SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jan 31, 2010, 05:51 PM
HB cali
Joined Apr 2006
4,025 Posts
Discussion
Speed, Plane, Person, Location, Date, Witness, Weight and Notes

Please post any speeds you want on RCSpeeds.com here, including older speeds that are missing or any mistakes...

The new page will also allow you to post weight, notes, video and almost anything. I won't be posting anymore speeds from the other Plane, Person, Location date, .... as that link is for PB's only and it just clutters up the PB Thread. RCSpeeds will post speeds all the way down to 50 mph unless you guys think I should post slower speeds.

For now if you want UTube videos or pictures or notes for that day post them here or sign up for an account and you can post them yourself. If you have pictures on RCgroups, Photo bucket or others you can actually drag and drop them to this new page,,, I'll post how to do that later... No ďreallyĒ dirty pictures or movies or Iíll limit your posts,,,lol Lets keep it somewhat clean,, Ö Keep the swearing down to a minimum too, please,, I don't mind a litte and the page wont scrub your text, so it's up to you guys. I will take away posting rights from those that abuse... EACH

If you want to be able to post your own notes, *post speeds soon*, go back and change weights, or radar please create a new user on RCSpeeds and let me know by either posting your pilot name and your username from RCSpeeds, or sending me a PM letting me know who you are on the web page, or email me at admin@rcspeeds.com.

Thereís gona be a few errors on the list so if thereís any speeds missing please post them again here. If I have the wrong data make a link to the day page on rcspeeds and the place you posted the speed on RCGroups. Example Record day. You'll see that I posted some words that spencer wrote, a video, some notes and a few other pictures... You can do this with an account.

If you want to show up on a country list (like Australia, UK or Germany). You can do that by signing in and when you got to your pilot page youíll have a country choice. Or just ask me to do it here. I've already assigned a buch of guys there country and could have made mistakes,,, pls let me know. ASO there's a spot for a call sigh if you're logged in and I've assigned you to a pilot you can type in a call sign,, like daboz, ezza, King of the Hill or whatever...

If you hate the picture I have of you please send me another, post one here, or ask me to remove it,,, I will. If a space man pops up for your picture I donít have a pic of you. Or I didn't find one that I thought you would like,,, ha ha

You can make a list of planes you want to view if you have an account but for now it's a little clunky, but rather than turn it off I left it on. There's also a list of the planes that you have flown.

Iíll add more later,, ,enjoy.

Please be patient with errors and corrections,,, IT's a work in progress
daboz is offline Find More Posts by daboz
Last edited by daboz; Feb 15, 2010 at 10:15 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2010, 07:20 PM
sewing machine thumb
United States, CA, Palo Alto
Joined Jul 2001
2,305 Posts
I don't have any speeds to post because it's winter, but I weigh about 160 pounds.
Frank S is offline Find More Posts by Frank S
Old Jan 31, 2010, 07:56 PM
The sky is my playground
Near the Ocean in Hunt. Beach Calif.
Joined Apr 2006
999 Posts
I was sorta stumped until I hit that. Compatibility button!!! When the menu came up it made it much easier to use. I then spent the next two hours going through the different options and making a custom list of all the planes I have seen or flown. I'm sure there are many small things that will have to be cleaned up but this new site IMO will bring a more broad spectrum of pilots from all over the world. Check it out and get involved! Dynamic Soaring is here and is gaining popularity all over the world! Jimmi
flyboyjimi is offline Find More Posts by flyboyjimi
Old Jan 31, 2010, 10:03 PM
HB cali
Joined Apr 2006
4,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
I don't have any speeds to post because it's winter, but I weigh about 160 pounds.
ON a wet day frank,, lol

I just activated a few accounts, so you guys should be able to post on the Day Lists, Pilot Blog, Make your own Aircraft list (that the program will keep for you), view the planes that only you have flow,,, humm what else.. Ah post on your pilot page or any day you have flown. AND You can go back and add weights "of your planes" to past speed recordings, add notes, video, posts whatever

Jimmy you have to make another account,,, I had your user name and email all screwed up anyway.

Old Jan 31, 2010, 10:29 PM
The sky is my playground
Near the Ocean in Hunt. Beach Calif.
Joined Apr 2006
999 Posts
That's fine. I knew you were using me for a guinea pig to set up the site . I hope my contribution will get the site running smoothly as soon as possible. You have done such a remarkable job so far I think everyone will benefit and enjoy all your hard work. Jimmi
flyboyjimi is offline Find More Posts by flyboyjimi
Old Jan 31, 2010, 11:04 PM
HB cali
Joined Apr 2006
4,025 Posts
yup, thanks for your help, jimbo
Old Jan 31, 2010, 11:20 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,475 Posts
Compatibility mode is really just an IE7 emulator.

