HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2010, 07:31 PM
United States, GA, Roswell
Joined Apr 2006
101 Posts
Discussion
BUY FROM EASY TIGER MODELS.. You Decide

I am posting this in an effort to inform folks of my experience with Easy Tiger Models. The sell nice stuff, but after reading this, you decide if you want to busincess with them.

Please note: All information contained in this posting can be verified by either email communication between Easy Tiger Models and myself, or photographs of the articles in question, and unless stated as opinion, are all verified by same.

I talked to a number of folks on the Watt Flyer forum about purchasing the ETM F-22 which seems to be a nice model. On December 10 2009, I ordered a radio controlled F-22 electric ducted fan model and necessary battery from Easy Tiger Models (ETM). This was intended as a Christmas gift so I confirmed with the owner of ETM that if ordered by this date, it then would arrive prior to Christmas. The shipping address was to Florida as this is where we were celebrating the holidays.

I expected to receive shipping notification, but did not receive any notification of shipment. I emailed ETM repeatedly asking for shipment information but received none. Accroding to the receipt (photograph of same available on request), the model was shipped on December 20th just prior to Christmas, arriving via USPS, after Christmas - late.

Upon inspection of the package, it was immediately obvious that it was shipped in the orginal model box, which had external damage evident (photographs available). Note, most companies I have done business with have shipped the model in it's own box, packed inside of another box to prevent damage. This in itself was not an indicator of the model condition as it could have been well packaged inside. After opening the box, and removing the contents, it was apparent that the model was damaged, likely in shipping (phtographs available). I tried for days to contact ETM, without success. Finally, I received a response, indicating that I could return the model for a replacement.

The return postage for the model this time was approximately $45. The model was received by ETM and a replacement sent. It was requested - and understood by ETM - that the model should be sent to my home address in Georgia as I had left for the holdiays. I know this was recognized as the communication from ETM (Jan 9, 2010) in response to my request for status, indicating that the replacement model had been sent, was sent as a reply to one of the emails requesting shipment to the Georgia address . ETM however failed to observe this request sending it to Florida.

I contacted ETM about this discrepency on, expressing my displeasure with their customer service, and requesting credit of the model purchase price and cost of return shipping. ETM agreed in writing to this request on January 11, 2010.
The model was sent back again at a cost of $45. The model was received in the NY post office on January 20th and a return receipt sent to ETM . No reposnse had been received as of this date (Feb 5, 2010), so I contacted ETM. The ownder indicated he had not received the notification. I then offered to fax the signature receipt to him today so that it could be picked up. He then argued that I should have paid to have it sent to GA from my mothers. I told him that this was irrelevent has he had agreed to this arrangement and asked him if he was going to honor the agreement we had in writing. He said no, he would not honor the agreement.

In summary, the situation is this; I ordered a model which was received damaged. Per agreement with ETM, I shipped it back, asked for it to be shipped to my home address, which was not done. Per agreement I have paid for subsequent return shipping to ETM's place of business, and now ETM refueses to honor the return as he had in writing. Now I do not have the model purchased ($200 not including tax), and have paid almost ($90 in shipping).

I was accused of being a difficult customer...

DO BUSINESS WIHT EASY TIGER MODELS.... YOU DECIDE...
cloudsplitter is offline Find More Posts by cloudsplitter
Last edited by cloudsplitter; Feb 06, 2010 at 10:12 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2010, 08:05 PM
Stay Thirsty My Friends
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Mar 2005
2,338 Posts
Cloudsplitter,

I know this will come as too little too late, but do a search on this forum and you will find that your experience with ETM is NOT an isolated incident.

Rick
swarick is offline Find More Posts by swarick
Old Feb 05, 2010, 08:13 PM
Watts is life...
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,862 Posts
ET was booted from this site for a reason... sorry to hear about your troubles.

Bob
rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2010, 08:13 PM
Registered EDF abuser
Michigan
Joined Jan 2006
1,043 Posts
I bought a CF 100 mm fan for $ 139. It took alot of tinkering and balancing. Not for the beginer. All said and done it ran great. Had to file the blades down a bit and did alot of testing with it. My final test was with a NEU 1515 3D on 12S in my thrust stand. I didn`t clamp it in tight enough an it slipped , bending the housing and exploded. ********My fault****** The fan was great for the price as long as you understand EDF`s and have tools. Shipping was fast.

