HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jan 29, 2010, 07:44 AM
IRELAND
Joined Jun 2009
2,434 Posts
Discussion
Official Walkera LM3 - Thread closed

WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL WALKERA LM3, FLYBARLESS LM3-1 AND DUAL SWASH COAXIAL THREAD OR ANYTHING THAT FLY'S LIKE THE KITCHEN SINK!!!! JOIN US AND HAVE SOME FUN !!.

THIS PAGE WAS UPDATED TODAY THE 4-11-2013

ALSO IF YOU NEED TO SET UP YOUR LM3 PLEASE GO TO PAGE NUMNBER 40 - THANKS

OK i know there are a Number of LM3 threads out there, but this one is for the Guys that ARE thinking or HAVE bought the Walkera LM3 coaxial OR ARE GOING TO BUY THE NEW FLYBARLESS LM3-1 COMING OUT SOON !! ALSO YOU CAN TALK ABOUT ALL THE NEW DUAL SWASH COAXIAL'S THAT ARE COMING OUT FROM WALKERA !

Everyone is Welcome to use this thread and have the odd laugh but please No fighting. You can also talk about other heli's if you wish, there are NO LAW'S HERE as in other Threads !!

You can also enjoy more video's on my youtube page at http://www.youtube.com/user/rolex0071

Please Note: I am not a Seller or have any Ties with www.walkera.com However, i am a friend of www.miracle-mart.com as they where very good to me anytime i bought from them over the last 7 years.

Many Thanks - Rolex.

WALKERA LM3 RC HELICOPTER - WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW TO GET IT TO FLY RIGHT ! (8 min 11 sec)
rolex0071 is offline Find More Posts by rolex0071
Last edited by rolex0071; Nov 05, 2013 at 11:29 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2010, 04:33 AM
IRELAND
Joined Jun 2009
2,434 Posts
This thread is now open to all who have the Walkera LM3 / Flybarless LM3 or who may want more info on this helicopter.
Last edited by rolex0071; Jul 12, 2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old Apr 02, 2010, 03:32 AM
IRELAND
Joined Jun 2009
2,434 Posts
First Video out of the Box.

If you have not seen my video's here they are again, please feel free to post more - Thanks.

Walkera LM3 helicopter first Test Flight. (4 min 20 sec)
Last edited by rolex0071; Jan 05, 2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old Apr 02, 2010, 03:35 AM
IRELAND
Joined Jun 2009
2,434 Posts
2rd Video out of the Box.

Here's one more.......Thanks.

walkera Lm3 coaxial helicopter (3 min 59 sec)
Last edited by rolex0071; Jan 05, 2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old Apr 02, 2010, 05:15 AM
SO MANY TOYS, SO LITTLE TIME
portsmouth uk
Joined Jan 2010
461 Posts
Hey Rolex
whats this then a breakaway thread ? the company we are not alowed to mention have gone on thier easter holidays now so i have to waittill they come back still hope fully it will be here for my53 birthday
citroen1919 is offline Find More Posts by citroen1919
Old Apr 02, 2010, 05:27 AM
portsmouth uk
Joined Jan 2010
461 Posts
ive just noticed that i am your only friend and poster here see youv'e upset to many people now!

simon
Old Apr 02, 2010, 08:28 AM
IRELAND
Joined Jun 2009
2,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by citroen1919 View Post
ive just noticed that i am your only friend and poster here see youv'e upset to many people now!

simon
LOL........its open to EVERYONE and may be its not a bad thing in the end, there are to many Threads with LAWS, what to say and not what to say.

Live to Fly, and enjoy...........................................th ats what its all about.

Please also note that this is a old Thread that is over 65 days old but i closed it ontill now.

