HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 18, 2010, 10:01 PM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,671 Posts
Thanks Jeff for explaining well, what I did poorly.
JONBOYLEMON is online now Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 18, 2010, 10:09 PM
If It Aint Broke,I'll Break It
United States, TX, Lockhart
Joined Dec 2008
2,871 Posts
Thanks Jeff. I learned something tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjohnson View Post
When you run at half throttle the current is still 50 amps, but the circuit is open half the time. The average current read by our wattmeters may show 25 amps, but the components are all seeing 50 amps half of the time.
Rockin G is offline Find More Posts by Rockin G
Old Mar 18, 2010, 10:14 PM
Hit Me! Please!
Provo, UT
Joined Jan 2005
3,862 Posts
De rien. I thought I learned that from you Jon?
jwjohnson is offline Find More Posts by jwjohnson
Old Mar 20, 2010, 12:06 PM
How do I change this text?
The Beautiful Mountains of Utah
Joined Oct 2006
6,223 Posts
Nate and I will be flying some combat at Barnes at 11:30.
Darth_Elevator is offline Find More Posts by Darth_Elevator
Old Mar 20, 2010, 02:21 PM
JET-I
Kaysville, Ut
Joined Nov 2008
360 Posts
Mark and I are on our way in a few
Tetro is offline Find More Posts by Tetro
Old Mar 20, 2010, 07:42 PM
Joined Dec 2008
2,871 Posts
Nice Cliff. Thanks for posting

Okay now on to my sarcastics laced comment on some other stuff that happened out there today. Apparently these planes are distracting to kids that supposedly love to play soccer. The kids were on the east field, we were on the west field. During a rousing round of combat, all 3 of us said "stay away from the kids." And we did. However a wind gust hit at an inopportune time on one of the wings at slow speed right over that walkway between the 2 fields. The wing stalled and went into that wierd spin that happens from time to time. The pilot instead of hitting the throttle decided to go ahead and let it fall so as not to hit anyone, expecially with a prop.

A short time later one of the parents from the soccer kids came over to inquire as to the cost of getting into it. And then he flipped a lightswitch and proceeded to lecture us about how we could have hit a kid and how we should be careful and how he didnt want to call the cops on us and get us kicked out. And that we were :distracting the kids" I told him to go ahead and call them, we hadnt done anything wrong. He said he wasnt going to do that and the conversation turned back to how cool the planes were...He had two smaller kids with him and he told asked them "aren't those cool??? The small talk ended and we told him to have a nice day as he left.

45 minutes later a deputy shows up asking us what happened. We told him and he just asked to make sure we dont fly near the kids because the complaint was, and I QUOTE...that we "almost killed one of their kids with a 40 pound plane" We showed the deputy the "40 pound peice of foam"

So what I am trying to say is if the kids are out there....try not to hit them, try not to fly over them and try not to distract them. I'll bet that they (soccer freaks) will try to get RC flying banned from that park. Just a hunch.....Where is a nice sod farm when you need it?
Old Mar 20, 2010, 08:25 PM
Eek! I see RC People!
Utah
Joined Oct 2009
664 Posts
Sorry you guys had trouble with people today. You could always try the Kaysville Park I spoke of last January. Attached is an image and here is the google maps link. Parking would be along the road or at the school to the south (does not appear in image or map). No soccer or baseball fields near this one. Not too far from Barnes.

There is also this field that's near SDM. Again, included is an attached image and a google maps link. The Farmington field may be fenced in, I haven't checked. I think you can make out the soccer and baseball fields near this one, but it still might be usable.
OICUFly12 is offline Find More Posts by OICUFly12
Old Mar 20, 2010, 08:46 PM
High to fly & no wing to fling
United States, UT, Farmington
Joined May 2009
235 Posts
Shoot!

Once again I missed out on all the fun!
DukeStarHopper is offline Find More Posts by DukeStarHopper
Old Mar 20, 2010, 09:03 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,188 Posts
Wow, sounds like an interesting day out at Barnes. Love the pics from today, wish I could've been there flying.

There is a freshly leveled HUGE open area by my house. Only problem is it's all dirt or mud depending on how recently we've had any precipitation. It's all leveled out because they will eventually build a sports park there, but I don't see that starting yet.
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Mar 20, 2010, 09:53 PM
JET-I
Kaysville, Ut
Joined Nov 2008
360 Posts
Anywhere we fly, (we being the general R/C flying populous) a soccer field is going to appear. It may be only a matter of time before the Field on base is converted to a soccer field and the F-16's cant fly anymore because of it being "Distracting" to those kids. OK, a little over the top, but I fail to understand how it can just be decided to place a soccer field somewhere that is public park, or by, or on an existing flying field (JRMC).
Old Mar 21, 2010, 12:19 AM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,671 Posts
Sounds like you guys had a good day. Soccer=The Devil. Did anyone ever try getting ahold of Pack sod farm up there?
Just want to remind everyone about April 17th Un Civil war. If you dont know about it yet, ask a friend.
JONBOYLEMON is online now Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Mar 21, 2010, 10:52 AM
JET-I
Kaysville, Ut
Joined Nov 2008
360 Posts
so who's flying today besides Marc and I?
Old Mar 21, 2010, 11:06 AM
Joined Dec 2008
2,871 Posts
Where? When?
Old Mar 21, 2010, 12:18 PM
JET-I
Kaysville, Ut
Joined Nov 2008
360 Posts
Aaron, Marc, and I are going to the base, any other takers...