SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 05, 2010, 01:11 AM
USA, CA, Parlier
Joined Jan 2010
11 Posts
Discussion
US Aircore Trainer build questions

I just got my first plane- a US Aircore Trainer kit . From what I've read it is going to weigh a lot, Does anyone have any suggestions for ways to keep the weight down? epoxy or CA vs contact cement

also
http://homepages.sover.net/~badmojo/pages/aircore.html
this guy seems to think that the wing should be built without washout. The directions say some washout is beneficial. What do you guys think?

Thanks a lot!
Nick
nick3 is offline Find More Posts by nick3
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2010, 12:57 PM
windy Wisconsin
Joined Feb 2009
124 Posts
Some washout is beneficial, the Aircore I built, was put together as instructed and has held up well. It is now on it's second owner and still is in good shape. The contact cement adds weight, but not enough to to make much difference on a plane this size. The corroplast is heavy to start with. Just a thought, but if Jeff had some washout maybe he would have less crashes. The only thing I recommend is make sure the engine is at least a ball bearing .45 or equivalent. I tried an OS .40 LA and it was very poor performance wise, a Magnum .46 worked very well.
dked41
dked41 is offline Find More Posts by dked41
Old Feb 05, 2010, 06:55 PM
USA, CA, Parlier
Joined Jan 2010
11 Posts
Ok thanks! I have a magnum .52 4 stroke that I am planning to use in it. Does anyone have any suggestions on making the plane any lighter? Is removing material from the fuselage doublers a bad idea?
nick3 is offline Find More Posts by nick3