Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 04, 2010, 07:49 AM
Dream Build Fly Scale
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Oct 2004
2,865 Posts
Idea
E-Z Airplane Stand

While killing some time yesterday at Home Depot (which usually gets me in trouble) I came across this Rigid Flip-top stand and figured it would make an ideal field stand.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

I used some 3/4 pvc and fittings to make up a craddle to go on it for my Sabre. Other planes can have their own craddle to suit with the same mounting method. I drilled a pair of 1-1/4" dia holes in the stand to accept the bottom of a 'tee'. I may extend them or run a pin through the bottom for added security, but at the moment it's a nice snug fit.

The cross brace that the fuse is sitting on is raised up off the deck to allow for cycling of the gear and doors, as well as installing and removing battery packs.

The stand looks like it could tip over, but it's very sturdy and the height is adjustable. If you lower it a little you could even push the center into the ground.

Not bad for around $40 and an hour of time.
strictlyscale is offline Find More Posts by strictlyscale
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2010, 12:59 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
nice. might have to go and check those out. hope they are available here in the great white north. LOL.

Rich
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Feb 04, 2010, 11:00 PM
Joined Nov 2002
301 Posts
that is a great tip I was thinking of getting another midwest but that looks perfect

Thanks
Mike
old p47 is offline Find More Posts by old p47