HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2010, 06:31 PM
Florida, USA
Joined Feb 2005
155 Posts
Discussion
Hold down shutter button to take non stop photos.

Hello Everyone,

Please forgive the vague title.

I'm looking to upgrade from my Nikon 7900 to a NEW camera, but the new camera must take continuous photos while holding down the button. The cameras I've tried in the store do not take continuous photos in Sports mode. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks so much,

GoForBlackSky
GoForBlackSky is offline Find More Posts by GoForBlackSky
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2010, 06:42 PM
Rich Hill Missouri 64779
Joined Nov 2003
8,384 Posts
Some of the Fuji's do and some of the Casios do. I'm sure some one will jump in here that has some great cameras like the Pentax and Canons and so on. You'll get an answer pretty quick. Hey, it's good to see you posting again even if it's just a question!
quailbird is offline Find More Posts by quailbird
Old Jan 29, 2010, 06:51 PM
Florida, USA
Joined Feb 2005
155 Posts
Thanks Quailbird, I see you're still hanging around here. Still preaching?

Keep looking up.
GoForBlackSky is offline Find More Posts by GoForBlackSky
Old Jan 30, 2010, 09:19 AM
Rich Hill Missouri 64779
Joined Nov 2003
8,384 Posts
Yes! Going into my 36th year!
quailbird is offline Find More Posts by quailbird
Old Jan 30, 2010, 09:58 AM
Prince George , BC
Joined Jan 2008
161 Posts
I have used 3 different casio's over the past two years. They all had continous mode. I use a Casio Exilm 8.1 mp camera right now. I just put an elastic over the the shutter button. I aim the camera at the sky and try and get a 1/250 to 1/400 shutter speed before letting the elastic over the shutter button. I usually get about 30-40 shots per minute and maybe 1 out of every 3 is decent quality.

I am not an expert in this area but this is what works for me.

Kenai
kenai is offline Find More Posts by kenai
Old Jan 30, 2010, 01:10 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,802 Posts
Due any cameras have remote control where I could activate the camera from a switch or relay using the radio?
RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Jan 30, 2010, 01:35 PM
Worn-out the seat of my pants
Dorset UK
Joined Dec 2006
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
Due any cameras have remote control where I could activate the camera from a switch or relay using the radio?
Many Canons can be hacked using CHDK or there are quite a few remote switches out there like the Prism.

I just wire-in a simple RC relay.

Ad
Lomcevac is offline Find More Posts by Lomcevac
Old Jan 30, 2010, 02:36 PM
Gaftopher
Nottingham Road South Africa/Bedford UK
Joined Feb 2007
3,877 Posts
I have been using a James Gentles IR switch for my Optios and have just started with CHDK, and a Canon IXUS100 very impressed so far, getting the camera to close after the run is great. I used to just keep flying till the camera battery went flat.
Gary Mortimer is offline Find More Posts by Gary Mortimer
Old Feb 03, 2010, 06:32 PM
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Nov 2006
192 Posts
Hi Gary, I have been using Optios and fly-soft IR switches for 3 years. I have a great S10 right now and can't complain. However I need a backup/replacement camera of similar weight (Pentax seems to have stopped puting IR functions on their new Optios & 2nd hand Optios have been dodgey purchases). Are you using Gentle's CHDK controller for the Canon IXUS100?

H
harrys one is offline Find More Posts by harrys one
Old Feb 03, 2010, 10:40 PM
Syracuse, NY (USA)
Joined Dec 2004
2,726 Posts
I think all cameras have a continuous mode nowadays. I simply put a thick rubber band around my EZ Star and camera with some wood taped to the shutter button to rase it up a bit. The band goes over (on top of) the wood and tape.

The camera is attached to a piece of basswood via the tripod mount/threads. The wood is held to the plane via rubber bands. I then put the rubber band around the plane and camera's shutter, and a few more around the camera and plane elsewhere for safety. Shoot continuous and you get what you get. Often picture in the "boring" direction end up be very interesting because you know a lake is in the "exciting" direction, but you'll be surprised what's elsewhere.
Block is offline Find More Posts by Block