Thats my only experience with Easy Tiger.

Scarey
Scarey is offline Find More Posts by Scarey
Old Feb 05, 2010, 08:17 PM
The Sloppy One
Va Beach VA.
Joined Jan 2008
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarick View Post
Cloudsplitter,

I know this will come as too little too late, but do a search on this forum and you will find that your experience with ETM is NOT an isolated incident.

Rick
This is SO true...

Contact your credit card company, and Paypal if you used them also. Let us know how this plays out.

Joey
J03yT is offline Find More Posts by J03yT
Old Feb 05, 2010, 08:24 PM
Joined Apr 2006
101 Posts
Other Steps In The Saga....

Thanks.

I posted a complaint with the NY Better Business Beuarau (though it appears they may not be a member), and emailed magazines ETM advertises. I have stuck to the facts only, with no opinion or anything that can't be verified by emails or pictures - so there is can be no honest dispute of these facts. My next step is Visa, but that won't cover the $90 in shipping. I apprecaite the feedback. Pass the word.
Old Feb 05, 2010, 08:49 PM
Joined Mar 2008
1,129 Posts
I have bought from easytiger before...never had a probem, if i got a box that was damaged from any company i wouldnt except delivery
sheppard559 is offline Find More Posts by sheppard559
Old Feb 05, 2010, 08:55 PM
Joined Feb 2010
11 Posts
I had a very interesting conversation with the owner of Easy Tiger Models about the Giant Scale Bearcat they sell. I had seen it at NEAT FAIR a few months ago, and talked to them a bit about it. It was very interesting because we talked about a internet thread about this Bearcat, and it turns out that one of the participants of the thread was being very negative only because they had wanted a free airplane for promotional purposes, and was rejected. So I think things are not always as they seem on the internet at all.
I don't know about your purchase, but it seems like they sent you a second model when you claimed shipping damage to the first, and that was not good enough. I doubt they can send a model to a different shipping adress, too much chance of fraud. Your post has me a little confused, it seems liek they sent you a replacement model, but you sent back the second model, too.
I also did a search on this forum, and I don't see any long list of complaints. I see the same guy on every thread, but he never says what his actual problem was, and it makes me wonder if it's the same person from the Bearcat thread.
I did search the BBB on Easy Tiger Models, there was one complaint, and it was satisfied.
I am going to order either the Bearcat or the FW190, it will be my first large elecric, and I don't feel uncomfortable at all ordering from them, even after researching the internet.
WaltW is offline Find More Posts by WaltW
Old Feb 05, 2010, 08:57 PM
Joined Apr 2006
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheppard559 View Post
I have bought from easytiger before...never had a probem, if i got a box that was damaged from any company i wouldnt except delivery

That's all well and good, but how do you know there is damage to the model?? Many packages come with some damage to the outside, with no issues on the inside, becuase they were well packed. There was no signature required and so it was not possible to refuse the package anyway as it was delivered to an apartment office

The issue remains they sent it to the wrong address, an agreeement for return was made, I paid to have it shipped back, and then ETM refused to abide by the agreement made in good faith. I don't think I was expecting too much, and I think given the history I was extrodinarily patient.

If you want to do business with them, good luck. I am only passing on my experience for the benefit of others since based on their response I am out of luck and have to see if I have recourse with the credit card company.
Old Feb 05, 2010, 09:01 PM
Joined Feb 2010
11 Posts
You did say the box had external damage, once somebody accepted it, I think you lost the possibility of an insuracne claim with the shipper. But Easy Tigers shipped you a new airplane anyway, why did you send it back?

swarick?
rcjetpilot?
Can you tell us about your actual experiences buying from Easy Tiger Models? Or are you just repeating things others said?
Old Feb 05, 2010, 09:03 PM
A-4 nut!!
Vancouver B.C.
Joined Apr 2002
4,654 Posts
Quote:
I also did a search on this forum, and I don't see any long list of complaints.
What a load of crap. You obviously didn't look very hard.

