SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 26, 2011, 05:00 PM
Registered User
Cottonwood Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
590 Posts
Dave, thanks for the motor feedback!

Flyboy - nice paint job, what kind of Prep/Paint do you use?

Topher
topher39 is offline Find More Posts by topher39
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2011, 07:11 PM
Registered User
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Joined Nov 2000
4,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher39 View Post
mrebman - with those RCTimer motors - how is the amp draw on those, have you pulled a reading from one or both?
The RCtimer motors are doing great & plenty of power. Amp draws cannot be much as I am cruising at half throttle most of the time. Two 25 Amp ESC's should be all you will need. I am going to experiment this weekend, I have been limiting my flights on the Lightmax 2200-3S Lipos to about 6 minutes but i bet I could stretch out my flights a little longer as the pack is coming out barely warm.

P.S. - Flights are easy & takeoffs & landings are smooth. The only problem i have is that I tend to land on the mains & before I can push that tail wheel down on the runway I hit a pebble or dip & the Skybus will turn & roll of the runway into the grass which is no big deal but I also need to reduce the throw on the steerable tailwheel. I have perhaps 20 grams of lead in the nose which could be remedied with a slightly heavier battery pack.
mrebman is offline Find More Posts by mrebman
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2011, 07:13 PM
Registered User
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Joined Nov 2000
4,359 Posts
By the way, in case you have not noticed, Nitroplanes.com has reduced the priced on the Dynam Skybus to $39 & it appears they are still in stock, I may buy another one & d the D-Day Olive Drab C-47 version also.
mrebman is offline Find More Posts by mrebman
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:56 AM
Registered User
New Castle, PA
Joined Oct 2006
604 Posts
The price is $49 now. But well worth it in my opinion. This is one great flying plane. I would love to have many so that I can paint them in all variants. It is like a blank canvas waiting for our personal touches.
Mark
markarch is online now Find More Posts by markarch
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2011, 06:51 PM
Hold my Beer and watch this!
silent_guru's Avatar
USA, MA, Brockton
Joined Sep 2007
291 Posts
My PNP sky bus came today. It came with 3 bladed props, so somebody must be paying attention to this thread So, I searched the thread but did not find a good answer to this question. What should I use for glue on this plane for joining the wings and other things? I was thinking maybe UHU por, but would foam safe CA be better? I'll use epoxy if I have to, I just hate the yellow streak of color I get sometimes with it.

Thanks All
-Jeff
silent_guru is offline Find More Posts by silent_guru
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 04, 2011, 07:37 PM
Registered User
New Castle, PA
Joined Oct 2006
604 Posts
I used foam safe CA on mine and it worked just fine.
markarch is online now Find More Posts by markarch
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:41 PM
Hold my Beer and watch this!
silent_guru's Avatar
USA, MA, Brockton
Joined Sep 2007
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent_guru View Post
My PNP sky bus came today. It came with 3 bladed props, so somebody must be paying attention to this thread So, I searched the thread but did not find a good answer to this question. What should I use for glue on this plane for joining the wings and other things? I was thinking maybe UHU por, but would foam safe CA be better? I'll use epoxy if I have to, I just hate the yellow streak of color I get sometimes with it.

Thanks All
-Jeff
I ended up using the included glue and UHU-por for my build. Maiden tomorrow morning
silent_guru is offline Find More Posts by silent_guru
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 06:30 PM
Flick lives
BladeHead's Avatar
beautiful, picturesque Southern New Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2008
473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent_guru View Post
I ended up using the included glue and UHU-por for my build. Maiden tomorrow morning
Keep the speed up when landing and you should do fine. I get my best landings when I don't land her right in front of me...It's a crutch to keep that approach and flare speed up, since the plane looks like it's flying slower at a distance. Have fun.
BladeHead is offline Find More Posts by BladeHead
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 06:48 PM
Registered User
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeHead View Post
Keep the speed up when landing and you should do fine. I get my best landings when I don't land her right in front of me...It's a crutch to keep that approach and flare speed up, since the plane looks like it's flying slower at a distance. Have fun.
Agreed. It's somewhat deceiving to see it coming in from a distance. I tried to get a few good slow and low passes close in but right after I took off, everyone else took off also. The DC-3 is one of the slower planes out there and as you will see in the vid, during my flight there were 2 major crashes. While flying, it seemed everyone was buzzing all around and I didn't want to get in the way, so I kept my distance. I did get a couple of good fly-bys nevertheless.
When I came in for a landing, I could tell someone was also about to land head-on at me, so I tried to get it down as quickly as I could. Keep watching for a few seconds after I touched down and you'll see what I mean. Not the prettiest landing but absolutely no damage. It's a tough airplane. My usual landings are much nicer to watch when there's nobody else trying to use the runway.

