Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:17 AM
Connecticut, USA
Joined Oct 2008
144 Posts
Carnage!

Well had a little midair collision with a buddy last week. The C-47 was a loss. Not to fear though, I've already got a new one assembled and ready to fly. Such a nice flying plane I had to have a new one. Amazing how when your flying combat you can never seem to hit each other. Then when your not even trying there's a collision. It was quite spectacular. Too bad we didn't catch the impact on video.

A bad morning for RC flying (2 min 55 sec)
toddsl is offline Find More Posts by toddsl
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2012, 04:09 PM
United States, NC, Sanford
Joined Sep 2010
132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimefink View Post
well ive had it, ordered parts for my skybus from
grayson a month ago but no parts arrived so heres
my plea.

I need one landing gear a motor and two props
and if anyone can help me out I and and my grandson
would really appreciate it.

mike
I may have you covered on the motor mount let me do some digging and see what i have
btflycrazy is offline Find More Posts by btflycrazy
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:31 PM
Joined Sep 2010
132 Posts
Hey Mike i have a motor mount and one prop if you want it, just send me a pm with add.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 09:00 AM
United States, KS, Wichita
Joined Feb 2011
34 Posts
I am using 8 x 4 two-blade props (slow-fly props made by AWS found at any hobby shop for about $2) as replacements and they work great. Also am using 8 x 3.8 two-blade slow fly props by AWS and they work great also.
Can't help with the motor, other than I think they are available on the Nitroplanes website for $17 dollars last time I checked.
Brian W is offline Find More Posts by Brian W
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:28 AM
United States, WI, Fond du Lac
Joined Sep 2008
1,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimefink View Post
well ive had it, ordered parts for my skybus from
grayson a month ago but no parts arrived so heres
my plea.

I need one landing gear a motor and two props
and if anyone can help me out I and and my grandson
would really appreciate it.

mike
Replacement motors have been suggested at various times in this thread. You would probably be able to get two better motors for the price of one replacement. Look for 1000 to 1200 KV. Here's one that's inexpensive and good http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...9&productname= (free shipping too.) You'll need a collet type prop adapter.

The landing gear is a problem because it's always out of stock. You could always buy the kit version for $50 and have an entire airframe for spares.
pmullen503 is offline Find More Posts by pmullen503
Old Feb 25, 2012, 07:12 PM
Joined Sep 2010
132 Posts
i did the same thing bought the kit and have a bunch of parts now
Old Feb 25, 2012, 07:18 PM
Joined Feb 2011
34 Posts
So I bought these replacement 8x4x3 props from GWS Props, which arrived today. Man, these things sure feel flimsy. I'm afraid to use them.

Anyone using flimsy/flexible props like these?
Old Feb 25, 2012, 07:55 PM
United States, WI, Fond du Lac
Joined Sep 2008
1,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
So I bought these replacement 8x4x3 props from GWS Props, which arrived today. Man, these things sure feel flimsy. I'm afraid to use them.

They'll work fine. I tried the CR versions. You'll have a little less power. They are not terribly efficient but they look good. The stock two blades that come with the 'bus are actually pretty good. The "flimsy" GWS props are easier on the motor shafts in the event of a ground strike.

BTW, CR props aren't really needed on the Skybus. I switched back to normal props.
pmullen503 is offline Find More Posts by pmullen503
Old Feb 25, 2012, 09:44 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,223 Posts
Quote:

Before I switched to 3-bladed props, I tried a set of very flexible 2-blades. They seemed to flex a bit too much under power and created an annoying buzzing sound so I went back to the stock 2-blades. I've since bought some Dynam 3-blades that are the same for the C-47, Grand Cruiser and Catalina. They work very nicely.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Old Feb 26, 2012, 08:27 AM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
1,863 Posts
Quote:

I'm using the GWS 3-blades both SR and CR. I got the larger props and cut them down so they weren't as flimsy. The plane flies scale with them.
I may try the Dynam 3-blades.
flyinwalenda is offline Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:30 AM
Joined Feb 2011
34 Posts
Anyone try two-blade 8x6 props?

Got a bunch of them laying around...but I don't want to burn up an ESC or something...
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:57 AM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
1,863 Posts
The stock prop is 8x4. You won't burn up the esc with an 8x6.
flyinwalenda is offline Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:41 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
Quote:
Anyone try two-blade 8x6 props?

Got a bunch of them laying around...but I don't want to burn up an ESC or something...
no worries with the 8 x 6
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old Feb 29, 2012, 02:11 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Oct 2011
667 Posts
Hey guys! I’m the brand new owner of a Dynam C-47. I got it last night and maiden it this morning. The 2 ESC that came with the plane were bad right out the box. They wouldn’t power up, so I had to use 2 I had from a retired Dynam PBY Catalina. The 2 silver hubs for the motor didn’t fit and once again I had to use parts from the PBY Cat. Other than that the plane looks great and was an easy build.

I was attempting the tail wheel mod, but I scrapped it at the last minute because running the extra wire was too much of a headache and it kept binding up, so I just change the wheel to a rubber wheel from Dubro and glued it straight.

The maiden went well. Woke up this morning with clouds looking like it was about to rain so I hurried and left for the flying field. I thought taxing would be a problem but it wasn’t since the plane can take off from short runways. I just pointed it, slowly rolled on the throttle and away she went.

This plane can not really handle the wind. The wind was blowing about 8 mph and it was bumping the plane around so I only flew 2 batteries and called it a day.

I’m gonna add a couple leds and leave it just like that.

Dynam C47 Maiden Flight (10 min 9 sec)
devgrp is offline Find More Posts by devgrp
Old Feb 29, 2012, 08:22 PM
Joined Feb 2011
34 Posts
Nice work! Welcome to the club.

Most of my 55 flights have been in winds of 5-10 mph, but I have had a few flights when there was no wind and it sure flies a lot better with no wind.

Too bad about your ESC's...I guess I am one of the lucky ones who hasn't had any problems...yet...
Last edited by Brian W; Feb 29, 2012 at 08:27 PM.