SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 12, 2010, 08:54 PM
Eek! I see RC People!
Utah
Joined Oct 2009
664 Posts
Ok. It's not perfect, but I am going to be out at SDM tomorrow. Will most likely be there from 9 to 2. Any and all interested in flying out there should drop by.
OICUFly12 is offline Find More Posts by OICUFly12
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2010, 04:47 PM
JET-I
Kaysville, Ut
Joined Nov 2008
360 Posts
Marc and I are heading to Barnes in 10 minutes if anyone wants to join...
Tetro is offline Find More Posts by Tetro
Old Feb 14, 2010, 08:49 PM
If It Aint Broke,I'll Break It
United States, TX, Lockhart
Joined Dec 2008
2,872 Posts
Monday morning at the Jordan River Modelport. I have heard as early as 9AM for some attendees..
Rockin G is offline Find More Posts by Rockin G
Old Feb 14, 2010, 10:28 PM
How do I change this text?
The Beautiful Mountains of Utah
Joined Oct 2006
6,229 Posts
Micro fun-fly Monday night @ 9:30 @ Classic Skating. Open to all Vapor size micro-planes (including Sukhoi and P-51); micro-helis (MCX and MSR size); and IFO's with a prop guard on front. The owners asked us not to fly the bigger helis or anything with an unprotected front prop, so I'll be leaving my Zak-Yak at home. I'll also be leaving my HK-450 home since it's not even built.

Aaron, Nate were planning on doing some FPV tomorrow but if those plans change, I'll see if I can make it to the modelport a little later in the morning. Do you think you'll be flying most of the morning?
Darth_Elevator is online now Find More Posts by Darth_Elevator
Old Feb 14, 2010, 10:33 PM
If It Aint Broke,I'll Break It
United States, TX, Lockhart
Joined Dec 2008
2,872 Posts
Yeah, some say they wont be there till around noon
Rockin G is offline Find More Posts by Rockin G
Old Feb 14, 2010, 11:14 PM
The Real J
Ogden, Utah
Joined Nov 2004
4,817 Posts
Aaron,

I'll be there at Jordan River by 10 AM.

Darth, I can see the concerns of the owners, but that leaves me with nothing to fly... But I doubt I could fly twice in one day anyway. What I really want and would be perfect in there is one of those 4 Site BNF Biplanes...
flyingj is offline Find More Posts by flyingj
Old Feb 15, 2010, 05:20 PM
Paraglider/novice RC Guy
Salt Lake City
Joined Jan 2010
24 Posts
Well dog gone it, I should have checked this thread, I was at the Jordan River Modelpark at 9:30 am until about 11 or so, It was raining pretty bad the whole time I was there so I figured nobody would show? oh well, I hope to catch up with you guys sometime soon!

Rhel
zuluflyer is offline Find More Posts by zuluflyer
Old Feb 18, 2010, 05:06 PM
Joined Oct 2006
6,229 Posts
If the weather liars happen to be wrong in their dismal forecast for tomorrow (Friday) afternoon, I'll be flying at Barnes at about 3:30 pm.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 08:00 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,206 Posts
I will be there if those afore mentioned atmospheric prevaricators are incorrect.
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Feb 19, 2010, 09:05 AM
Joined Oct 2006
6,229 Posts
Here's a short video of Monday's indoor streamer combat.

IFO Streamer Combat (1 min 26 sec)

Put some lights on the IFO last night for some night flying. Kudos to Nefi and Levier for braving the cold with me. The extra lights dangling from the back of each wing tip made for a really cool effect, like jellyfish tentacles or something.

IFO Night Flyer (0 min 37 sec)
Old Feb 19, 2010, 03:58 PM
Joined Oct 2006
6,229 Posts
Cold, windy, and rainy in Kaysville. Looks like the weather liars got lucky this time.

Glad I got out and flew last night in the warm lull before the storm. Speaking of which, I forgot to post these pics from last night.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 04:45 PM
Utah Flyers
Farmington, UT
Joined Dec 2004
1,638 Posts
Very cool cliff! Do you keep an eye on the ufo reportings? I bet they skyrocket when you fly at night. Im surprised the ifo balanced ok with all the dangling lights.
natetanr is offline Find More Posts by natetanr
Old Feb 19, 2010, 05:50 PM
Eek! I see RC People!
Utah
Joined Oct 2009
664 Posts
It's mostly clear now.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 11:21 PM
Joined Oct 2006
6,229 Posts
I gave up on the weather and didn't leave work until 5:30. Unfortunately I wasted all of the remaining daylight on the commute. As I drove through Bountiful, I was drooling at all those low altitude clouds along the mountains as they were lit up so brilliantly by the setting sun. I would have loved to have shot some of aerial video of those clouds.

Phil, did you go to Barnes or South Davis?
Old Feb 20, 2010, 01:08 AM
Eek! I see RC People!
Utah
Joined Oct 2009
664 Posts
I was sitting at South Davis when I wrote that. It probably cleared up at Barnes 15 minutes earlier.

The day to have been shooting photos of clouds was Thursday. There was a small storm moving south along the Wasatch front. Took about an hour for it to travel from south ogden, where I initially noticed it, to SDM. All the while there were little bands of clouds moving out ahead of it, hugging the front and dropping snow in sheets. Quite pretty, but unfortunately, also really windy.

I will be out at SDM Saturday, weather permitting. Here's a link to a weather station about 2 or 3 miles from the field. Wish I could provide a link for the WSUD stations, but they do not provide wx data like this station does. Still looking for a station near Barnes.