Regards to all - Rolex.
Last edited by rolex0071; Apr 02, 2010 at 08:44 AM.
Old Apr 02, 2010, 08:32 AM
IRELAND
Joined Jun 2009
2,434 Posts
Quote:
Hey Rolex
whats this then a breakaway thread ? the company we are not alowed to mention have gone on thier easter holidays now so i have to waittill they come back still hope fully it will be here for my53 birthday
Happy Birthday my friend - Have a good one, as for this thread it was here before all of the other one's, ok there may have been one out there at the same time but that was it.
Old Apr 02, 2010, 10:52 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolex0071 View Post
... as for this thread it was here before all of the other one's, ok there may have been one out there at the same time but that was it.
Dear rolex,

here is what the search function in a search for threads threw out - after I put in the following [b]Keyword(s): walkera, lama3, lm3
(... and believe it or not, your "official" thread did not even come up - which I admittedly find rather strange ... but it didn't )

To make my point a little clearer, I took the liberty to sort the results ... and I will start with my thread (the one that you were without a doubt "targeting" with the statement) as it is the "youngest" - and I am not ashamed of it, as I would claim (after a little more than a week in existence) it accomplished (mainly) what I "created" it for ... a condensed source of information. And the main reason I did this, is because dkfuji's thread ... as much valuable information it may contain (and again I admit this is a lot) does so only far and few, between all the happy-go-lucky post about life, the universe and the LM3 ... plus tons of speculation and other "stuff".
Oh, and the reason why I did not divert my desire for INFORMATION into your "official" (?) thread was because you stated already in the very first post, that you basically aim for a second thread about life, the universe and the LM3 ... just more successful than the "original" one ... and that was - with all due respect - not what I was looking for!

So, after this lengthy introduction, guess what the search function spit out??
As I already admitted: my thread is the "youngest":
Walkera LM3 FACT thread ... ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page) - 10 days old
Erdnuckel2 (Sven)

but now, now it gets interesting - which is why I am going to change the order now from oldest thread to youngest thread:

Walkera Lama3 - A single motor coax! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page) - 101 days old
Steve Joblin

New variable pitch koaxial heli: Walkera Lama3 LM3 - 90 days old
Rob zulu

Walkera Lama 3 - Flight Video & Review ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page) - 80 days old
Dkfuji (Daryl)

Official walkera lm3 owner's thread all welcome. - 63 days old
Rolex0071

just my 2 cents ... enjoy your weekend
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tools, Tools, Tools ...
Old Apr 02, 2010, 11:00 AM
IRELAND
Joined Jun 2009
2,434 Posts
A number of guys out there may like to know that i have found a way to keep my brushless motor cooler when its in the air by moving the canopy forward and by putting the canopy holes back by 1.5ins What you get is a longer LM3 at 667mm that justs about fits in the box, with the brushless motor now able to use the cold air around it. This idea came when my good friend erdnuckel 2 said that he would fly with his canopy off his heli most of the time to keep the brushless motor and 3 in 1 cool. All you have to do is put the canopy holes back 1.5ins and the hole canopy fits in excellent. here some photo's - thanks.
Last edited by rolex0071; Apr 02, 2010 at 01:26 PM.
Old Apr 02, 2010, 11:57 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Walkera Lama3 - A single motor coax! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page) - 101 days old
Steve Joblin

New variable pitch koaxial heli: Walkera Lama3 LM3 - 90 days old
Rob zulu

Walkera Lama 3 - Flight Video & Review ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page) - 80 days old
Dkfuji (Daryl)

Official walkera lm3 owner's thread all welcome. - 63 days old
Rolex0071
I haven't even seen a couple of these threads till just now. Good for you for pointing them out.

Quote:
A number of guys out there may like to know that i have found a way to keep my brushless motor cooler when its in the air by moving the canopy forward and by putting the canopy holds back by 1.5ins What you get is a longer LM3 at 667mm that justs about fits in the box, with the brushless motor now able to use the cold air around it. This idea came when my good friend erdnuckel 2 said that he would fly with his canopy off his heli most of the time to keep the brushless motor and 3 in 1 cool. All you have to do is put the canopy holds back 1.5ins and the hole canopy fits excellent. here some photo's - thanks.
I've also noticed that when I open the battery door, it hits and bends the rear of the canopy. I was going to cut away that piece so it wouldn't impede on the battery door. This idea of moving the canopy forward is a much better idea.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Old Apr 02, 2010, 12:14 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
I haven't even seen a couple of these threads till just now. Good for you for pointing them out.

