HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 16, 2010, 09:21 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob737 View Post
i did not know you were in the service, tony.....THANK YOU! i would like to grab another one of these too! not sure what i'd do with it...but i have several ideas already. that says a lot about a plane when we want extras. wifey said "maybe" to going with me tomorrow, if she does i'll try to get some inflight pics.

thanks for the availability updates!
Thanks Rob! Yeah...I'm an Air Force Master Sergeant with 21 years of service. My daughter will be 11 years old next month and I've raised her completely on my own. During the week, the job, house and daughter keep me busy. Getting on RC Groups at night is my break time!

I look forward to the pics. Thanks for your support and friendship!

Best,
Tony
xplaneguy is offline Find More Posts by xplaneguy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 80mm F-86
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2010, 01:30 PM
United States, CT, Guilford
Joined Nov 2008
1,419 Posts
thank you for the same!

well, it looks like i have a bad esc as well. i called nitro and got ahold of somebody quite easally. they said they would look into it, see if the part is available, etc. so, we'll see. in the meantime, i want to get the plane back in the air. i have a few extra 30 amp esc's in my parts box, any problem with just using one of those? or, do i need two of the exact same esc's to make sure the motors run the same? i would welcome any advice on this one! if you guys don't think it would be a problem, i can have this plane back on flight status in just a few minutes.

thanks for the help! rob
rob737 is offline Find More Posts by rob737
Old Mar 17, 2010, 03:55 PM
North Carolina
Joined Sep 2003
2,196 Posts
Rob, I'm no expert, but I would think you would want to use two identical controllers of the same amperage. Seems like their would be too many variables involved with two different makes and amps. Just my thoughts. I don't think their would be problems getting them to run, I just think you would be opening up a can of worms of the unknown.
Scott
sj3cub is offline Find More Posts by sj3cub
Old Mar 17, 2010, 04:28 PM
Joined Nov 2008
1,419 Posts
thanks, scott....that's pretty much how i feel. but, i hate to see this plane sit in pieces until nitro sends(?) a replacement. probably the safest thing to do, however.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 05:48 PM
United States, MN, Maplewood
Joined Jul 2003
192 Posts
dynam dc-3

So Rob, what kind of problem are you having with your ESC? i got new ones coming for mine, they are in El Monte cali at this time so still a couple days out, so get on them so you can get yours, mine has already been down for more than 2 weeks!!! Zagi
ZAGI CRAZEE is offline Find More Posts by ZAGI CRAZEE
Old Mar 17, 2010, 06:04 PM
Joined Nov 2008
1,419 Posts
that's a bummer, zagi! glad your new parts are almost there. one of my motors just sputters a bit, and does not arm when the plane is powered up (no tones).
Old Mar 17, 2010, 07:54 PM
Joined Jul 2003
192 Posts
Dynam dc-3

hey rob, did you put the motor that sputters onto the "good' ESC to see if it is not a motor problem?, my ESC had the brake "locked" on one of the ESC'S so one motor did not spin up correctly, so my bird sat on the ground and cut donuts! because of the uneven torque..........Zagi
Old Mar 18, 2010, 02:22 AM
Joined Mar 2010
220 Posts
If anyone can answer this for me. What size is our brushless motors??
sh1bby69 is offline Find More Posts by sh1bby69
Old Mar 18, 2010, 06:18 AM
Joined Jul 2003
192 Posts
Dynam DC-3

They are 1100kv..... Zagi
Old Mar 18, 2010, 09:46 AM
Joined Nov 2008
1,419 Posts
hey guys...i got my dc3 running again. i was bumming that it was going to be down so i tore it apart last night, trying to look for clues. i found them. on the bad esc i found one of the barrels where the motor leads plug in loose. i pressed on the others and another one popped off of the board! not sure how this happaned? poor quality control? maybe my fault when i pranged it in that first time? either way, it's fixed and ready to go! taking he out today. i have had a bit of a rough start with this one, most of it self inflicted! oh well, learning a lot which makes it worth it. looking forward to some great flying with it today! i'll notify nitro and cancell my service request too.

mr. bladehead: although the stock connectors look like horizon ec3 connectors they in fact are not...they don't work with eachother. if you want more batts you'll most likely have to switch over to deans (i just did this too).
Old Mar 18, 2010, 10:14 AM
Central Ohio
Joined Apr 2009
210 Posts
Got mine watted, weighted, and balanced. 258 watts on 3S2200 25C lipo, so it should fly! I had to add 2.5 ounces of weight to the nose to balance properly, but I probably have more epxoy holding the tail on than most of you, and I changed out the plastic tailwheel for a rubber with aluminum hub. If the weather stays like it is today, and the wind stays down, could be a maiden in the works for this afternoon!!
fotowiz is offline Find More Posts by fotowiz
Old Mar 18, 2010, 10:26 AM
Joined Nov 2008
1,419 Posts
awesome! post a flight report if you can! mine goes up for a "remaiden" today, too.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 11:57 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob737 View Post
hey guys...i got my dc3 running again. i was bumming that it was going to be down so i tore it apart last night, trying to look for clues. i found them. on the bad esc i found one of the barrels where the motor leads plug in loose. i pressed on the others and another one popped off of the board! not sure how this happaned? poor quality control? maybe my fault when i pranged it in that first time? either way, it's fixed and ready to go! taking he out today. i have had a bit of a rough start with this one, most of it self inflicted! oh well, learning a lot which makes it worth it. looking forward to some great flying with it today! i'll notify nitro and cancell my service request too.

mr. bladehead: although the stock connectors look like horizon ec3 connectors they in fact are not...they don't work with eachother. if you want more batts you'll most likely have to switch over to deans (i just did this too).
rob-Glad to see your DC-3 is running again! Mine will be on hold since I'll be at RC X in Pomona, CA this weekend.

If any of you are in SoCal this weekend, come check out the RC X event! My daughter and I will be hanging out at the Banana Hobby booth with our friend Pete .

http://www.rcx.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?si...29F95CB56E5D04

Best,
Tony
xplaneguy is offline Find More Posts by xplaneguy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 80mm F-86
Old Mar 19, 2010, 04:31 AM
Gistel, Belgium
Joined Mar 2004
572 Posts
We have seen some great images here of the dc-3's , and the paint jobs are truly magnificent , but I had hoped to see some more videoclips of this nice looking plane after 17 pages of thread ...

Anyone married to a genuine mrs Spielberg and ready to take some more footage ?
guy5927 is offline Find More Posts by guy5927
Old Mar 19, 2010, 12:37 PM
Joined Mar 2010
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy View Post
rob-Glad to see your DC-3 is running again! Mine will be on hold since I'll be at RC X in Pomona, CA this weekend.

If any of you are in SoCal this weekend, come check out the RC X event! My daughter and I will be hanging out at the Banana Hobby booth with our friend Pete .

http://www.rcx.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?si...29F95CB56E5D04

Best,
Tony
Tony my my friend, my gf and i are heading out on Sunday.
sh1bby69 is offline Find More Posts by sh1bby69