HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 27, 2011, 08:53 PM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
2,087 Posts
Wanted..Original stock motors

Anyone who upgraded their motors and still have the originals and would want to get rid of them let me know. The right motor is making noise(properly a bearing) and at this point I want to keep the stock running gear as it flies just the way I want it to ! Actually had a rather hard landing tonight as the motor started to fail and it started to roll right. Some spackling and paint on the nose and it should look good again. Could have been worse I guess.

Thanks,
Brian
flyinwalenda is online now Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2011, 09:44 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2010
740 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYBOB54 View Post
A black fine tip sharpie, a good 3 view, and some time. I have the panel lines and boots on just a little bit more and it's finished, man it seemed like a million panel lines on the goony bird !
Can't wait to see another picture with all of the panel lines on it!
pilot40874 is offline Find More Posts by pilot40874
Old May 28, 2011, 09:48 PM
Joined Sep 2009
60 Posts
Mr. Douglas

I guess it's time to post a couple photos of my baby.

Modifications include steerable tailwheel, running lights/landing lights, flaps with speed control, battery compartment/canopy push-up assist, 3-blade MAS counter-rotating 8 x 6 props, Dubro main wheels. The access panel under the wing has been modified to make it easier to remove and replace working around the main gear, and is held in place with 4 magnets. Rx is a Spektrum AR7000. With 6 servos, I'm thinking I may need to run a separate BEC.

The plane in the first photo is still alive and well and now based at Tullahoma Tennessee Airport. Back in the early 80's I jumped from it about a dozen times, once from 15,000 feet. That was a thrill. Also darn cold.

The plane in the second photo is posed on the fabric runway at our club field.

Safe to say, Mr. Douglas brings back many fond memories.

MT
Midnite Tweeke is offline Find More Posts by Midnite Tweeke
Old May 29, 2011, 09:58 AM
Grounded Pilot
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Jul 2007
220 Posts
MIdnite... Very nice job
IIIBonesAirForce is offline Find More Posts by IIIBonesAirForce
Old May 29, 2011, 11:22 AM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,398 Posts
WOW what a great job Midnite. I would use a UBEC too just to be safe after all that work.

Garry K.
garryk is online now Find More Posts by garryk
Old May 29, 2011, 01:20 PM
Flick lives
beautiful, picturesque Southern New Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2008
474 Posts
Midnite Tweeke Really nice job and faithful reproduction of the original. Looks like a perfectly good airplane that people jump out of. Tullahoma field was one of my haunts from back in the day when I went to college in Athens and was doing my C-150 training flying all around East Tennessee.
BladeHead is offline Find More Posts by BladeHead
Old May 29, 2011, 04:37 PM
United States, GA, Snellville
Joined Feb 2010
51 Posts
this is a fpv skybus. I also got this from grayson hobby. Unfortunatley I left my nylon bolt and battery tester at the field and it was gone when i came back. anyone know what size bolt that was???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epJli0RUzdU[/URL]
sillycow is offline Find More Posts by sillycow
Old May 29, 2011, 04:39 PM
Joined Feb 2010
51 Posts
FPV R/C unedited DC3 flight at SMRCF (7 min 57 sec)
Old May 29, 2011, 05:15 PM
Joined Feb 2010
51 Posts
anyone know the size on the wingbolt. I left mine at the field and now gone. Totally sucks cause I made it a good FPV plane.
Old May 29, 2011, 05:18 PM
Joined Feb 2010
51 Posts
I lost my wing bolt. I would siggest measuring that bugger cause it does not list the size anywhere. And if you do can you send me the specs. THanks!
Old May 29, 2011, 05:25 PM
Joined Feb 2010
51 Posts
Measure the wingbolt and post it. This way when you loose it it will be written down somewhere. The net doesn't list it anywhere. earlier in this thread theres a guess. He said 6*1* "couple inches. i thought it was like 2.5 to 3" long. Can't believe I left that stuff behind at the field. Must be the heat.
Old May 29, 2011, 07:26 PM
Joined Sep 2009
60 Posts
You've already found the answer in a previous post. Now calm down and go back and read it again. Thoroughly this time.

MT
Midnite Tweeke is offline Find More Posts by Midnite Tweeke
Old May 29, 2011, 11:59 PM
Grounded Pilot
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Jul 2007
220 Posts
Silly Cow man go to your local Ace or Hardware Hank and check out the nylon bolts they have a ton and one of them will fit the wing bolt on the SKY BUS. Take the fuse with you or make an impression or half of one using the kids silly putty of the nut inside the fuse and take it with you instead of carrying the fuse in. Good Luck.
IIIBonesAirForce is offline Find More Posts by IIIBonesAirForce
Last edited by IIIBonesAirForce; May 30, 2011 at 10:51 AM.
Old Jun 02, 2011, 09:52 AM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,398 Posts
I need 2 motor shafts and 1 landing gear. Anyone know where to get those?
Garry K.
garryk is online now Find More Posts by garryk
Old Jun 04, 2011, 10:40 PM
Why Yes I Fly!
United States, IA
Joined Oct 2009
161 Posts
The Dynam Skybus (2 min 39 sec)

This is a video I made of my Dc-3 today I really like the skybus and get lots of positive marks about it to
schroeder4 is offline Find More Posts by schroeder4