HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 07, 2012, 09:47 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2006
538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofgas View Post
nevermind i got it to work, im an idiot! I do have 1 question though, when its powered up one aileron is sticking up a little, do you just loosen one set screw and bring it down and tighten it or is there something else?
Yes just adjust with that set screw just make sure your trims are all at center and servo arms at 90 degrees and your good to go.
helichoper is offline Find More Posts by helichoper
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2012, 09:56 PM
United States, WI, Fond du Lac
Joined Sep 2008
1,678 Posts
Quote:
nevermind i got it to work, im an idiot! I do have 1 question though, when its powered up one aileron is sticking up a little, do you just loosen one set screw and bring it down and tighten it or is there something else?
Yes. With your radio controls and trims centered, adjust each pushrod so it's control surface is centered. Make sure you check your CG (balance point) with your battery in place. The plane should balance at 65mm back from the wing's leading edge. That's a little nose heavy but a good place to start. Slide the battery forward or back (or add some weight if you need to) to get it to balance at that point.

The stock Skybus glides like a brick so figure out the minimum throttle it needs to maintain level flight (do this high up!) and try to keep it above that speed when you approach for your first landing. Other than a fairly fast minimum speed, it has no bad habits.

Another thing, before you fly it, hold it straight up and apply throttle. Make sure one side isn't obviously pulling harder to one side. If it is, check your props to make sure both are on correctly.
pmullen503 is online now Find More Posts by pmullen503
Old Jun 09, 2012, 12:09 AM
Joined May 2012
15 Posts
flew it for the first time tonite and what a blast. I was actually shaking on the first flight cause I didnt know what to expect. The plane handles real well and just like everyone said its definatly a glider. One question I do have is about flight time. I set my timer for about 5min that way i could land saftely without running out of battery. What kind of flight times are you getting out of you batteries. I have the stock battery and 2 30c 2200mah batteries as well. Ive been flying it so far and about 50% throttle. Is it possable to get around 10min out of the battery saftely or am I going to have to get a battery with more capacity?
outofgas is offline Find More Posts by outofgas
Old Jun 09, 2012, 12:14 AM
Joined May 2012
15 Posts
One other question, I see that grayson hobby has a replacement wing set for the skybus in stock but not the c47(out of stock), are these wings the same, im thinking of ordering a spare set just in case.
Old Jun 09, 2012, 03:13 PM
United States, WI, Fond du Lac
Joined Sep 2008
1,678 Posts
Quote:
I set my timer for about 5min that way i could land saftely without running out of battery. What kind of flight times are you getting out of you batteries. I have the stock battery and 2 30c 2200mah batteries as well. Ive been flying it so far and about 50% throttle. Is it possable to get around 10min out of the battery saftely or am I going to have to get a battery with more capacity?
I run for 8 min with the stock set up and 2200mAH batteries. I come down with about 3.7V/cell. I mostly cruise at about 1/2 to 2/3 throttle.

An inexpensive volt meter like this is a wise investment. I never fly to LVC and get good longevity from my batteries. Measure your battery after each flight and adjust your timer accordingly.
pmullen503 is online now Find More Posts by pmullen503
Old Jun 15, 2012, 05:12 PM
Gentlemen, start your engines.
Australia
Joined Jun 2011
1,507 Posts
Skybus maiden in 15 MPH gusty wind.

My friend intended to fly Three circuits and land but after getting hit by Rotor from an Upwind hill quickly changed his mind and decided to land immediately. A real Dak Kacker.

Despite being hit by a couple of nasty lumps on approach he maintained a little power and said, "It landed itself."

DC3 Maiden Flight (0 min 58 sec)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaS06nnEkTs&feature=plcp
skymaxy is offline Find More Posts by skymaxy
Last edited by skymaxy; Jun 16, 2012 at 06:06 AM.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 06:02 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2011
1,507 Posts
Last edited by skymaxy; Jun 17, 2012 at 12:15 AM.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 07:36 AM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
1,862 Posts
Quote:
One other question, I see that grayson hobby has a replacement wing set for the skybus in stock but not the c47(out of stock), are these wings the same, im thinking of ordering a spare set just in case.
The wings will fit either model. They are the same plane.
flyinwalenda is offline Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:11 PM
Joined May 2012
15 Posts
Well, I had my first pretty rough landing tonite. I came in with not quite enough speed and one of my motors actually came off the wing. Would it be alright to use 2 part epoxy to put it back on? Looks like the glue just let go on it, theres not a whole lot of foam that actually broke off maybe just a sliver thats stuck to the motor mount. Otherwise I really love this plane, it flies so nice and gets a lot of looks!!
Old Jun 19, 2012, 05:22 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2011
1,507 Posts
Quote:
Well, I had my first pretty rough landing tonite. I came in with not quite enough speed and one of my motors actually came off the wing. Would it be alright to use 2 part epoxy to put it back on? Looks like the glue just let go on it, theres not a whole lot of foam that actually broke off maybe just a sliver thats stuck to the motor mount. Otherwise I really love this plane, it flies so nice and gets a lot of looks!!
I havent got your plane but I know its a good one. Its not uncommon for inadequate amount of factory glue to be the cause of this, it happened on my FW190 there was so little glue on my loose firewall that you could barely see it.

