Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 11, 2010, 12:29 AM
How do I change this text?
The Beautiful Mountains of Utah
Joined Oct 2006
6,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cna91 View Post
crap, I just now saw this, oh well, I was workin in the yard anyways. Trying to get a jump start on the weekends chores.
Sorry, Aaron, I jumped in the car and headed for Barnes without even thinking to text anybody. You didn't miss any combat, because it soon got too windy. But you missed a great maiden. The Bat-Wing looks and flies SWEEEEET. Nice job, Dan.
Darth_Elevator is offline Find More Posts by Darth_Elevator
Last edited by Darth_Elevator; Jun 11, 2010 at 12:38 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2010, 07:37 AM
If It Aint Broke,I'll Break It
United States, TX, Lockhart
Joined Dec 2008
2,871 Posts
Looks nice Dan...man those back drops never get old.
Rockin G is offline Find More Posts by Rockin G
Old Jun 11, 2010, 09:22 PM
Hey, Watch this....
United States, UT, Alpine
Joined Mar 2010
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetro View Post
Blitzworks RC from Banana Hobby, but upgraded. Do you fly EDFs
Not Yet.
charlesconklin is offline Find More Posts by charlesconklin
Old Jun 11, 2010, 11:31 PM
JET-I
Kaysville, Ut
Joined Nov 2008
360 Posts
Well, if youre flying a Cozy, you'll be there soon enough. Pushers are a different animal, and EDFs are even more different. If the weather clears a bit tomorrow, is anyone flying, Barnes, WSDU? I have no preference, I just want to fly.
Tetro is offline Find More Posts by Tetro
Old Jun 12, 2010, 02:37 PM
High to fly & no wing to fling
United States, UT, Farmington
Joined May 2009
235 Posts
Cliff,

Thanks for the nice pics and the help with the trim and CG!
DukeStarHopper is offline Find More Posts by DukeStarHopper
Old Jun 14, 2010, 04:14 PM
right between the batteries
Farmington UT
Joined Jun 2010
143 Posts
Hi all, I am new here.

My name is Justin. I live in Farmington, and it is great to see there are places to fly 'round here : )

I don't currently have an aircraft to fly just the old JR radio eq. and some servos from a red stick airplane about 6 years ago. It died relatively quickly and i kinda gave up on it all till i saw the nigh-unto-indestructible wings like the assassin. Just thought I'd say hi and hopefully in the next couple of months i will buy/start working on an assassin.

Justin
Justo23 is offline Find More Posts by Justo23
Old Jun 14, 2010, 04:18 PM
JET-I
Kaysville, Ut
Joined Nov 2008
360 Posts
Welcome Justin. Yea, the Combat wings we fly are pretty much indestructible for the most part. Let anyone of us here in the forum if you need help and who to talk to about getting a wing core, or if you have any questions. Darth_Elevator or cna91 would be the best people to talk to about a wing set-up.
Tetro is offline Find More Posts by Tetro
Old Jun 14, 2010, 04:21 PM
Utah Flyers
Farmington, UT
Joined Dec 2004
1,638 Posts
Hey Justin welcome to the group! I think its new blood that keeps things exciting. Everyone is super friendly and helpful.

Looking forward to combating with ya or getting out for some flying. (I haven't done much lately due to other priorities)
natetanr is offline Find More Posts by natetanr
Old Jun 14, 2010, 04:24 PM
The Real J
Ogden, Utah
Joined Nov 2004
4,817 Posts
Nate, what is the CG of your 34 inch plane you sold my brother? Do you know or do we just have to figure it out?

J
flyingj is offline Find More Posts by flyingj
Old Jun 14, 2010, 09:37 PM
Utah Flyers
Farmington, UT
Joined Dec 2004
1,638 Posts
Sorry Jeremy its an experimental plane. The previous 36" didn't have enough sweep for my liking. I gave it more sweep and haven't figured out the cg yet. You can get a estimate by throwing the dimensions into the cg calculator. http://fwcg.3dzone.dk/

I'll be interested to hear how it performs. If he's not happy with it I will be happy to cut him another with some adjustments.
natetanr is offline Find More Posts by natetanr
Old Jun 14, 2010, 09:39 PM
Farmington UT
Joined Jun 2010
143 Posts
I have seen on the west side of the freeway in south farmington / northern centerville a small rc field. Does anyone have any info on this... is it a small club who runs it? or is it kind-of a free for all?

Just currious

Justin
Old Jun 14, 2010, 10:49 PM
If It Aint Broke,I'll Break It
United States, TX, Lockhart
Joined Dec 2008
2,871 Posts
Justin, If you are just flying wings, you wont need a club. Not right away. Just hook up with some of the members here on this thread.

The place you are probably talking about is South Davis Modelers, with a dry lake bed runway. There are a couple guys here that are members there, and they would be more than happy to let you tag along to see if it is something that you will like. As far as clubs go, there is also WAM, with a grass runway. If you want a paved runway, there are a few choices, but then you are getting farther away from where you live. Like UVA or Nurcac, or if you have access to Hill, Falcon RC (new website not up yet).
Rockin G is offline Find More Posts by Rockin G
Old Jun 15, 2010, 05:38 AM
Farmington UT
Joined Jun 2010
143 Posts
Thanks. Sounds like I will be just hooking up w/ others who are "winging" it and have some fun
Old Jun 15, 2010, 10:11 AM
The Real J
Ogden, Utah
Joined Nov 2004
4,817 Posts
Thanks for the CG calc. Nate. I'll pass it on to my brother. I'm sure he'll be happy with the wing.

J
flyingj is offline Find More Posts by flyingj
Old Jun 15, 2010, 03:53 PM
THEY MOSTLY COME OUT AT NIGHT
Kaysville, Utah
Joined Jul 2005
1,253 Posts
Wow I have not been in the forums for a while. My brother is coming up from West Jordan to camp at Cherry Hill and wants to go night flying. Anyone interested in the Fairfield Church Thursday night around 9 or so?
chimaera is offline Find More Posts by chimaera