I've also noticed that when I open the battery door, it hits and bends the rear of the canopy. I was going to cut away that piece so it wouldn't impede on the battery door. This idea of moving the canopy forward is a much better idea.
Let me add another good idea (if I may say so ... ) I was wondering a long time already, what I could do NOT to have to mutilate my canopy on the Lama400 (I know, that would technically be a different thread, but the two (LM3 and Lama400) have an almost identical frame ... ) anyways,

... already since Mark (aka KVC6) and Mel (Wabbitguy) first posted their mods on the canopies in the Lama400 thread, I was thinking about how it might be possible NOT to have to dremel a slot into the canopy to use an aftermarket TREX (usually fiberglass) canopy on either of them ... even more, since I had bought my first Lama400 this thought kept spinning around in my mind ...

... and the solution is incredibly easy: anyone who just swaps the canopy rods on the LM3/Lama400 from the back mounting hole to the front mounting hole will not have to modify a TREX450 aftermarket canopy at all!! - It will fit 100%, almost as if it was made for this purpose ... !!!

Proof anyone??? with pleasure!! ...

http://www.rcline.tv/photo/2847/lama...k-in-progress-

again,
just my 2 cents

Sven
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tools, Tools, Tools ...
Old Apr 02, 2010, 12:50 PM
portsmouth uk
Joined Jan 2010
461 Posts
Quote:
A number of guys out there may like to know that i have found a way to keep my brushless motor cooler when its in the air by moving the canopy forward and by putting the canopy holds back by 1.5ins What you get is a longer LM3 at 667mm that justs about fits in the box, with the brushless motor now able to use the cold air around it. This idea came when my good friend erdnuckel 2 said that he would fly with his canopy off his heli most of the time to keep the brushless motor and 3 in 1 cool. All you have to do is put the canopy holds back 1.5ins and the hole canopy fits excellent. here some photo's - thanks.
its no wonder the motors get hot if you look at the photo------ youv'e left the heli on the cooker
do you need to par boil it or just warm it thru befor you fly it
Last edited by citroen1919; Apr 02, 2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old Apr 02, 2010, 01:20 PM
IRELAND
Joined Jun 2009
2,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Let me add another good idea (if I may say so ... ) I was wondering a long time already, what I could do NOT to have to mutilate my canopy on the Lama400 (I know, that would technically be a different thread, but the two (LM3 and Lama400) have an almost identical frame ... ) anyways,

... already since Mark (aka KVC6) and Mel (Wabbitguy) first posted their mods on the canopies in the Lama400 thread, I was thinking about how it might be possible NOT to have to dremel a slot into the canopy to use an aftermarket TREX (usually fiberglass) canopy on either of them ... even more, since I had bought my first Lama400 this thought kept spinning around in my mind ...

... and the solution is incredibly easy: anyone who just swaps the canopy rods on the LM3/Lama400 from the back mounting hole to the front mounting hole will not have to modify a TREX450 aftermarket canopy at all!! - It will fit 100%, almost as if it was made for this purpose ... !!!

Proof anyone??? with pleasure!! ...

http://www.rcline.tv/photo/2847/lama...k-in-progress-

again,
just my 2 cents

Sven
I have a 550 canopy and 550 skids coming in next week, i know the skids will fit, and if the canopy will fit then you could be looking at a 669mm long LM3

Regards to all - Rolex.
Old Apr 02, 2010, 01:22 PM
IRELAND
Joined Jun 2009
2,434 Posts
Quote:
its no wonder the motors get hot if you look at the photo------ youv'e left the heli on the cooker
do you need to par boil it or just warm it thru befor you fly it
Very Good.......LOL
Closed Thread