Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 01, 2010, 10:14 PM
5kW Club
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Feb 2007
839 Posts
Discussion
Falcon 120 Motor Mount

The Falcon 120 has become a popular conversion for EDF and Turbine. I have allot of flight on my EDF conversion.

But at AEF a friend ask if I could repair his fuselage on his Falcon
His have a turbine mounted on it and when he landed OOPS! It broke off right at the joint.

There is a long thread on RCU about all of the modifications that have been done.

The only mods I have done on mine are the reinforcing the landing gear mounts, and now the motor mount.
The motor mount is only held on by two 1/8 plywood light ply, and then glassed over.

I plan on drilling two 5/16 holes thru the mount and into the bulkhead. Then use resin and cabosil to glue the whole mess to together.
This is a great aircraft and flyís even better than it looks. So do not be discouraged and do the upgrades.

Hope this helps.

Clay
racer1 is offline Find More Posts by racer1
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2010, 11:17 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,522 Posts
yikes that does need a bit of work .i might add some c/f 1/4" tubes or solid rod in there.
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Feb 01, 2010, 11:41 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,522 Posts
after looking at this some simple c/f .100" thick sheet just epoxied to the side might just do it too(doubler)...simple and would'nt look to bad ... the side mount plates could be moved out so that they are flush with the added doublers . the side mount paltes need to be widened any way due to the width of the naxcelle.
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY