle, with a WOT pass or two for fun.

Jim
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:51 AM
ARMY Flyer
Joined Sep 2012
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVrailfan View Post
I have two. They are great flying planes. You do have to get accustomed to their ground handling, but it's not a big deal IMHO.

I set my timer for six minutes with a 2200 and have plenty of battery left in the event I need to go around a time or two on landing. I generally put back about 1300 after a 6 minute + flight. I have also flown it for 10 minutes on a 2650 a couple of times. I fly scale like, around 1/2 throttle, with a WOT pass or two for fun.

Jim
How Big is the battery Compartment Is there room for bigger batteries how much Give Room do you have on COG any pictures of the inside battery compartment
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:33 PM
Joined Jun 2011
1,627 Posts
Quote:
How Big is the battery Compartment Is there room for bigger batteries how much Give Room do you have on COG any pictures of the inside battery compartment
I like my planes a bit nose heavy so I have added some weight to mine. The battery compartment seems to have been designed with 2200 3 cell batteries in mind. I have several from different makers and they all fit with a little room to move them for or aft if you feel the need.

The 2650 fits snuggly and gives pretty good flight time, not sure why you would need a bigger battery than that.

I guess you could trim out some foam if you want to run a 3300 or something like that.

Jim
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:02 PM
ARMY Flyer
Joined Sep 2012
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVrailfan View Post
I like my planes a bit nose heavy so I have added some weight to mine. The battery compartment seems to have been designed with 2200 3 cell batteries in mind. I have several from different makers and they all fit with a little room to move them for or aft if you feel the need.

The 2650 fits snuggly and gives pretty good flight time, not sure why you would need a bigger battery than that.

I guess you could trim out some foam if you want to run a 3300 or something like that.

Jim
Thanks
thats what i was thinking a 3000 ish MAH for 10-15 min Flight times
i think that this wi be my next plane when i get hoe from this deployment
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:46 PM
Joined Jun 2011
1,627 Posts
Quote:
Thanks
thats what i was thinking a 3000 ish MAH for 10-15 min Flight times
i think that this wi be my next plane when i get hoe from this deployment
Where are you?

Jim
Old Dec 07, 2012, 04:39 AM
ARMY Flyer
Joined Sep 2012
63 Posts
Afghanistan
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:22 AM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
1,872 Posts
Quote:
I'm running 3000/20C in mine and they fit and balance well.
flyinwalenda is online now Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:30 AM
Joined Jun 2011
1,627 Posts
Quote:
Afghanistan
Keep your head down and stay safe over there. If you run into a fella by the name of Rick Brown from Zion, IL, smack him on the back of the head for me, tell him I said "Hi." We're cop car racing buddies.

You'll love the DC-3 when you get it. They are great little flyers right out of the box, or you can mod them easy if you like.

Jim
Old Dec 07, 2012, 02:10 PM
ARMY Flyer
Joined Sep 2012
63 Posts
I always keep my head down and stay safe my wife makes me promise every night haha

How long of flight times do you get with the 3000

Im Hoping to Have it waiting for me when i get home plane for it is 3000 MAH battery Bomb Drop , and Flaps hopefully
Old Dec 07, 2012, 02:50 PM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
1,872 Posts
With the 3000's I'm not sure how long they will last but I come in around 10-11 min and they were down to about 40%. I fly it as close to scale as I can and don't push it.
flyinwalenda is online now Find More Posts by flyinwalenda