Is anything in the grid views meant to be clickable? Like Pilot name or Location ?
How do I get all the speeds for a particular pilot for instance?
Or all the speeds for a specific location that isn't on the main locations dropdown?
The Countries search in Locations menu really seems to act like a Country search on Pilots instead. Should it be under pilot's menu, or is locations supposed to have a different search?

ian
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2010, 11:27 PM
HB cali
Joined Apr 2006
4,025 Posts
yes, click the grid controls check box on the left side of the screen,

every grid has a controls on the left side but you have to check that box...

thanks ian

let me know of any errors pls, i know there will be a bunch,

chris
Old Jan 31, 2010, 11:29 PM
HB cali
Joined Apr 2006
4,025 Posts

Spencer I just activated yours and a few others...

Apple users, the menus should work on your computers now, thanks for the pms.

Ian Spencer says he's menus wont work on IE7,,, any IDEAS???

c
Old Jan 31, 2010, 11:40 PM
HB cali
Joined Apr 2006
4,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Compatibility mode is really just an IE7 emulator.

Is anything in the grid views meant to be clickable? Like Pilot name or Location ?
How do I get all the speeds for a particular pilot for instance?
Or all the speeds for a specific location that isn't on the main locations dropdown?
The Countries search in Locations menu really seems to act like a Country search on Pilots instead. Should it be under pilot's menu, or is locations supposed to have a different search?

ian
when you get to your page (ians page) or any page you can check out all your posted speeds, your Pb's per plane, pb's per location and your pb's per plane/location...

And if your logged in, just to the right of your name you can type in a call sign,

Ian you will find a usa flag next to you name, but if you were logged in and i hadn’t selected a country for you a drop down menu would allow you to choose. That adds you the country report.

yes its a pilot typ country report but I'm changing it to only show those speeds flown by a person in a location from their country... That way Jaro Ufer's speed of 340 he got at Weldon wouldn’t show up on the german page,,, seems a little unfair to those that don't make it to weldon...

There's a drop down list on any location page

Last edited by daboz; Jan 31, 2010 at 11:49 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2010, 12:29 AM
HB cali
Joined Apr 2006
4,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyjimi View Post
I was sorta stumped until I hit that. Compatibility button!!! When the menu came up it made it much easier to use. I then spent the next two hours going through the different options and making a custom list of all the planes I have seen or flown. I'm sure there are many small things that will have to be cleaned up but this new site IMO will bring a more broad spectrum of pilots from all over the world. Check it out and get involved! Dynamic Soaring is here and is gaining popularity all over the world! Jimmi
that button should be gone now

no need for it
Old Feb 01, 2010, 12:37 AM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,475 Posts
Created new account, Daemon

I assume by typing in a call sign I'm looking at someone else's speeds?
Why make that a logged in-only function?

I now see the dropdown in Locations. That works, but being
able to click on pilot, or plane or location in any list in which they
appeared was a lot more intuitive. Now if you see some plane on any other speed list
and wonder about its details (and don't know what specific class its in), you have to
bring up the All planes page, then do a keyword search on name.. etc.
A one click workflow turned into something much longer.

ian
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2010, 12:45 AM
HB cali
Joined Apr 2006
4,025 Posts
your account is active...

To see every speed every recorded for one pilot, i thought i would only show that pilot "his" information, it could change??? you think it shoudl?

The plane list you can still click on the plane... I didnt like the hyper links every where.

Every grid has the grid buttons, and the web page will remember your settings as you go from page to page.

c

I just checked the max amount speeds recorded for one pilot... Buxton 9 pages 179 posts... Do you think others would want to see that beisides john?
Last edited by daboz; Feb 01, 2010 at 12:53 AM.
Old Feb 01, 2010, 12:49 AM
HB cali
Joined Apr 2006
4,025 Posts
OH oh,, Jason just showed up on line,,, I hope he dosn't mind his picute....

lol

LILLY MONSTER PAGE!!!
Old Feb 01, 2010, 02:46 AM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,475 Posts
I can login and click on My Page and it works.. once, relatively quickly.
The second and any subsequent times it hangs on a redirect.
IE will keep trying for a long long time and then sometimes goes through, and sometimes
gives up.
FF gives up quickly with the following error.

The page isn't redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.

I'm not disabling or refusing cookies.

As for displaying pilot info.. I wasn't actually referring to the link to display all speeds,
although I see no reason not to make that link available for every pilot page. It gives
you an idea of their evolution over time instead of just latest/best.

I was referring to the fact that currently the only way to actually get to any specific
pilot page (including your own) is to login first so you can see the dropdown list.
I can't just bring up the pilots list and click on a pilot.
[edit]Finally stumbled on "Grid Controls". That's not really intuitive at all.

I liked all the links. It's what makes the "HT" in HTML. Text that allows
you to go somewhere useful instead of just static display. They don't need to
look like links, if that was the concern.

ian
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread