HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 04, 2012, 02:43 PM
Joined Jul 2008
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahawk47 View Post
Csad,

Not sure about free shipping. I'd go to their facebook page and watch the discussions. Grayson Hobby sells the Dynam also but not sure if they have the same deal as NP. Their shipping is normally pretty low.

Hope you can find the ultimate deal on the DC-3 ! If I start surfing, I'm bound to buy something. Help me !

Just ran across a F9F Panther 64mm for $69.00 from Value Hobby.

-Hawk
Hawk,

I am not baited by EDFs... yet. I know they are much more difficult to fly and if I got one it wouldn't last long haha.

Coulton
Csad is offline Find More Posts by Csad
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2012, 01:27 AM
Gentlemen, start your engines.
Australia
Joined Jun 2011
1,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csad View Post
Hawk,

Does NP have the $100 free shipping yet or are they still trying to get the 35k likes? Once they get that shipping I will make my order. I have heard they props break frequently due to low clearance so I'll be getting a few extras. I will get two 2600 mAh batteries and also a $20 FPV camera so I can post vids.
Props here $2.80 free shipping, same as their Dynam Catalina prop. There is very little clearance and hard arrival can cause a propstrike in grass without tipping.
http://www.pw-rc.com/index.php/cPath/133

Otherwise probably the most stable twin I've ever seen.
skymaxy is online now Find More Posts by skymaxy
Old Jul 05, 2012, 11:17 PM
Joined Jul 2008
71 Posts
Purchased!

$84+$13 S&H from NP

$20 FPV camera, 3 Props (Because I go through them like crazy) and 2 2650 mAh 20C lipos from HP

So excited!
Old Jul 06, 2012, 12:47 AM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,666 Posts
Csad,

Happy for you ! Sounds like a pretty darn good deal too. Have to keep this bird on my bucket list. Gotta love these twins. Double the fun. I'll be looking forward to flight report and maiden video.

Best of luck !

Hawk
dahawk47 is online now Find More Posts by dahawk47
Old Jul 06, 2012, 05:39 PM
United States, NC, Rocky Mt
Joined Oct 2003
1,109 Posts
So I have delved into the world of twins and have a fairly mistreated C-47 I am doing the DC-3 con. to. Anyone know how much weight this plan can handle before she is useless. I have had to do some serious sanding..poly...paint to her. I am getting nervous never having flown this plane before the mods started wondering about whats the average weight minus battery.
P-51 flyby is offline Find More Posts by P-51 flyby
Old Jul 06, 2012, 05:48 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Jan 2006
176 Posts
Mine weighs 38 ounces less the battery. I also have two flap servos and painted it with generic Lowes spray paint over the entire airplane.
bettsmums is online now Find More Posts by bettsmums
Old Jul 07, 2012, 10:51 AM
Why Yes I Fly!
United States, IA
Joined Oct 2009
161 Posts
MY skybus had a bad wreck and since it does not land well on grass any way I will be taking the guts out of it and putting them into a scrathcbuilt

R.I.P.
Rest in Pieces
schroeder4 is offline Find More Posts by schroeder4
Old Jul 09, 2012, 09:46 PM
United States, NC, Rocky Mt
Joined Oct 2003
1,109 Posts
Ok so my well worn C-47 is slowly making its way into being a DC-3. I have some questions. What is the max. weight anyone has gotten this bird in the air with. Also what is the most simplistic flap mod for this plane and how affective is it. Since I have no manual I need to know the CG and what those limits are...thanks in advance. I will be writing a blog about the convertion if anyone is interested. I will be ordering my graphics and also which tires are better the Dave Brown treaded 2.5 or he Dubro treaded 2.5?
P-51 flyby is offline Find More Posts by P-51 flyby
Old Jul 15, 2012, 02:32 PM
Joined Jul 2008
71 Posts
Silly question, but how do you take off the battery compartmental foam? Is it magnetized? I just got the C47 version, but I can't get the nose cone off. I think the paint might have dripped and that is what is sticking to the nose cone, but I want to just make sure I am pulling it off the right.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:08 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csad View Post
Silly question, but how do you take off the battery compartmental foam? Is it magnetized? I just got the C47 version, but I can't get the nose cone off. I think the paint might have dripped and that is what is sticking to the nose cone, but I want to just make sure I am pulling it off the right.
Grab the front windshield and lift up. 2 pairs of magnets hold it down. The rear of the piece is tucked under the roof.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Old Jul 15, 2012, 06:10 PM
United States, WI, Fond du Lac
Joined Sep 2008
1,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51 flyby View Post
........ Also what is the most simplistic flap mod for this plane and how affective is it.........
Here's how I did mine:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=627

Very effective and worthwhile. The only problem with the stock Skybus is a high landing speed. Be careful how much deflection you use. It's easy to slow it down enough that you lose the aileron authority you need to handle turbulence.
pmullen503 is online now Find More Posts by pmullen503
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:15 PM
Joined Jul 2008
71 Posts
First flight went awesome! Quick question, I was using a 2650 mAh sky battery. I flew for ~5 minutes, mostly on half throttle. When I landed I checked the battery power left and it said only 6% "juice" left (using the hk-010). I have heard flight times last around 10 minutes. Any ideas?
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:39 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,495 Posts
Csad, How new is the battery? You need to break them in slowly to get longer flight times.
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:46 PM
Joined Jul 2008
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
Csad, How new is the battery? You need to break them in slowly to get longer flight times.
Gotcha... it is brand new.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 09:29 PM
Flick lives
beautiful, picturesque Southern New Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2008
473 Posts
Csad, congrats on the maiden! I get about 6 minutes flying time on my Skybus batteries... get a couple of extras so you can swap out lipos and keep flying.
BladeHead is offline Find More Posts by BladeHead