HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 18, 2003, 08:16 AM
What's a Member??
Sydney,Australia
Joined Mar 2000
632 Posts
Need help with Piper Cherokee & Beechcraft King Air 200

Hey guys, I need some help and figured that this is the best place to ask.
I am doing an assignement for uni which involved me sketching the undercarriage of Piper Cherokee & Beechcraft King Air 200 and now I need to write a technical essay on it. Does anyone have info on these planes, particularly the undercarriage (ie, how it's made, what's it made off etc)
Or do you know where I could get it from?
Thanks, Alex
Regecide is offline Find More Posts by Regecide
Old May 18, 2003, 03:07 PM
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
800 Posts
If it was me I'd shoot an email to the manufacturers and /or check for a co web site.

Jim
me11owman is offline Find More Posts by me11owman
Old May 20, 2003, 03:36 AM
What's a Member??
Sydney,Australia
Joined Mar 2000
632 Posts
Done both of the above things, and have only recieved one email (from the Piper Co) reply with the exact same thing that is written in the manual (wich dad has)

HELP does anyone else have info on these two planes, or knows where I could get it, thanks.
Alex
Regecide is offline Find More Posts by Regecide
Old May 20, 2003, 09:27 AM
Function Over Form
Connecticut
Joined Feb 2000
1,043 Posts
go down to the local small airport, and have a talk with the pilots or mechanics.
BillH is offline Find More Posts by BillH
Old May 20, 2003, 11:52 PM
North Hills
Joined Nov 1999
6,073 Posts
My guess is that a mechanic wonít be able to give you any in-depth answers, since itís not really a repair item. If you canít get anything from the manufacturer, I would try to find an overhaul shop. Your local mechanic should be able to point you in the right direction. My guess is that theyíre cast out of aluminum, machined to spec, and sleeved with stainless steel. And the strut and axle would be steel as well. Thatís just a WAG though, and I certainly wouldn't know what alloys are used.

Iíve got a B200 in the hangar Ė I could go see if a magnet sticks to it if you want.

Pete
SchiessCo is offline Find More Posts by SchiessCo