A chainsaw should do it!
Fred_L is offline Find More Posts by Fred_L
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2010, 11:12 PM
Its all fun
Australia, NSW, Forster
Joined Oct 2004
7,162 Posts
Well what did the fire brigade say when you asked them for help?
Tonystott is offline Find More Posts by Tonystott
Old Feb 11, 2010, 06:16 PM
I crash stuff
Willetton, Western Australia
Joined Dec 2009
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonystott View Post
Well what did the fire brigade say when you asked them for help?
When I asked the fire brigade to help me, they said no

I even went as far as saying that the lipo could over-discharge and catch fire at any time, and their reply was 'call us when it's on fire'!

Even when I told them it was in a tree on the edge of dense bush surrounding a primary school!

The local park ranger on the other hand, was only too happy to help

He and his side-kick had the biggest ladder I've ever seen!
They promptly removed the danger/damaged tag from it (no joke!) and went to work.
The thing was bending like a banana! but they didn't stop until they got my plane down safely

They even turned down the offer of a carton of beer! Then we all laughed as one of them said 'Well I guess that danger tag was on there for a reason' (the ladder was damaged in the middle causing it to bend savagely!)

On another note, I REALLY like the fishing weight/rope idea, and as far as that modified bow goes... COOOOOOOOOL!

With one of those, I might even be able to fish! (can't cast for nuts!)

Sorry for the partial Hijack Al! :P

Trusty
TrustyRuss is offline Find More Posts by TrustyRuss
Old Feb 11, 2010, 06:45 PM
Is my CG correct?
Wollongong, Aus
Joined Sep 2009
5,096 Posts
Quote:
The local park ranger on the other hand, was only too happy to help

He and his side-kick had the biggest ladder I've ever seen!
They promptly removed the danger/damaged tag from it (no joke!) and went to work.
The thing was bending like a banana! but they didn't stop until they got my plane down safely

They even turned down the offer of a carton of beer! Then we all laughed as one of them said 'Well I guess that danger tag was on there for a reason' (the ladder was damaged in the middle causing it to bend savagely!)
Thats crazy!! Normally they arn't allowed to help for some reason (been there with bogged cars), and normally being from a gov department they are over OHSed so even picking up the ladder would require $5000 in risk assesments and supervisors. Sound like some cool rangers in that area
discostu956 is offline Find More Posts by discostu956
Old Feb 12, 2010, 04:34 PM
Melbourne (Sth East Suburbs)
Joined Jun 2007
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingBaby View Post
My plane actually hang on the tree and is about 3 storey high... Anyone had any ways of getting it down ?? Where can I buy a long pole to get it down???
Next time, try Jim's eye deer, that is a good one or try a tennis ball tied to a string, tried here in vic and seems to work OK!
kevtherev is offline Find More Posts by kevtherev