Maybe ET is back!
skyhawk is offline Find More Posts by skyhawk
Old Feb 05, 2010, 09:10 PM
Joined Feb 2010
11 Posts
No, I did not see a long list of complaints. I saw mostly the same guys saying the same thing, but they never said if they actually bought anything.
Wish you luck with your problem, I've said enough.
Old Feb 05, 2010, 09:16 PM
Joined Apr 2006
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltW View Post
I had a very interesting conversation with the owner of Easy Tiger Models about the Giant Scale Bearcat they sell. I had seen it at NEAT FAIR a few months ago, and talked to them a bit about it. It was very interesting because we talked about a internet thread about this Bearcat, and it turns out that one of the participants of the thread was being very negative only because they had wanted a free airplane for promotional purposes, and was rejected. So I think things are not always as they seem on the internet at all.
I don't know about your purchase, but it seems like they sent you a second model when you claimed shipping damage to the first, and that was not good enough. I doubt they can send a model to a different shipping adress, too much chance of fraud. Your post has me a little confused, it seems liek they sent you a replacement model, but you sent back the second model, too.
I also did a search on this forum, and I don't see any long list of complaints. I see the same guy on every thread, but he never says what his actual problem was, and it makes me wonder if it's the same person from the Bearcat thread.
I did search the BBB on Easy Tiger Models, there was one complaint, and it was satisfied.
I am going to order either the Bearcat or the FW190, it will be my first large elecric, and I don't feel uncomfortable at all ordering from them, even after researching the internet.
I have never said there was a long list of complaints. I posted the complaint with the NY BBS today as the owner notified me today that he was not going to honor the agreement today. I searched the NY BBS site based on the ETM url and did not find them. If they are a member, then perhaps the BBS will help with arbitration.

You can see the inquiries I made with Skyline (Watt Flyer Forums) prior to Christmas when I was determining what model to buy from ETM. I have never purchased from ETM before. Usually I buy from Tower or other large vendors. If you're confusing me with other posters, you've got me confused with someone else.

ETM first sent a model damaged in trasnist, then sent the replacement model to the WRONG address 500 miles away, even though they recognized the delivery request. The owner sent me an email indicating it had been shipped, via a REPLY with the thread of the requested shipping address beneath the response. This indicates to me they knew the address, but may not have paid attention - that I don't know, I can only speculate.

It boils down to this, ETM made a mistake in shipping to the wrong address, and then asked me to pay to then ship it to Georgia. I communicated with the owner who agreed to take the return and credit me for the model and shipping - in writing. That was pretty reasonable, given the headaches I had with ETM during the whole process, except that I had to pay for the first return shipping - which is not cheap, as I indicated. Now the model is stuck in a NY post office because they will not accept delivery and I have no model and am out shipping both ways.

I really don't think I have been unreasonable asking for an undamaged model to be delivered when requested, and when received damaged a replacement to be shipped to the correct address. If you do, sorry. If you want to do business with them, then by all means, good luck. I won't advise you in either direction. This is the story. Its true. Its verifiable.
Old Feb 05, 2010, 09:24 PM
Joined Feb 2010
11 Posts
It sounds like if the second returned model was refused, then it will come back to you, and you will have your model. Was there damage to the second model also?
It could be they could not send anything to a different location do to credit card fraud. I do not know.
Old Feb 05, 2010, 09:40 PM
Joined Apr 2006
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltW View Post
It sounds like if the second returned model was refused, then it will come back to you, and you will have your model. Was there damage to the second model also?
It could be they could not send anything to a different location do to credit card fraud. I do not know.
Your missing the point. It MAY come back, in SOME kind of shape after sitting in a post office for weeks, who knows. The point is, we had an agreement based on my dissapointment in their customer service throughout the series of events, an agreement to take the model back and provide the credit due to me. ETM backed out of the agreement to address a mistake made by ETM - after the expense of shipping had been incurred. At this point I am out $200 for the model and more than $90 for the shipping, the shipping regardless.

I don't believe it was credit card issues based on the email. If that had been a problem, I could have been notified of same prior to it being shipped to the wrong address, right?? Usually you have problems like that when purchasing through PayPal. If it had been a problem, the original order could have been credited back to my original card prior to the return shipping and a new order placed - which was not done.

As I said, you want to do business with them, good luck. I won't recommend either way. What I have communicated is true and verifiable.