Yes pour plenty of Epoxy around the contact points and it should be fine.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 09:58 AM
Joined Jul 2008
71 Posts
Dynam C-47

Hey all,

First of all Happy 4th!

I have been reading up on the C-47 since I am thinking about purchasing it. So far I have flown a Hobbyzone Champ, Airfield Skytrainer and a Parkzone P-51D. I feel like I have mastered all of these planes (landings are a little scary sometime though ). Looks like you guys love this plane a ton. Would you suggest getting this as a first dual prop plane? Do you think I have enough experience for it?

I have been looking at a fairly cheap foamy to fly that has decent power and is decently sized. The reason for this is I live in a rather windy area and my 800mm Parkzone gets tossed around with light wind. Ever since I saw the Dynam C-47 (DC-3) I have loved the way it looks and it seems from reading you guys the performance is something to love too.

What makes me want to pull the trigger and buy it is the fact that it is on $89 for the ARF version on NP and is the cheapest ARf for the size of the plane. I have a Spektrum dx5e that I will use on this plane and I am thinking about going with a 2500-2600 mAh battery pack. What do ya'll think? Doooo it?
Csad is offline Find More Posts by Csad
Old Jul 04, 2012, 10:45 AM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,625 Posts
Csad,

What the heck ? If you want it, buy it! I have had basically same progression with th HZ SC, AF-C182, PZ T-28, then several scratchbuilt pusher (prop in the slot) park jets (These parkjets have really improved my flying skills). Two PNP 50mm skyangel edf's(T-45/F-16)

It's also windy here in North Texas and the parkjets and edf's do a good job in the breeze. My first twin is actually a converted $9.95 Titan Airhog glider with twin eflight 66mm edf's and electric retracts. Have a Durafly DH-88 Comet on order from HK. First time I bought a plane with no reviews. Being an early adaptor. 1120mm WS Twin, counter rotating props, electric retracts, etc.$ 119.00 Another adventure to support the addiction. Someone help me !

Always heard good things about the Dynam Goonie and a reason I follow this thread. At $89.00? and spare parts readily available? Sounds pretty hard to beat. NP may have a free shipping deal when you get to $100. Add a battery?

Making me itchy ! LOL

Good Luck,

Hawk
dahawk47 is online now Find More Posts by dahawk47
Old Jul 04, 2012, 11:40 AM
Joined Jul 2008
71 Posts
Hawk,

Does NP have the $100 free shipping yet or are they still trying to get the 35k likes? Once they get that shipping I will make my order. I have heard they props break frequently due to low clearance so I'll be getting a few extras. I will get two 2600 mAh batteries and also a $20 FPV camera so I can post vids.
Csad is offline Find More Posts by Csad
Old Jul 04, 2012, 12:14 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csad View Post
I have heard they props break frequently due to low clearance so I'll be getting a few extras.
There is plenty of clearance for the props. People break them because, as with all tail draggers, if you land on a bumpy surface and don't give it full up elevator as soon as it slows down, it will do an "endo". If you do an endo with the power on, you'll break props. Same goes if you try to drive it across the grass or take off on grass. It noses over and digs the prop into the ground. Gotta learn to power off quickly if it start to go over. Get it going quickly with full up elevator till it starts to roll well. I fly off gravel and bumpy grass. Haven't broke a prop on mine yet. If you fly off smooth pavement, no biggie.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Old Jul 04, 2012, 12:23 PM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,625 Posts
Csad,

Not sure about free shipping. I'd go to their facebook page and watch the discussions. Grayson Hobby sells the Dynam also but not sure if they have the same deal as NP. Their shipping is normally pretty low.

Hope you can find the ultimate deal on the DC-3 ! If I start surfing, I'm bound to buy something. Help me !

Just ran across a F9F Panther 64mm for $69.00 from Value Hobby.

-Hawk
dahawk47 is online now Find More Posts by dahawk47