HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2010, 01:50 PM
Fly it like you stole it!
United States, VA, Purcellville
Joined Aug 2009
746 Posts
I hope you enjoy the "CHANGE" you voted for!

-And if you were one of the people that voted for Obama believing this wouldn't happen... You're a [mindless sheep, as I lovingly refer to below]. (Edited, since Gumby seems to have gotten a bit butt-hurt by the comment :P)

'Nuff said.
ODUsurfer is offline Find More Posts by ODUsurfer
Last edited by ODUsurfer; Feb 02, 2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old Feb 02, 2010, 01:54 PM
United States, CA, Pinole
Joined Jan 2009
807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODUsurfer View Post
I hope you enjoy the "CHANGE" you voted for!

-And if you were one of the people that voted for Obama believing this wouldn't happen... You're a moron.

'Nuff said.
Nice personal attack
For someone who claims to be a "Scientist" you sure don't bother to read everything before putting your foot firmly in your pie hole

perhaps you missed where the entire OP is false...

imgumby
imgumby is offline Find More Posts by imgumby
Old Feb 02, 2010, 02:04 PM
Targeted and... FIRING !
United States, MI, Eastpointe
Joined Aug 2007
670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imgumby View Post

the entire OP is false...

imgumby
BWAHAHAHA ! riiiiiiight
D B Cooper is offline Find More Posts by D B Cooper
Old Feb 02, 2010, 02:20 PM
Joined Aug 2009
746 Posts
So Gumby, you're saying I am wrong?

Are you one of those that believed they'd never see a tax increase under the most liberal president to ever be elected?

Are you one of those that didn't do your HOMEWORK on Obama and McCain before walking into the voting booth?

Because I did. Look at his voting history in the Senate. He voted yes to every tax increase to ever cross in front of him.

I also knew McCain was a far cry from George "I'maMoron" Bush too, before I voted for him. The only thing worse than a bleeding heart liberal would have been another fundamentalist warmonger. McCain was very moderate, and a borderline Independent. Conservatives actually hated him. I personally loved the guy, and thought a true "middle of the road" president was what the country needed.

So instead, we went from extreme right (Bush) to extreme left. (Obama) This country is on a Yo-Yo. Hopefully we can get it right in 2012... (Probably not though. )
Last edited by ODUsurfer; Feb 02, 2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old Feb 02, 2010, 02:24 PM
Targeted and... FIRING !
Joined Aug 2007
670 Posts
Quote:

Are you one of those that believed they'd never see a tax increase under the most liberal president to ever be elected?

Are you one of those that didn't do your HOMEWORK on Obama and McCain before walking into the voting booth?

Because I did. Look at his voting history in the Senate. He voted yes to every tax increase to ever cross in front of him.

I also knew McCain was a far cry from George "I'maMoron" Bush too, before I voted for him. The only thing worse than a bleeding heart liberal would have been another fundamentalist warmonger.

Do your homework. You won't find yourself backpedaling so much.

He has redefined 'middle class' to mean anyone below the poverty level... thus the "middle class" got no tax increase
Old Feb 02, 2010, 02:26 PM
Joined Aug 2009
746 Posts
And for the record, if you are an informed American, who voted for Obama knowing full well what you were voting for, then that's absolutely fine. Every person has a right to their opinion, and that's what makes America great.

It's those people (who I lovingly refer to as "mindless cattle") who voted for Obama simply because he wasn't George Bush that I am referring too.
Old Feb 02, 2010, 02:28 PM
Joined Jan 2009
807 Posts
Quote:

I also knew McCain was a far cry from George "I'maMoron" Bush too, before I voted for him. The only thing worse than a bleeding heart liberal would have been another fundamentalist warmonger.

Do your homework. You won't find yourself backpedaling so much.
I had no great expectations of real "Change" from PBO even before I voted for him.He is after all is said and done a politician.I am no idealist.
After 8 years of gwb the only change that was necessary was no more republican in charge.
You are "Wrong" if you still insist the original OP has merit after reading my first post in this thread as it clearly shows the OP for what it is...more hysteria and hyperbole..outright lies from the fringe right.

good luck with the personal attack rule

imgumby
Old Feb 02, 2010, 02:32 PM
Targeted and... FIRING !
Joined Aug 2007
670 Posts
Reuters pulls its story on Obama's proposed backdoor tax increases on the middle class...

Old Feb 02, 2010, 02:34 PM
Joined Jan 2009
807 Posts
Reuters pulled it's story because it couldn't be vetted....

unless you're some sort of conspiracy theorist ...

imgumby
Old Feb 02, 2010, 02:41 PM
Targeted and... FIRING !
Joined Aug 2007
670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight View Post
Since the article doesn't mention that little tidbit, why don't you tell us where YOU found it?
He found it at mediamatters.... where do you think that kind of BS comes from ?
Old Feb 02, 2010, 03:00 PM
Joined Jan 2009
807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D B Cooper View Post
He found it at mediamatters.... where do you think that kind of BS comes from ?
Sweet Buddha...
I'm sorry if my putting the actual source at the end of the quoted article was too hard for you AND HF to find

imgumby
Old Feb 02, 2010, 03:24 PM
Joined Aug 2009
746 Posts
Actually, I've been doing some reading in the Wall Street Journal, and Gumby is actually right. I stand corrected.

What kills me is "Both sides have declared the bulk of the budget—defense and entitlements such as Medicare—off limits for big cuts." ...

Defense spending... -They need to call it "Offense spending" IMHO.