Dynam Skybus from Grayson Hobby (4 min 59 sec)
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 07:03 PM
The figure "9" Specialist
aeronca's Avatar
A Barrier Island in New Jersey, USA
Joined Oct 2003
3,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
Agreed. It's somewhat deceiving to see it coming in from a distance. I tried to get a few good slow and low passes close in but right after I took off, everyone else took off also. The DC-3 is one of the slower planes out there and as you will see in the vid, during my flight there were 2 major crashes. While flying, it seemed everyone was buzzing all around and I didn't want to get in the way, so I kept my distance. I did get a couple of good fly-bys nevertheless.
When I came in for a landing, I could tell someone was also about to land head-on at me, so I tried to get it down as quickly as I could. Keep watching for a few seconds after I touched down and you'll see what I mean. Not the prettiest landing but absolutely no damage. It's a tough airplane. My usual landings are much nicer to watch when there's nobody else trying to use the runway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz9qy1YEzRw
Now let's see, take off into the wind and land into the wind. Hmmm... which one was landing with the wind? Could have been a sad ending!

Aeronca
aeronca is online now Find More Posts by aeronca
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 07:15 PM
Registered User
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronca View Post
Now let's see, take off into the wind and land into the wind. Hmmm... which one was landing with the wind? Could have been a sad ending!

Aeronca
With wind .................. NOT me. All the others were hand tossed and they just throw them anywhere. Being much faster planes, they don't seem to be affected by wind as much as mine. They also land when their batteries run out. The one that came in at me didn't really land by choice. There was very little warning. It's amazing there has only been 2 mid air collisions since I've been flying there (dog fighting with ribbons tied to their tails). It's a fairly informal group on a native reserve.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2011, 02:55 PM
Hold my Beer and watch this!
silent_guru's Avatar
USA, MA, Brockton
Joined Sep 2007
291 Posts
Maiden Report

My Maiden this morning went great! Two clicks of right aileron and two of up elevator. She fly's very nicely Kept a bit of speed up on landing and greased her in. I fly off a grass field and thought she would not taxi with the free Castor tail wheel but on high rudder rate she taxied just fine. Put on two flights and can't wait to show her off to the club tomorrow. This is my second Dynam plane, I also have the meteor. I am impressed with them both. Thanks to everyone who contributes to this thread
silent_guru is offline Find More Posts by silent_guru
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2011, 03:12 PM
Flick lives
BladeHead's Avatar
beautiful, picturesque Southern New Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2008
473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent_guru View Post
my maiden this morning went great! Two clicks of right aileron and two of up elevator. She fly's very nicely :d kept a bit of speed up on landing and greased her in. I fly off a grass field and thought she would not taxi with the free castor tail wheel but on high rudder rate she taxied just fine. Put on two flights and can't wait to show her off to the club tomorrow. This is my second dynam plane, i also have the meteor. I am impressed with them both. Thanks to everyone who contributes to this thread
congrats!
BladeHead is offline Find More Posts by BladeHead
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2011, 03:50 PM
The figure "9" Specialist
aeronca's Avatar
A Barrier Island in New Jersey, USA
Joined Oct 2003
3,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent_guru View Post
My Maiden this morning went great! Two clicks of right aileron and two of up elevator. She fly's very nicely Kept a bit of speed up on landing and greased her in. I fly off a grass field and thought she would not taxi with the free Castor tail wheel but on high rudder rate she taxied just fine. Put on two flights and can't wait to show her off to the club tomorrow. This is my second Dynam plane, I also have the meteor. I am impressed with them both. Thanks to everyone who contributes to this thread
Congratulations on your maiden with the Skybus (ridiculous name; DC-3 it is!), silent_guru! Sounds like a resounding success was experienced and I am glad to hear of your ground handling capability on the grass. It is my second Dynam as well, but alas, it still sits in the box. Maybe I will get 'er done this winter.

Aeronca
aeronca is online now Find More Posts by aeronca
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2011, 01:52 PM
Hold my Beer and watch this!
silent_guru's Avatar
USA, MA, Brockton
Joined Sep 2007
291 Posts
Put some more flights on this morning. Everyone at the field was impressed with it.
silent_guru is offline Find More Posts by silent_guru
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion DC-3 Plans blackwidow18 Australia 2 Jan 17, 2010 08:27 PM
Sold Celectra 4-Port 1S 3.7V 0.3A DC Li-Po Charger by E-flite dizzane Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 2 Jan 15, 2010 09:02 AM
For Sale Great Planes DC-3 project sunderll Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Jan 12, 2010 07:34 PM
Sold Celectra 4-Port, 1-Cell, 3.7, 0.3A DC Li-Po Charger, Plus 3 240MAH Single Cell Packs. jafo216 Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 9 Jan 01, 2010 11:55 AM
Sold Dynam 5-Channel Receiver/Dynam 3 in 1 Gyro CGReload Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 3 Aug 18, 2008 04:40 PM