Old Jan 29, 2010, 05:19 AM
Jan Sime
South Africa, GP
Joined Jan 2010
9 Posts
Discussion
Rx for Spektrum DX6 - which models?

Hi Everybody,
I have just returned to RC flying after about 20years. Things have changed a bit
I bought a Spektrum DX6 not DX6i with a electric glider (e-hawk 1400) to settle my nerves.
Now I am building a couple of models and want to get some more Rx units.
In South Africa there are a few stores but I'm battling.
Which Rx units can I use as some of them are not compatible with the DX6.
jansime is offline Find More Posts by jansime
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2010, 05:46 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,228 Posts
If I am not mistaken its ONLY the AR6000 that can be used with it.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jan 29, 2010, 09:14 AM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,826 Posts
freechip is correct. Only the 6000 receiver can be used with that transmitter.
Gary
Gary Hoorn is offline Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Jan 29, 2010, 11:32 AM
Member 120mph Club
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
Joined Oct 2004
12,444 Posts
and they are a pain to find....might be easier to buy a DX6i or DX7....
ATIS is offline Find More Posts by ATIS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: maxford Nieuport 1/5th Scale
Old Jan 30, 2010, 06:59 AM
United States, NC, Jacksonville
Joined Jan 2010
249 Posts
here"s you a manual, http://www.modelflight.com.au/rc_mod...ektrum_dx6.htm

The dx6 is a nice radio. I also just got back into r/c an can"t belive how much things have changed after only a few years !

The dx6 was designed as a park flyer an has nothing to do with range, you just can"t use it with large electric moters or large esc. Gas or glow is a no no! That"s where you"ll find interferance with the 6.

The ar6000 is sold out in a lot of online stores, but shop around an you"ll find them in stock, i bought 4 in the last month 50$ each brand new.

Want to see unbelivable changes in this hobby, check out the new hitec aurora 9 !!!!!!!!
dmaaero is offline Find More Posts by dmaaero
Old Jan 30, 2010, 09:21 AM
Jan Sime
South Africa, GP
Joined Jan 2010
9 Posts
Thanks everybody - I'll have a look on-line to see if I can find some AR6000s.
jansime is offline Find More Posts by jansime
Old Jan 30, 2010, 10:42 AM
Joined Nov 2009
978 Posts
Hobby Lobby and RC Planet are showing them in stock
http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...PM6000&click=3
SMCLEODVT is offline Find More Posts by SMCLEODVT
Old Jan 30, 2010, 04:23 PM
United States, FL, Ruskin
Joined Sep 2008
323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaaero View Post
here"s you a manual, http://www.modelflight.com.au/rc_mod...ektrum_dx6.htm

The dx6 is a nice radio. I also just got back into r/c an can"t belive how much things have changed after only a few years !

The dx6 was designed as a park flyer an has nothing to do with range, you just can"t use it with large electric moters or large esc. Gas or glow is a no no! That"s where you"ll find interferance with the 6.

The ar6000 is sold out in a lot of online stores, but shop around an you"ll find them in stock, i bought 4 in the last month 50$ each brand new.

Want to see unbelivable changes in this hobby, check out the new hitec aurora 9 !!!!!!!!
It has everything to do with range. That's why it's considered a park flyer RX, and is now discontinued
tedmo is offline Find More Posts by tedmo
Old Jan 30, 2010, 05:30 PM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
12,553 Posts
To bad, it's one of their better small rcvrs, much better than the AR 6100. I have 15 of them in use some in 40 sized planes. they are a full range rcvr. Been using them since they came out and never had a glitch.

Gord.
flypaper 2 is offline Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old Jan 30, 2010, 08:23 PM
Trash Hauler emeritus
Maryland, USA
Joined Oct 2006
1,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedmo View Post
It has everything to do with range. That's why it's considered a park flyer RX, and is now discontinued
No and no.

"dmaaero" was absolutely correct about it having nothing to do with range. See this explanation from Spektrum.

It's hard to believe how people keep perpetuating this myth that the DX6/AR6000 limitation has anything to do with range.

It would seem as though you are also incorrect about the AR6000 being discontinued...since Horizon just got them back in stock a few days ago after being out of stock for a while (link). I got impatient waiting for them to come back in stock, and bought a couple of AR6110s, even though I still prefer the AR6000 since upgrading my radio to a DX7, because I know from personal experience that I can fly my planes to the limit of visual range with it.
herk1 is offline Find More Posts by herk1
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini-warbird retract mod