SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 06, 2012, 10:35 PM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,739 Posts
Jim,

She's a Beaute ! Running off of one battery or two? I ask because I'm wiring a twin now.

-Hawk
dahawk47 is online now Find More Posts by dahawk47
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2012, 10:44 PM
United States, WV, St Albans
Joined Jul 2011
1,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahawk47 View Post
Jim,

She's a Beaute ! Running off of one battery or two? I ask because I'm wiring a twin now.

-Hawk
One 3s 2200 was all she needs. Flew for about 5 minutes and had battery to spare. There is room for a slightly larger battery, if you want more flying time.

Jim
WVrailfan is offline Find More Posts by WVrailfan
Old Jun 06, 2012, 10:55 PM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,739 Posts
Thanks Jim,

For the two esc's did you then disconnect a red wire from one of the esc to rx leads?
dahawk47 is online now Find More Posts by dahawk47
Old Jun 06, 2012, 10:56 PM
United States, WI, Fond du Lac
Joined Sep 2008
1,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVrailfan View Post
I finally maidened my DC-3 today. What a sweet flying plane!

I was more than pleased with the way the chrome and white covering looked in the air.

Thanks everyone here for help and pointers with this plane.

Jim
Looks awesome in the air. Well done!
pmullen503 is offline Find More Posts by pmullen503
Old Jun 06, 2012, 10:59 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahawk47 View Post
Thanks Jim,

For the two esc's did you then disconnect a red wire from one of the esc to rx leads?
Nope, the ESC to RX plugs are simply pluged into a wye harness and plugged into the RX.

Jim
Old Jun 06, 2012, 11:05 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2006
538 Posts
With both red wires plugged in from both esc's just gives you double the amps (that is good) the voltage remains the same whether you have 1 or 2 of the red wires connected so you want to leave them both connected for max amp supply.
helichoper is offline Find More Posts by helichoper
Old Jun 06, 2012, 11:06 PM
Flick lives
beautiful, picturesque Southern New Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2008
474 Posts
WVrailfan, Oh MAN, do those wings look sweeeet!
BladeHead is offline Find More Posts by BladeHead
Old Jun 06, 2012, 11:19 PM
Joined May 2012
17 Posts
I just recieved my plane and starting to assemble. Im having a problem with the elevator were the plastic piece goes in. I glued it on but after about 3hrs of drying, the plastic piece isnt sticking very well. I can see it coming loose activating the elevator. I used the glue it came with but thats not working. Is there a trick to getting this piece to work? I do have 2 part epoxy if thats any better.
outofgas is offline Find More Posts by outofgas
Old Jun 06, 2012, 11:35 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,759 Posts
I use epoxy, and use some sand paper to rough up the plastic parts a bit before gluing them. It gives the glue something to grip.

Jim
Old Jun 07, 2012, 12:41 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofgas View Post
I just recieved my plane and starting to assemble. Im having a problem with the elevator were the plastic piece goes in. I glued it on but after about 3hrs of drying, the plastic piece isnt sticking very well. I can see it coming loose activating the elevator. I used the glue it came with but thats not working. Is there a trick to getting this piece to work? I do have 2 part epoxy if thats any better.
I used 5 minute epoxy. Did you "exercise" the elevator first? If you don't work it up and down to loosen it up, it starts out pretty stiff. I don't like the glue it came with. I may be "OK" for foam to foam but it still takes a long time to completely dry. When I use that glue, I leave stuff overnight.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Old Jun 07, 2012, 12:51 AM
Joined Jul 2011
1,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeHead View Post
WVrailfan, Oh MAN, do those wings look sweeeet!
Thanks Blade, I am very pleased with the way the chrome looks in the air. Flying at sunset was neat as the glint from the plane was well worth the extra time it took to cover the plane.

Jim
Old Jun 07, 2012, 09:52 PM
Joined May 2012
17 Posts
Im trying to get everything wired up. The instructions dont tell you anything for what goes were. It comes with 2 splitter cables, im guessing one goes for the throttle and one for the alerions. My receiver it came with is a 7 channel. It says elev,aile,thro,rudd,gear,aux1,aux2,batt. So basically do I just take the elevator cable and plug it into the elevator slot in the receiver? I had everything in the right spot i thought and tried to program the esc but nothing happened. It just kept beeping, the only thing that worked was the alerions. It also says that the transmitter has 2 modes, how do I know what mode its in and how to switch it?
Old Jun 07, 2012, 10:22 PM
Joined May 2012
17 Posts
I got everything working except the throttle, i followed the video that was posted and nothing happens. Each motor keeps doing a beep. The reciever binds with the transmitter i can get everything to work but the throttle. It just does a single beep constantly when i try to program it.
Old Jun 07, 2012, 10:30 PM
Joined May 2012
17 Posts
nevermind i got it to work, im an idiot! I do have 1 question though, when its powered up one aileron is sticking up a little, do you just loosen one set screw and bring it down and tighten it or is there something else?
Old Jun 07, 2012, 10:32 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofgas View Post
I got everything working except the throttle, i followed the video that was posted and nothing happens. Each motor keeps doing a beep. The reciever binds with the transmitter i can get everything to work but the throttle. It just does a single beep constantly when i try to program it.
I hope someone else here can give you some help, mine was the ARF version and I just dropped in my Spektrum reciever and all worked fine.

Jim