HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2010, 04:35 PM
Watch your 6
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Jul 2010
710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremewing View Post
Wow, we really should make good use of that!
That would be soo cool on a really nasty day! The only problem is getting to Ogden from Alpine in a blizzard.
6Killer is offline Find More Posts by 6Killer
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2010, 05:12 PM
How do I change this text?
The Beautiful Mountains of Utah
Joined Oct 2006
6,227 Posts
I called Addiction RC and they said it is $10 per day per person. I asked if they have an hourly rate, where you could rent the facility for a set price to let in as many people in as you wanted, but he said they do not rent it out hourly -- they only do the $10 per person for the whole day. Too bad. I think I'd be much more likely to use it for a couple hours at a time than using it all day.
Darth_Elevator is offline Find More Posts by Darth_Elevator
Old Nov 17, 2010, 05:33 PM
Eek! I see RC People!
Utah
Joined Oct 2009
664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
I've been there. It is not as big as that picture might lead you to believe. When I was last there the floor was completely covered with sand for a car and truck track. Lots of undulating hills, so you're might have to watch where you step. Would be a great place for all you guys considering a car or truck. I'd have to bring in a very small heli if I wanted to use it. Let's see.... What would I need to get?
OICUFly12 is offline Find More Posts by OICUFly12
Old Nov 17, 2010, 05:38 PM
Eek! I see RC People!
Utah
Joined Oct 2009
664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Elevator View Post
I called Addiction RC and they said it is $10 per day per person. I asked if they have an hourly rate, where you could rent the facility for a set price to let in as many people in as you wanted, but he said they do not rent it out hourly -- they only do the $10 per person for the whole day. Too bad. I think I'd be much more likely to use it for a couple hours at a time than using it all day.
What about a group rate? Say 10 people come. Could we pay $8 per person instead of $10?
OICUFly12 is offline Find More Posts by OICUFly12
Old Nov 17, 2010, 11:17 PM
Combat: You're doing it wrong.
United States, UT, Layton
Joined Sep 2009
1,799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesconklin View Post
Does anyone know where I can purchase Fan Fold Foam?
Charles, I stopped by Lowes in Bountiful today and they had it in stock. $38 for a stack.
chewbaccah is offline Find More Posts by chewbaccah
Old Nov 18, 2010, 12:42 PM
Hey, Watch this....
United States, UT, Alpine
Joined Mar 2010
429 Posts
Nice, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbaccah View Post
Charles, I stopped by Lowes in Bountiful today and they had it in stock. $38 for a stack.
charlesconklin is offline Find More Posts by charlesconklin
Old Nov 20, 2010, 07:57 AM
Watch your 6
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Jul 2010
710 Posts
I have create a thread called "Maps to flying locations in Utah". I haven't flown up in Davis County, I might if I were in the area and knew where to go. If you guys want me to post your flying locations, and times you regularly meet, I would be glad to update the thread. If you could send me a google link, that would be good. Or just describe your flying location and I will try and create one.

Hopefully new folks interested in getting into RC flying of any kind may use this tool to hook up with you guys.

You guys ought to have an event on Francis Peak. That place looks Awesome.
6Killer is offline Find More Posts by 6Killer
Old Nov 27, 2010, 01:52 PM
Joined Dec 2008
15 Posts
indoor flying

I am looking for a place to fly indoors this winter. I know Addiction Rc has a warehouse in Ogden but I was looking for something in Davis or Salt Lake County. Do we have any indoor flying available?
sailorman33 is offline Find More Posts by sailorman33
Old Nov 30, 2010, 09:32 PM
Joined Oct 2006
6,227 Posts
Someone was telling me today about an indoor football arena out on Redwood Road in west Bountiful. It has an 80-yard football field so there's plenty of room. He said 18 people paid $6 bucks apiece to rent it for an hour for a football practice. That could be expensive if you only had a few people show up. It wouldn't hurt to ask them if they would ever rent out cheaper than that during their low usage times, especially when they hear that you won't be wearing out the astroturf.

Last winter we flew a few times at an indoor roller skating rink, but I don't know if that will be available to us again this winter.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 09:52 PM
Joined Oct 2006
6,227 Posts
Correction: it's in Woods Cross, not Bountiful.

http://www.ultimateindoor.com/
Old Dec 01, 2010, 07:14 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,198 Posts
I've been in there to watch some friends play soccer. This was before my flying days, so I didn't look at it that way. I think it will be similar to the place we flew at in Ogden. Let us know how the negotiations go.
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Dec 01, 2010, 08:08 PM
The Real J
Ogden, Utah
Joined Nov 2004
4,817 Posts
I'd been there as well for indoor soccer. It seems just the same, but without the netting on the roof in Ogden which took away 10 feet of flying space near the ceiling.
flyingj is offline Find More Posts by flyingj
Old Dec 01, 2010, 09:14 PM
Joined Oct 2006
6,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingj View Post
...the netting on the roof in Ogden which took away 10 feet of flying space near the ceiling.
And don't forget the netting on the sides, too. Despite the netting, that was a fun outing that I'd like to repeat sometime.

Old Dec 01, 2010, 09:31 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,198 Posts
I don't know why anyone would want to fly a slowstick into the netting
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Dec 02, 2010, 09:53 AM
The Real J
Ogden, Utah
Joined Nov 2004
4,817 Posts
That was fun. Lets try and book the Woods cross facility for a few hours if it doesn't cost too much.
flyingj is offline Find More Posts by flyingj