2,225 Posts
Thanks Tony!
sj3cub is offline Find More Posts by sj3cub
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2010, 08:59 PM
United States, CT, Guilford
Joined Nov 2008
1,419 Posts
awesome, tony! i have watched a lot of videos of that airbus flying. looks like a lot of fun!
rob737 is online now Find More Posts by rob737
Old Mar 09, 2010, 09:45 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob737 View Post
awesome, tony! i have watched a lot of videos of that airbus flying. looks like a lot of fun!
Thanks Rob! I'm thinking about adding a strobe light kit to the A380 for sunset flying. I may do the same for the AC-47.

Best,
Tony
xplaneguy is offline Find More Posts by xplaneguy
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 10, 2010, 12:24 AM
Joined Mar 2010
220 Posts
I have finished painting my Dynam Skybus in the AC-47 Spooky theme. I also have on order are navigation lights to fly at dusk like xplaneguy said.

Let me know what you guys think! This is my first project and so I am very excited with my finished work. Now I am much more nervous in flying it haha.
sh1bby69 is offline Find More Posts by sh1bby69
Old Mar 10, 2010, 12:32 AM
Joined Mar 2010
220 Posts
It's not 100% exact but I am very pleased. I've flown it a few times prior to working on it and it flew great. I do plan on getting a 2.4ghz controller
Old Mar 10, 2010, 01:02 AM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,509 Posts
Nice work!

Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 10, 2010, 07:56 AM
Central Ohio
Joined Apr 2009
210 Posts
OK - stupid question time this morning. I have unpacked this beast, and read the manual 5 times. Where and how are you mounting the battery to obtain the proper cg?
fotowiz is offline Find More Posts by fotowiz
Old Mar 10, 2010, 08:49 AM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotowiz View Post
OK - stupid question time this morning. I have unpacked this beast, and read the manual 5 times. Where and how are you mounting the battery to obtain the proper cg?
You have to remove the cockpit hatch on top. It's held on by strong magnets and takes a good tug to remove. Once removed, you will see the battery slot with velcro. Insert battery in that slot!

Have fun,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by xplaneguy; Mar 13, 2010 at 09:15 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 08:57 AM
Flick lives
beautiful, picturesque Southern New Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2008
473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotowiz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy View Post
You have to remove the cockpit hatch in top. It's held on by strong magnets and takes a good tug to remove. Once removed, you will see the battery slot with velcro. Insert battery in that slot!

Have fun,
Tony
I put the battery full forward in that slot and I don't need any pitch trim. Also, the magnets REALLY hold the hatch, so I made a little pull tab at the front with a couple inches of white plastic tape that just protrudes a bit above the nose...There may be more elegant solutions to that issue but it works for me, and you don't see it when the plane is flying.
BladeHead is offline Find More Posts by BladeHead
Last edited by BladeHead; Mar 10, 2010 at 09:49 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 10:00 AM
Flick lives
Joined Dec 2008
473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh1bby69 View Post
I have finished painting my Dynam Skybus in the AC-47 Spooky theme. I also have on order are navigation lights to fly at dusk like xplaneguy said.

Let me know what you guys think! This is my first project and so I am very excited with my finished work. Now I am much more nervous in flying it haha.
Sh1bby69, your Spooky is just so cool...A fitting finish-out for this excellent flier. Better not fly it in a low, circling, left-bank pass over any 'Nam vets or they'll be down 'n dug in!
Old Mar 10, 2010, 10:08 AM
Flick lives
Joined Dec 2008
473 Posts
Quote:
did anybody else get ec3 connectors on the esc's and pack? kind of strange, i have never seen these on anything else but the pz birds.
They're what I have on mine. I like the "grippy" surface on the plugs that make them easy to pull apart. My little Turnigy Accucell-6 charger has a charge lead with alligator clips, so it's not an issue.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 12:51 PM
United States, CT, Guilford
Joined Nov 2008
1,419 Posts
mr. sh1bb69, your plane looks fantastic!!! very nicely done. i bet you can't wait to fly it in it's new paint. mine is all painted, i should be able to assmeble it tonight....then get some pics up. i found it easy to paint since it's so big.

edit: any tips on getting the spinners on? it seems like an awfully tight fit. i am leary of pressing too hard on the motor shafts.......
rob737 is online now Find More Posts by rob737
Last edited by rob737; Mar 10, 2010 at 01:56 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 04:12 PM
United States, MN, Maplewood
Joined Jul 2003
211 Posts
[QUOTE=xplaneguy;14552883]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Morgan View Post
I also changed both the ESC and the stock battery connector to Deans Ultra. Balance connector is the standard lipo connector.

Here's a few photos of the A380 that I've been working on till the weather improves to finish the AC-47.

Tony
Have you put that jet into the air yet, and who is the maker of that jet I am thinking of getting one soon!
ZAGI CRAZEE is offline Find More Posts by ZAGI CRAZEE
Old Mar 10, 2010, 06:01 PM
Joined Mar 2010
220 Posts
Quote:
mr. sh1bb69, your plane looks fantastic!!! very nicely done. i bet you can't wait to fly it in it's new paint. mine is all painted, i should be able to assmeble it tonight....then get some pics up. i found it easy to paint since it's so big.

edit: any tips on getting the spinners on? it seems like an awfully tight fit. i am leary of pressing too hard on the motor shafts.......
I just pressed it on but right now I have it set up so if the propellers where to touch the ground they would bend vs snap so I have no spinners on as of right now.

@bladehead haha you know there is a mod where you can add speakers to your plane to sound like it's firing. I also believe there is a red LED so that it'll flash. I thought of that too but I just want to get this out flying but waiting for a perfect day. BTW post your pics too!
Old Mar 10, 2010, 06:17 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,509 Posts
[QUOTE=ZAGI CRAZEE;14560170]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy View Post

Have you put that jet into the air yet, and who is the maker of that jet I am thinking of getting one soon!
zagi - I purchased my PnP A380 from Banana Hobby and I believe it's made by Windrider/Blitz RC Works. I haven't been able to fly A380 or finish painting my AC-47 outside due to the strong winds here in the High Desert. It's literally howling outside right now. Unfortunantely, this will continue off and on for 4 months. The good news is better conditions are forecasted during the next 4 days. This weekend, my #1 priority is to finish painting the Spooky! After completion, if wind conditions are right, I'll fly the AC-47 & Airbus. Fingers crossed.

A380 link:
http://www.bananahobby.com/2009.html

Best,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by xplaneguy; Mar 10, 2010 at 06:37 PM.